Seraphic Warriors {Interest Thread, V2}

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
[HEADING=1]
Seraphic Warriors​
[/HEADING]

The year is 1812. The world's kind of a mess. The British have invaded the United States. Napoleon has steamrolled over a large section of Russia, setting up protectorates and puppet nations in addition to his French Empire. Then, he made the largest tactical blunder of his career, and one many such warmongers have fallen to: he tried to invade Russia. He assembled his "Grande Armee", a force made up of somewhere between 450,000 and 685,00 men.

That's where we come in: Napoleon's Grande Armee is marching headlong into Russia, while Russia gears up for guerilla warfare. Unbeknownst to either side, a third faction is working against both Napoleon and Russia, trying to prevent either side from conquering all of Europe, calling itself "Libero Adstringo," which they claim to mean "those committed to liberty," though many dispute this claim.
All three sides have a secret weapon: Angels, (well, Seraphs, technically, but nonetheless,) or seemingly angelic warriors fighting for their side. Each side has them. None of the sides know the other has them, each believing it to be a sure sign that THEIR cause is the truly holy one. They are all, of course, wrong. Maybe.

~

Hello and welcome to Seraphic Warriors. In this game, you'll take control of a member of one of the three factions mentioned above. You'll play the role of a Seraph, a warrior with holy powers, and take the fight to the enemies of your faction.

I will be your GM, and SamtheDeathclaw will take on the role of co-GM.

(Which does not actually mean "just French," as half of the army that charged into Russia wasn't French. The non-French were mostly Prussians and Poles, Napoleon's former enemies.

Napoleon was a legend. A Corsican tactical genius who'd risen from a Second Lieutenant of an artillery brigade to the Emperor of France. Never you mind that he got there through backstabbing and a coup d'etat or two.
Napoleon's force of personality and tactics were pretty well undisputed, as his Grande Armee rolled over nation after nation, putting his family members in places of power. The French Empire wasn't that big in land area, but it was enormous in politics. Not to mention in military might. Some might question just how ethical a nation led by a warmonger who'd assumed power through a coup could be, and perhaps they were right. For sure, their Seraphs, while well-equipped and well-trained, were weaker in their holy powers than Seraphs of other factions.

In RP, a Napoleonic Seraph will have better weapons, horses, and access to better training (your weapons be weighted +1 on a PvP die roll, you'll get places faster than people of other nations, you can be proficient in more than one weapon.) However, due to their leader's treachery and moral ambiguity, your holy powers are not as developed, leading to weaker special abilities. (Your common powers will be weaker than Seraphs of other factions, though your standard angelic powers are the same. A Spiritual Angel also cannot be aligned with Napoleon.
Russia is a strange place, the largest nation on Earth. A tempting target for a man with plans of world domination, but the Russian have a superweapon no other nation could claim: the Russian winter. Napoleon may have begun his invasion in July, but no army could conquer Russia in less than three months. So they stall, and wait, engaging only when necessary.
Politically, Russia kind of started the war. Napoleon was making demands and they, being Russia, refused to capitulate.

In RP, a Russian Seraph is the jack of all trades. His weapons, horse, and equipment are all serviceable, and his powers are the standard. (If there is such a thing as "standard" when talking about holy powers endowed by a nebulous source.)
The Libero, as they mostly call themselves, are a lose group of rabble-rousers and intellectuals, who don't want to see either Napoleon or Russia take over the world. (AKA: Europe. All of these people are kind of self-centered.) They accept almost anyone who's willing to fight for their cause and at least follow important orders. They don't worry too much about people's past, though unnecessary collateral damage is a good way to die mysteriously. They're the "good guys," mostly to themselves and to the common people.

In RP, a Libero Seraph will have worse equipment than any of the other factions. (-1 on PvP rolls, slowest horse, only allowed one weapon proficiency.) However, due to the goodness of the leadership and ultimate mission of the Libero, their Seraphs are more powerful than others, with holy powers that put others' to shame.
Your character is a "Seraph." Not a real one, if any of you know what a Biblical Seraph is, but a group of people with seemingly holy powers who've taken the name.

