Selector Infected WIXOSS Premiering April From Steins;Gate Director

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Selector Infected WIXOSS Premiering April From Steins;Gate Director

<youtube=mtADbZv7HaM>​
From Steins;Gate's director Takuya Sato and AnoHana's script writer Mari Okada is an original anime called Selector Infected WIXOSS about a dangerous game.

J.C. Staff and Warner Entertainment Japan's anime unit announced Selector Infected WIXOSS, an original television anime series airing in April. An official website for the anime opened yesterday in addition to a promotional video.

Selector Infected WIXOSS, pronounced like "wi-cross," has the following tagline, "Hope, desire, greed. Girls with each of these feelings in their hearts are being swallowed into the vortex of a dangerous game..." Story and character details have not been released, but judging by the promotional video, Selector Infected WIXOSS will be intense with drama and action.

Directing the anime will be Takuya Sato, who directed the sci-fi anime Steins;Gate, and Mari Okada, scriptwriter of AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Hanasaku Iroha is in charge of the series scripts. The anime is based on an original story by LRIG (Warner Entertainment Japan, toy and game maker Takara Tomy, and J.C. Staff). Working on character design is Kyuta Sakai (When They Cry - Higurashi and Steins;Gate).

The cast was announced as well, including Ai Kakuma (Campione!), Ayane Sakura (Aiura), Ai Kayano (AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day), Chinatsu Akasaki (Love Lab), Asami Seto (Chihayafuru), and Yusuke Kobayashi (Witch Craft Works). Also voice acting will be Misaki Kuno (Log Horizon), Ayako Kawasumi (Fate/Stay Night), and Rie Kugimiya (Toradora!, Persona 4).

The anime will premiere in April. Takara Tomy will also launch a WIXOSS card game in April. The "dangerous game" in the anime will probably involve cards of some sort.

Source: Anime News Network [http://selector-wixoss.com/]

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hmmm... Steins;Gate is the only anime of Satou's(Sato is technically wrong; it's either Satou or Sat&#333; in r&#333;maji) that I've seen, and that was an adaptation on an existing(and far superior) visual novel... I really have zero expectations here.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Dangerous game? Looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh type thing to me.... which makes me yawn, since it's now 2014.