Series where you only watched 1 season

Ross Tuddin

Sep 6, 2011
Game of Thrones. But having read the books it may not count as i know what happens

Boardwalk Empire - the premise was interesting but I really wasn't into it. The only reason I bought it in the first place was that JB Hifi was having a sale of HBO series when GOT season 1 came out.

Lost -It never really had me

Legend of the Seeker. I just never bothered with season 2 It just reminded me of a newer version of Hercules and Xena

speaking of which Hercules and Xena. When I was younger I watched episodes when i could but last year when i tried to watch them again. I always seemed to find something else to do.

Dragon Ball Z. I recently watched the original Dragon Ball series but when I went onto the start of the DBZ series, Oh the unnessassary draging out of the show. I had to stop before Nappa and Vegeta get to Earth. DBZ abridged may have also killed it for me being really funny and considerably condensed. I have also read the manga upto the Androids anyway.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Winterbird said:
It had as good an ending as ambiguous endings go though. And at least it's not entirely forgotten:

From the mini-series, episode one, time index 14:44

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic. Season 1 is great, but you should stop watching after the second episode of the second season.

I gave up on new episodes of the show three quarters of the way through the second season and haven't seen the third at all. Considering how much the Equestria Daily IRC dried up since season 3, it's probably a good thing I haven't seen it.

Phototoxin

Mar 11, 2009
Grays Anatomy. Feministic emo drivel. House would own her ass any day.

Boomtown... series 2 doesn't exist.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Firefly.
OH GOD. Fuckin' Fox.

Apart from that, not really anything. I tend to make sure I know I'm going to like something before starting watching it.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
After being hounded by my room mate, I watched the first season of Scrubs. After watching it, not laughing once, I wanted to blow my head off. Especially when he told me it has survived past two seasons.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
Walking Dead.

*hides behind anti-fanboy shield*

...can I come out? Is it safe?

I liked the first.. half? 2 thirds? of the first season, but when the show introduced the whole 'best friend is sleeping with wife' plot I just lost interest. I'm watching a zombie show, I don't want some bold&beautiful-style melodrama jammed between the survival horror >.>

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Ninjafire72 said:
Walking Dead.

*hides behind anti-fanboy shield*

...can I come out? Is it safe?

I liked the first.. half? 2 thirds? of the first season, but when the show introduced the whole 'best friend is sleeping with wife' plot I just lost interest. I'm watching a zombie show, I don't want some bold&beautiful-style melodrama jammed between the survival horror >.>
Room behind that shield for one more?
I managed to get through the whole first season, but by the time season 2 came about I just wanted to punch everyone (except maybe Rick and Daryl). I don't know why but everyone else just turned into an irritating **** from the first episode of S2 so I just gave up from there.

Super Kami Guru

Aug 10, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
I only finished the first season of Primeval. I liked the show, but when they killed off the lead, it felt like a lot of the direction was lost, and I stopped watching.

I could mention shows like Firefly and Terra Nova, but I don't think they count since they only got one season.
Cutter dies near the start of series 3 not at the end of series 1, but it was nowhere near as epic as Steven's death, or "Action Steve" as I called him, seriously the guy's so awesome it takes dozens of the most dangerous animals ever to take him down! :p

Terra Nova was complete dog shit, a bunch of bland characters and very VERY occasionally dinosaurs show up, even the Spinosaurus was on screen for about 5 seconds -_- If it did get a second series I won't be watching.

I think we can technically add Jericho to the list, since it only got a few episodes of the second series.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Well I've been watching some older TV shows and so far I've only watched Season 1 of Babylon 5. The guy who replaced Sinclair is so whiny I couldn't stand him after 2 episodes and stopped watching and moved one to other things. I'll go back eventually, I wonder how far I'll get then.

b.w.irenicus

Apr 16, 2013
Yeah Walkind Dead S2 had lost me as well, but my wife kept on watching. Luckily for me, because so I got to see season 3, witch was much better in my book. Others than that:
Heroes: It started off really cool, but somehow I just lost interest over the first season and didn't even finish it.
Breaking Bad: Yeah I know everyone loves it and I can kinda see why, but I just never really enjoyed the show that much.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Battlestar Galactica

I thought the first season was excellent, and the second season killed my interest within six episodes. The character conflicts started to become tiresome and overdone - I didn't like any of these people - and the Cylons went from being a convincing threat to an impotent plot device that only showed up when it was convenient. They couldn't shoot straight (at least not if they were aiming at anyone remotely important), they were inexplicably absent when half the fleet went wandering off unprotected on the whim of a religious lunatic*, and they clearly took the day off when Starbuck decided to chill out and listen to some music on a world supposedly occupied by genocidal death machines.

*A religious lunatic who would be proven right every time - because the Gods were on her side, or at least the script writers were - and anyone who had the audacity to doubt her was portrayed as some kind of paranoid fascist asshole.

wfieldb

Mar 25, 2011
Shanicus said:
24, Lost, Supernatural, Walking Dead (got halfway through season 2 and went 'fuck it') and Heroes (though I didn't even get halfway through Season 1).

Supernatural is probably the only one that still interests me, but the whole 'Billion seasons' thing means I can't just pick it up from TV anymore, I have to buy the DVDs and I just can't be fucked spending that money (none of my friends have it either, so... damn).
The whole series up till this last season (or the season before) is on Netflix, so you could sign up for the free month and catch up for free! That's assuming they still do the free month thing...

OT: I can't remember any shows I've just stopped watching after the first season because I've lost interest, I usually just get super busy and then have to catch up later.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Walking Dead

I liked it up untill that sherrif guy got reunited with his family. After that it became corny as all hell. The final episode being the clincher. A female computer voice...? Really?!!! Now I don't mind a bit of corniness (or female computer voices), but I thought this was supposed to be a grounded setting, not comicbook land.

It also didn't help that I played The Walking Dead videogame prior, which is a hunderd times better in terms of character and writing.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
How many seasons did Christopher Eccelston play The Doctor? It was just one, wasn't it? Sure, I've watched an episode with Tennant and several of Smith's but Eccelston was the only Doctor I really watched. It isn't a lack of interest it's just...other things came up like my budding interest in Star Trek: Next Generation and the various shitty movies on Netflix.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Walking dead...i actually got 2 episodes into the second season and then splat, it got boring and i walked away unsuprised but saddened by what it could have been. I've tried to get back into it again recently but nah, it had it's chance and it blew it for good.