Your character was granted these powers, without any fanfare, after an extremely good deed they committed, whether or not they'd lived a life of good or not. No one knows who grants these powers, though, given that it's 19th century Europe and the powers are obviously holy, it's assumed to be the Judeochristian god. Each character is allowed to have their own belief on where they're deriving their power, and non-Jewish, non-Christian characters are welcome.

Seraphs are regular humans, but also most definitely not regular humans. They're simultaneously holy and human. What this means to your character personally, is up to you.
However, one thing can't be denied: Seraphs are powerful, each in their own way. Seraphs are typically split into two common categories: Malakhim and Rav'Malakhim, though only theologists know much of the distinction.
Your character can be either Malakh or Rav'Malakh. Each has different Innate Powers, and Rav'Malakhim have more Innate Powers, but fewer Miracles. The Malakh is the opposite, with fewer Innate Powers, but access to more miracles.
And now I think we're due for an explanation of Miracles and Innate Powers. Innate Powers are abilities that all Seraphim in a given category have. They're typically passive abilities, though there are a few exceptions. Miracles are your bread and butter as a Seraph. They're your combat powers, your special abilities. If your Seraph's Innate Powers make them Seraphic, then your Miracles are what sets them apart from other Seraphs. (Game terms: You get all of the Innate Powers, but only a few of the Miracles.)

Malakh are more of front-line fighters, while Rav'Malakh might be likened to spellcasters. Malakh can have two Miracles, while Rav'Malakh can only have one.

Rav'Malakh were especially pious people who were blessed with powers in return either for a life of service, or an exceptionally good deed. (Both categories can be of any faith- Rav'Malakhim just have to have been pious.)
Malakh, on the other hand, are normal people, pious or not, who performed a holy deed that got them noticed by some sort of higher power. Whether or not this act was selfless doesn't matter: they performed a good deed and were rewarded.
Malakh are, at the most basic, stronger, faster, and better at fighting than normal humans. They can manifest wings or melee weapons.

-Enhanced Combat: A Malakhim rifleman will have their bullets guided by a holy force. A swordsman will find his blows just happening to strike in weak places. That sort of thing.

-Enhanced Durability: A Malakh can take way more punishment than a normal human could.

-Enhanced Strength: Malakhim can lift and move things than half a dozen men would have difficulty with.

-Weapon Manifestation: Malakhim can, with a thought, produce any weapon they're skilled with.

-Wing Manifestation: Malakhim can produce large, radiant wings. Just bog standard angel wings. They can glide, but not fly.

Rav'Malakhim can do a lot more than Malakhim without have to resort to Miracles, though they're a little less durable.

-Cosmic Awareness: A Rav'Malakhim can sense threats from anywhere. This is limited to, ?Someone, somewhere within X miles wants to kill me.? Given that most Rav'Malakhim are currently involved in a war, this is not their most useful power.

-Empathy: A Rav'Malakh can tell precisely what a human is feeling, though Seraphs and other superhumans are immune.

-Malleable Anatomy: Rav'Malakh can change their bodies, though not to the extent of full-on shapeshifting, and it is not instant.

-Flight: Rav'Malakhim always have their wings out- they're incapable of removing them, as Malakhim can. However, as a tradeoff, Rav'Malakhim wings are capable of flight, though it's rather difficult.

-Illusion Manipulation: Light where there is none, darkness in the sun. One of the Rav'Malakhim's more unnerving powers, they can change what people see, make themselves harder to notice, make them see things where there are none.
-Intangibility: For a short time, a Rav'Malakhim can turn intangible. Only other Seraphs can see them during this time, and then only as a faint outline. Can only be done twice a day before the Rav'Malakh tires.

-Possession: Weak-willed men and women can be possessed. The victim's eyes glow white, so this is not recommended for stealth. Lesser creatures can also be possessed, but pushing too hard will kill the creature.

-Limited Telekinesis: A Rav'Malakh can manipulate objects within ten yards of him, so long as he has a clear idea of what he's doing.

-Teleportation: A Rav'Malakh can teleport up to twenty-five miles, or to a place they know well within fifty miles. Arriving results in a large flash of bright light and a chant by a holy choir, so this is also not recommended for stealth.

Miracles are specific to each Seraphs. Malakhim have two, Rav'Malakhim have one.

