SEQUELS THAT WERE BETTER THAN THE ORIGINALS

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
Roll on back to the future part 2 which in my personal opinion far betters the original in script, effects and especially the new characters and whats best is Crispin Glover actually sued over the use of documented footage in the film without personal permission

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
...Um, Crispin Glover didn't sue them over using his footage because he believed the film was better than the first one, he sued because he didn't get paid for it.

As for me, I found Madagascar Escape 2 Africa better than Madagascar. There was more plot and lulz.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Kaboose the Moose said:
Nolan's Dark Knight to Nolan's Batman Begins!
Nah, the first was much better.

For starters it actually seemed to, you know, be set in Gotham.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Spiderman 2.

But a movie like that that's based on a comic-book with lots of material to adapt can avoid many of the inherent problems of sequels, mainly trying to stretch an idea that worked well for a one movie into a series.

Also, I liked Jurassic Park 2 better than the first one. The idea of an island where dinosaurs live free is an appealing, albeit even more silly than anything the first movie had to offer, and I liked it how the protagonists had to deal with the bad humans as well who would run around being douchebags being eaten.

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
Terramax said:
Kaboose the Moose said:

I am not sure why seeming to be set in Gotham makes a movie any better or worse.

Anyway I have a few that haven't been said yet;

Aliens
Terminator 2
Toy Story 2 and 3 (both better than the first; which is still a good film).

also:

Oldboy (if you consider it a sequel to Sympathy for Mr Vengence)

A couple of superhero films like Xmen 2 and Spiderman 2 are also good examples.

(I am talking about films here; a lot of games tend to have superior sequels so it isn't really worth posting imo).

MrMetal

Jan 21, 2011
terminator 2
evil dead 2
godfather part 2
The Dark Knight
Xmen2
Spiderman 2
off the top of my head

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Terramax said:
Kaboose the Moose said:

Dark Knight..was set in Gotham. You know the GCPD (Gotham City Police Department) and all that. Even if it wasn't (it is), why would it matter?

As for Batman Begins, it was good but (personally) wasn't as awesome as having the Joker around.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
There's loads... The Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2, Aliens, The Dark Knight, Godfather pt2, Bad Boys 2, Rush Hour 2... And so on

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
I liked Syphon Filter 2 much better than 1. That's not to say 1 was bad though, in any way, shape, or form. Syphon Filter was amazing, and the second one really improved upon it.

tombman888 said:
I say Kingdom Hearts 2 is better then the first one.
This too, by far. Same deal though. 1 was great, 2 was better.

EDIT: Ooo ooo ooo! And Pikmin 2. Again, same deal. 1 was great, 2 was better.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
I think that Timesplitters: Future Perfect is wayyy better then 1 and 2, despite many people saying that 2 is the best.

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
this isnt my name said:
Fallout new vegas. Shit I went tere.
*awaits fallout(1,2,3, tactics and BoS)fans with pitchforks*
RAR here comes the villagers pitchforks and torches aloft you foul beast!!!!

:O NEW VEGAS really im interested to know why you believe this (note: im not about the unleash caps lock fury at you or anything im actually curious)

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Assassin's Creed, Saints Row, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Just Cause...

I think AC2 was the most dramatic improvement though.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
If it counts: Hellsing Ultimate to Hellsing series.
If not...Ratchet and Clank 2, 3, and Gladiator (haven't really played Future)
Disgaea 2 and 3.
Atelier Iris 2 + 3

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
audiblemirage said:
Evil dead 2
Ninja'd.

Also, Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead to Night Of The Living Dead. Night is an absolute classic and a masterpiece in my eyes, but Dawn and Day just took it to a whole new level.

Agent Poole

Jan 16, 2011
Raven said:
There's loads... The Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2, Aliens, The Dark Knight, Godfather pt2, Bad Boys 2, Rush Hour 2... And so on
hats off to ya great list there except for the inclusion of bad boys 2 urgh what a cack sequel in my opinion i never knew before this film that it was possible to have to many explosions and gun fights in a film