Series that you were glad to see end

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
JWAN said:
megapenguinx said:
Sonic, Halo, Final Fantasy, and I really do wish they'd finish Half Life before it becomes a Quadrille (or whatever it is)
re-read the topic

and half life 3 needs to come out, they are going to have Aperture Science in the 3rd.
Wow I think a lot of people messed up on that one, and read it as Series You Wish Would End.
In other news the series I was most sad to see end, because Clover closed down, Viewtiful Joe. I want to know how it ends!!!

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
I'm glad the guys who produced the Jak and Daxter games seem to have called it quits on the series. Don't get me wrong, I think they're some of the best platformers/action games in a long time, but I'm happy with the quality of the first three games and think they'll most likely just tarnish the name if they continue.

Blank Verse

Nov 17, 2008
Pirates of the Carribean.

It failed after the first movie.

In the case of games, I'd like to see Call of Duty end.

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
Ended:

- Metal Gear Solid (The first game was the only game)
- Crash Bandicoot (Died the day they released CTR)
- Kingdom Hearts (Great game....but I'm glad the series won't be beaten to death because of fanboys *cough* Final Fantasy *cough*

Should End:

- Halo (I don't get the animosity towards this game. Yahtzee's great but his opinion isn't everything)
- Mario (It needs to stop...)
- Sonic (See above)
- All platform fighting games, eg. Tekken (Cmon, try making a new, different series)

And that's it. *Raises fanboy blast-shield*

imPacT31

Mar 19, 2008
Jack and Daxter - Despite the last "proper", game, obviously discounting kart racers, having had a pretty conclusive ending they clearly meant for a sequel. Its a pity that Uncharted has removed essentially any chance we'll see them again.

BLACK: Can a single game be a series?
Considering the unbelievable lack of closure provided by the ending I simply couldn't believe Criterion decided not to make a sequel.

Vires Vox

Oct 16, 2008
cartooner2008 said:
Baonec said:
cartooner2008 said:
Baonec said:
seerbrum said:
Crash bandicoot.... need I say more.
Not over yet, though I don't count anything that isn't on the ps1.
In my honest opinion, the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games that came out after the PS1 sucked big time.
I agree totally the crash series showed signs of death after they made crash bash and spyro failed to be a game after 3.
In fact, I'm almost going as far as to say that the 3D Sonic games are better than the post-PS1 Crash and Spyro games.
Sadly its true, the developers of Crash and Spyro (Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games respectively)moved onto bigger and better things, namely Jak and Ratchet and Clank, those developers knew when the series needed to end why didn't anyone else?

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
A series that I would like to see ended is Halo, Crysis, Far Cry and Grand Theft Auto (GTA is starting to get a bit repetitive).

But the series that I nearly did back flips when it ended was Need for Speed, unfortunately they made a new one.

dragoon47

Jan 22, 2009
Oh comon now, overrated? They INVENTED 3PS and real tactical shooters for god sakes. People like you seem to just hate it because it's popular. An overrated game is WoW. Sure it's popular, but the fact remains that it doesn't evolve and doesn't keep players in for the right reasons. Gears on the other hand does.

Besides, they WILL make 2 more, just not as of now. They're waiting for the next generation.
I would regard SOCOM as the first great 3rd person tactical shooter, despite how others play the game wouldn't you think? I'm just wondering if SOCOM is forgotten already. I personally liked it, warts and all. I wonder if it will end eventually also?

What do you guys think? Will SOCOM ever end? Or will it be the consoles online selling point for years to come? I think it will end soon, mainly because Zipper isn't doing the series anymore and they're working on that MAG game...not like they made it perfect either.

dr_scitt

Jan 10, 2009
AboveUp said:
PirateKing said:
Well, I guess MGS. It ended itself pretty well.
Sure it really did end?
I remember MGS2 was supposed to be the final game, or at least the final one with Snake in it. Then they went ahead and made MGS3, said the MGS games had 3 main themes, we've done all 3 now, so it's over. Done Finished.................... ohbtwwestartedworkingonmgs4.
MGS2 blatently ended with a setup to another game. MGS4 tied up pretty much all the plot holes from the previous games so I can't see another one coming..

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
I might be the only person to say this here, but GEARS OF WAR. I have never played it myself...

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
DalekJaas said:
I might be the only person to say this here, but GEARS OF WAR. I have never played it myself...
Gears of War hasn't ended yet, it's almost certain a third game will be coming. Also, if you never played it, why would you be glad if it ended?

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Antiparticle said:
DalekJaas said:
Gears of War hasn't ended yet, it's almost certain a third game will be coming. Also, if you never played it, why would you be glad if it ended?
Oh sorry I misread the title, I thought it was 'series you would like to see end'. Disregard all comments

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Well, gee, I was glad to see Wing Commander end because it was well executed, and the series basically stopped at Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom.

It was stopped before it got terrible. I still think III is the best game of the series, but IV is still decent and playable (not something you hear most of the time.)

Most games that ended I tend to want more of, but for some reason, I think that it was wrapped up well and I could just play the other ones again if I wanted to.

(Wing Commander Prophecy was supposed to bring in another trilogy and never did, so I still consider IV the end of the series. I mean, you weren't Blair, it was 10 years later, etc, etc...)

Can't think of much else.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Why is everyone saying Need For Speed? I thought they were making another one.