-Banishment: Forbid a person from entering or going near a specific place, from one room to one small city.

-Dream Manipulation: Can enter and manipulate dreams of others, though can't harm them physically this way.

-Elemental Mimicry: Turn yourself into a being made of a specific classical element. Fire, Water, Earth, Wind.

-Light Manipulation: Blind others, light dark places, darken light places.

-Fire Manipulation: Fire Bending in 19th Century Russia? Sign me up!

-Healing: Heal anything from otherwise fatal wounds down to papercuts. Handy!

-Holy Water Manipulation: Control purified water, Waterbender style.. As a secondary power, you also gain the ability to purify water, though it takes a short ritual.

-Holy Wind Manipulation: Purify an area of evil through winds. Speak to others through the wind. Call the wind down to blow away your opponents and/or friends.

-Holy Earth Manipulation: Earthbending, only HOLIER. As with the above Water Manipulation, you gain the ability to consecrate earth, and then use it to kill people.

-Invisibility: Turn completely invisible for a short period. People will still know when you open doors, and you still leave footprints.

-Possession: Same as the Innate Ability of Rav'Malachim, just on offer for Malakhim.

-Purification: Can purify earth, wind or water, though this power doesn't grant the ability to manipulate these elements.

-Salvation: Restore those with broken minds and souls. The more spiritual and mental side of healing.

-Telepathy: Read human minds, though some can instinctively resist, and send messages.

-Weather Manipulation: Can clear skies of clouds, or call in a fierce snowstorm to freeze your enemies. Affects a ten-mile radius.

Name:
Sex:
Height and Weight:
Physical Description: Pictures are fine, but give us some words to go along with it.
Personality: OPTIONAL
Faction:
Equipment: Guns are ubiquitous, but officers and cavalrymen still carry swords.
Bio:
Type of Angel: Malakh or Rav'Malakh
Miracles:

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
can we pick an element or just the ones listed on the page? I have an idea but requires an element not listed

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
can we pick an element or just the ones listed on the page? I have an idea but requires an element not listed
Thank god some interest :p

Umm... I'd prefer you PM it first, but I think we can maybe make something work.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Well, I'm kind of late to the party. I assure you, I can make up some perfectly good reasons if you want!

Anyways, I'm co-GM. Over the weekend, we'll probably be refining the OP a bit, so if you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or send them to either Rudeyn or me, and we'll get them cleared up for you.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I have a sheet started, should have it up tomorrow, soon as I figure so back ground stuff out

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Question: Are we in charge of armies, or are we simple soldiers? I could see the "best" faction depending on this.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
I'm interested, but much remains unclear. I suppose for RP purposes I can detail myself how I'm treated by my peers as a Seraph and how the gaining of these powers changed me, as well as how my Angel manifests. However, the powers remain relatively unexplained. What defines a common power vs. a standard power? Any chance we can rename those since they're rather similar in meaning?

Similarly, how does equipment and movement speed play into the RP? What's the game's mechanics? Do we play on a map to make use of our horsies? How does PvP and equipment work? How are angelic powers balanced?

Since I'm mainly interested in joining as a member of The Libero, how is their organization set up? What would be a good starting point for a Seraph of that faction? What would a hideout of theirs (if they have any) look like? Could I join as a celebrated military leader who inspires her troops to heroic deeds?

Basically I just want more details to cement my interest. I'm sure it would also capture others yet unheard from.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Hey, I remember this one with the English civil war (Cromwell FTW). Am I wrong?

Anyway, what's a common power and a standard power and what's the difference? You should make a listing of the available powers.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Hey, I remember this one with the English civil war (Cromwell FTW). Am I wrong?

Anyway, what's a common power and a standard power and what's the difference? You should make a listing of the available powers.
Yep, it was.

That's one of the things I'll be working on getting up over the weekend. The names will be changed, but basically, a "standard" power is one that all physical (or spiritual, though both categories have a different list) angels have, such as enhanced strength and toughness. "Common" powers are special powers that only some angels. These are the powers you choose from.
I'll probably be busy most of the day, but within the next 24 hours, I should have the list of powers and short explanations up.

Higurashi said:
I'm interested, but much remains unclear. I suppose for RP purposes I can detail myself how I'm treated by my peers as a Seraph and how the gaining of these powers changed me, as well as how my Angel manifests. However, the powers remain relatively unexplained. What defines a common power vs. a standard power? Any chance we can rename those since they're rather similar in meaning?

Similarly, how does equipment and movement speed play into the RP? What's the game's mechanics? Do we play on a map to make use of our horsies? How does PvP and equipment work? How are angelic powers balanced?

Since I'm mainly interested in joining as a member of The Libero, how is their organization set up? What would be a good starting point for a Seraph of that faction? What would a hideout of theirs (if they have any) look like? Could I join as a celebrated military leader who inspires her troops to heroic deeds?

Basically I just want more details to cement my interest. I'm sure it would also capture others yet unheard from.
Sadly, most of the answers to these questions are "It was a rough draft that was posted before it was really ready."

But, from the top:
My impression from my talks with Ruedyn were that Seraphs are treated rather well, sort of like a special agent or such.
How your powers change you is totally up to you. Some people show no signs whatsoever of being Seraphs, until they grow wings. Then, you have people who have the whole thing, halo, wings all the time, a vague shiny aura, the works. Mentally, it kind of depends on the type of angel you choose. A Spiritual Angel is less connected to normal humanity, as it were, so there's bound to be more mental angst for a recently-transformed Spiritual angel as his or her mind switched all around.

I have to go now, but I'll answer the rest of your questions, as well as DrM's, on my return. My apologies for not being able to do it all in one go.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Higurashi said:

As for the powers, I'm going to be working on drawing up a list of them tonight. A common power, as stated in my response to IronRuler, is a power that you choose to your character to have, while all Seraphs in a category (Physical Angel or Spiritual Angel) have. And I will (hopefully) be coming up with better names, yes. Those weren't supposed to be the final names, since they're mostly just referencing the listing on the Powers Wiki.

That was a mechanic that will probably be scrapped. If we ultimately decide that we do want to keep the balance system, I'll explain it in more detail. I've decided it was too fiddly for this sort of rp, and need to talk to Ruedyn about removing it.
However, powers will be balanced basically through GM intervention. If someone is attempting to break the game with their powers, we'll step in and give them some psychic backlash, or take away their powers for a in-game duration, or some such. They'll pretty much be balanced on an enforced trust system. Which makes no sense, but is the closest explanation I can think of!

On the Libero: They're more of a loose group of people with a common goal than a real "faction." They have a leader, however, who very few of the members actually meet, but everyone knows of. A Libero Seraph wouldn't have met him, only through proxies.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an entry point. Location-wise? On either side of the battle-lines would be fine. All of the action will take place in Russia, though, so it should most likely be somewhere near the western border of Russia.
As for Libero hideouts, most of the ones in Russia rely on the size of the Russian countryside. (They're all recently constructed, as the Libero has only been concerned with Russia in the last few months.)
Think walled communes crossed with a border town, with more guns. The walls would be made out of cut trees, while the buildings would be built out of cut planks. They're rough places, with very few amenities, even for 19th century Russia. There would be a low-slung barracks, with the sleeping area dug partway into the ground, a corral for dairy cattle, a small stable for horses, with a carriage or wagon likely sitting outside the walls, and a small administration building. Meals are taken in the barracks, and every other day a hunting party goes out. Their success rate is about 50%.

In cities, things are much more civilized. There aren't many in Russia yet, but the Libero is working on obtaining more. Most cities in western Russia have an unmodified house they can lay low for a day or two, but they aren't precisely secure, and mostly serve as a A city hideout is normally a townhouse that a Libero operative has bought or otherwise obtained from the previous owner. These buildings, when well-established, have secret entrances and exits, secret rooms, the works. However, in Russia, there's little in that sort of thing. For the most part, they're unmodified townhouses, and the Libero has to be very careful not to have too many people showing up at a particular hideout, lest they cause suspicion. A caretaker, sometimes the operative who obtained the building, but not always, is left in charge of the building, and often puts up a front of running a sort of boarding house. They're not secure enough for major operations, so they normally just serve as a waystation on the way to one of the compounds in the wilderness.

I lost power while writing and editing this, and I'm not sure which version was recovered. So if there's something that seems off or is missing words, that's probably why.

drmigit2 said:
Question: Are we in charge of armies, or are we simple soldiers? I could see the "best" faction depending on this.
Think special operative, though it really depends on your powers. But you won't be commanding armies, regardless. Groups of soldiers, maybe, depending on the Seraph and the mission, but not armies.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I too express interest and await the list of powers! Already working on a mean-spirited character.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Due to real-life shenanigans, an OP overhaul will probably not happen this weekend. I've started work on the powers list, and it should be up by tonight, however.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Alright, powers list is up.
Standard powers are now known as Innate Powers, while Common powers are now Miracles.

Edit: Oh, and if you have a power in mind that's not on the list, feel free to pm it to Ruedyn or I, and we'll see if we can work anything out.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Here's a character that should prove good fun to knock down! I hope I didn't make him too godmoddy; I don't intend to "win" or anything.

Name: Adrien "Cindre" LaCelle

Sex: Male

Height and Weight: 5 ft 11 in

Physical Description: His gold-blond hair sets the frame of his angelic face with radiant beauty. LaCelle prefers to dress as elegantly as possible (with a preference for crimson and gold palettes) to minimize any risk that observers would fail to recognize his splendor. In addition, he inherited from his later peers the finest taste in accoutrements (or at least the most expensive): he wears as much jewelry on his uniform as permissible, has a fresh suit pressed at least twice a day, and has a trio of servants ready to groom him out of battle.

Personality: Arrogant and extremely narcissistic, yet highly ambitious and talented in war, LaCelle believes himself superior even to Napoleon, though he knows better than to confess so publicly (until he can usurp power with little trouble). Where he has ambition and talent, however, LaCelle possesses an equal amount of boldness and overconfidence. He views his blessings as a right rather than a privilege and places himself on a pedestal beside God almighty, and perhaps even a little higher than that.

Faction: La Grande Armee

Equipment: LaCelle carries an elegant sabre which, though he seldom needs to, he imbues with scorching heat in times of battle to sear foes. Much of his finery is worn in the interest of vanity, and a constant supply of spare outfits is often at hand after his more "heated" engagements.

Bio: Much of LaCelle's early life was filled with the doting of his proud parents. He was raised in an upstanding household replete with manservants, went to a high-class private school, and at the age of 17 enrolled in the the Academie Pretentieux where he began learning the trade of the military. Many of his teachers saw promise in the young initiate, and would have admitted to the likelihood that he would someday become a feared general at Napoleon's side were it not for his selfish motives. At the age of twenty-four, and despite having had no prior combat experience, LaCelle advanced to the rank of Captaine in the standing army and was stationed in some backwater town in the countryside.

On one of his company's rare leisure trips, LaCelle took several of his high-strung comrades for a night of entertainment in the town. It was in one of the quaint burlesque clubs that LaCelle publicly confessed his boredom and began assaulting one of the locals. His superior combat training put him at little risk, and the escapade ended with the brutal beating of several inebriated farmhands who had, it was later revealed in the local paper, earlier raped one of the young waitresses at a popular restaurant. LaCelle, still smiling and rinsing the crimson mess from his knuckles in a private washroom, was suddenly blessed with the powers of a Malakhim Seraph. The water boiled and steamed with almost as much excitement as LaCelle's enraptured blood. The morning breeze carried off the remains of the establishment.

Happily coinciding with the birth of these new abilities was the call of his company to the frontlines of battle. In the first hour of combat, Celle single-handedly routed a small battalion of Russian soldiers. His comrades, though they were short-lived as the battle wore on, bore witness to his frenetic powers. They related to their disbelieving friends of how LaCelle immolated a score of russian cannoneers with a spear of molten iron. In short order, LaCelle ascended in the ranks of the Grande Armee, and now hopes to solidify his ambitions in the rising tides of war.

Type of Angel: Malakh

Miracles: Elemental Mimicry (fire) and Fire Manipulation; LaCelle's body possesses the amorphous and flamboyant qualities of fire, and he possesses the ability to control the raging flames about him. He prefers to use fire in battle, and to great effect.

Edit: Totally decked my character out in superfluous backstory blabla etc.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
Name: Ayla (surname unknown)

Sex: Female

Height and Weight: 175 cm (5'9), 60kg (132 lbs)

Physical Description: Stands tall, good posture, appears strong. Dark amber eyes, nigh black reddish brown hair with gradients of ashen color especially visible shifting in sunlight. Ethereal wings appear very realistically feathered like their physical counterpart, but remain transparent. Range of opacity depends on lighting. The many nuances of the feathers shift color depending on angle and lighting, ranging from almost black in low light, grey in moderate light and white in good lighting. When sunshine hits directly, they shine silver like morning dew.

Personality: Contemplates a lot, chooses her few words carefully. Determined, leads mostly by example. Introvert and not very animated, but not unknown to display happiness or a warm smile. Not cruel, but can be brutal.

Faction: Libero Adstringo

Equipment: 1777 Charleville Dragoon Musket with bayonet. It has brass furniture and unnecessary elaborate designs typical for a pompous Dragoon officer of large ego. French flintlock pistol and steel sabre.

Bio: As a young refuge of war, oppression and persecution, Ayla fled from Turkey with her husband and son knowing only that going North would place them somewhere better. Finding help by serving a catholic church in Estonia, she lived a calm life, yet would at times feel like there was more to her purpose in life.

A few years later, the village in which they lived came under occupation by French deserters and mercenary folk. For months they lived off the village's resources and killed any man who dared speak up when they took their wives and daughters to do as they please with. One night, a drunken, French ex-Dragoon officer made the mistake of breaking into the monastery looking for women. When he found Ayla in the dormitories, her screams awoke her husband who rushed to her aid. The resulting brawl ended with the two men dead and Ayla covered in the Frenchman's blood, clutching his sabre in a vice grip. A fire had broken out, and as the whole village burned down, Ayla fled with her young son into the nearby woods, taking the officer's weapons with her.

They would have gotten lost in the dense darkness if it wasn't for the fact that Ayla's body had begun emanating a soft glow. Neither she nor her son noticed at the time of fleeing, but after the ordeal was over they also noticed the glowing wings beginning to form on her back.

Now we find her joined with Libero Adstringo, opposed to the men of War no matter their allegiances, her son saving her from becoming consumed by hatred. He lives with her "uncle", an elderly Polish gentleman who in secret is a veteran member of Libero Adstringo.
Her powers tend to grow in bursts, which causes problems and forces her to spend time learning to control them. She can control her current powers well and especially enjoys gently flying and illuminating the morning during dark seasons.

Type of Angel: Rav'Malakh

Miracles: Light Manipulation

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Huh. Could have sworn this thing was dead.

Malbourne said:
Here's a character that should prove good fun to knock down! I hope I didn't make him too godmoddy; I don't intend to "win" or anything.

snips
Exactly the sort of person I envisioned in Le Grande Armee. It's a little short, but it says everything it needs to.

Higurashi said:
snip
I like it. I haven't discussed it with Ruedyn yet, but I'm sure he won't have any problems with it either.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Name: Lord Zabekiel Calaborn IV
Sex: Male
Height and Weight: Six Feet and Two Inches, 185 pounds
Physical Description: A large and imposing figure, Zabekiel as he likes to be called, comes to battle dressed like an officer, to be quaint. He has the ceremonial blue hat, the full navy blue uniform, the saber and all that comes with it. He wears his Seraph status with pride, doing very little to hide it. Zabekiel's gun is more of a cannon really with how he uses his light magic. It only has a few shots before he gets tired of it, but those few shots can very well turn the tide of a battle. His gun is a gigantic blunderbuss with a wide open barrel that shoots out pure light energy. He wields it with one hand. Zabekiel is of a stark white complexion with pale blue eyes and flowing white hair. He seems almost the sort to be mistaken for an angel.
Personality: Pompous, full of himself, and devious, Zabekiel will only settle for being the emperor of Europe. Damned be Napoleon and his generals, Zabekiel has the power to rise above all of them, and he knows it. He is a moral man under most circumstances, kind to those who he needs to be kind to, but he is entirely ruthless to his enemies, and if one becomes an enemy, any past affections will go down the drain. He is a manipulative and cruel man, who might just need a hug, but really would prefer you just sign up with his army. He hates getting his hands dirty, but will if he has to.
Faction: L'Grand Armee
Equipment: Zabekiel hates hand to hand combat. While he can use his saber and is effective with it, he is much more suited to a support role, using his powers to turn the tide of a battle.
Bio: To be made later
Type of Angel: Malakh
Miracles:

Gravity: All despair who face Zabekiel, for he is a cruel and unrelenting man with tricks a-plenty to abuse. Zabekiel has trained for years perfecting every bit of this art and he can use it in precise movements to even mess with individual molecules. Zabekiel can increase or decrease the gravity of something from zero G, to 20X earth's gravity on a group of people. (By the way, air goes straight into space at Zero G, floating is the least of your concerns.) On average, when Zabekiel uses his power on a group of people, the radius is 20-30 feet, this circle can move all he wants, but if you aren't injured by it, once the gravity change is gone, you are back to normal like nothing happened. His ability to mess with gravity increases exponentially when dealing with singular objects, such as a cannon or stray bullet that managed to go his way. With small things, he can reverse gravity on them and send them flying upwards for a while, in such a way that it would miss him. Other than that, when dealing with individuals, Zabekiel's control of gravity could gradually reach 100 G if he was so inclined, but you would be dead by 75.

Telepathy: Because Zabekiel likes to hang in the back and mess with gravity, he uses Telepathy to communicate with officers on the ground and move people back and forth. It also gives him the wonderful ability to communicate silently with someone if needed.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
drmigit2 said:
nope
Rejected, for two reasons:
-Grande Armee is weaker (than other factions) with Miracles.
-Malakh are also weaker (than Rav'Malakh) with Miracles.

So, just like that, your character is doubly weak with Miracles. (But a horror in regular combat) Gravity manipulation on a scale similar to damage you can do with other powers: great! Blatantly OP Gravity manipulation: No. (And even a Rav'Malakh working with the Libero wouldn't be able to do what you're trying. Get a little closer, maybe. But nowhere in the "instagib anyone in a 20-30 foot circle" range.)

"However, due to their leader's treachery and moral ambiguity, your holy powers are not as developed, leading to weaker special abilities."- Factions->Grande Armee

"Malakh are more of front-line fighters..."- Powers->Explanation of Categories.

When you make a sheet based around something you know is absolutely unacceptable, I just get annoyed. Barring intervention from Ruedyn or major rewriting on your part, your character is rejected.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
SamtheDeathclaw said:
drmigit2 said:
nope
Rejected, for two reasons:
-Grande Armee is weaker (than other factions) with Miracles.
-Malakh are also weaker (than Rav'Malakh) with Miracles.

So, just like that, your character is doubly weak with Miracles. (But a horror in regular combat) Gravity manipulation on a scale similar to damage you can do with other powers: great! Blatantly OP Gravity manipulation: No. (And even a Rav'Malakh working with the Libero wouldn't be able to do what you're trying. Get a little closer, maybe. But nowhere in the "instagib anyone in a 20-30 foot circle" range.)

"However, due to their leader's treachery and moral ambiguity, your holy powers are not as developed, leading to weaker special abilities."- Factions->Grande Armee

"Malakh are more of front-line fighters..."- Powers->Explanation of Categories.

When you make a sheet based around something you know is absolutely unacceptable, I just get annoyed. Barring intervention from Ruedyn or major rewriting on your part, your character is rejected.
I am not sure you grasp the core concepts of gravity manipulation, but it is OP by definition. Changing gravity by the smallest amount could cause a storm in an area, largely removing it could remove all air from a person's surroundings and that's just the basic stuff. I also don't really understand why you would try to make the frontline people weaker at miracles, but then proceed to give them more with the idea that this wouldn't just cause a lot of dissonance. There is very little reason NOT to be a spiritual angel if you can fly at will and everyone else has gibbed powers and are only good in close quarters, which a good mage should never really have to encounter.

EDIT: It is also worth noting that the only limitation to gravity manipulation listed in the power description was that I can't make black holes wit hit. His current powers are more than a far cry away from that.