Serious Sam 3 Trailer: Here's Fist In Your Eye

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
I'd love to get it on PS3. Well, probably I'll get it on PC first, since they'll delay console versions.
It's almost annoying how SS games are the only thing that makes me still play on PC. Release a PS3 port and let me be done with PC gaming already.
Well, except for Quake. I'll never stop playing original Quake.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
josemlopes said:
The guns need to kick more punch, and I dont mind the ironsight but I hope that I can still use strafe and jump as my main tactics.

The colors do bother me. The space scene is colorfull but then the rest is mostly grey, not even brown/orange like the first game (its in Egypt so it makes sence to have those colors).
it's basically the same color scheme from the Serious Sam: First Encounter

a little darker due to the city buildings

but I get the feeling this will be more like Second Encounter, and take the player through various, very different locations

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Fuck. Yes. Just been playing through the first two parts on the Steam release after their sale the other week and LOVED it as a shift from all the cover and shit in most FPS game, and watching that trailer just made me want more!

That said, I'm kinda getting a bit bored in Second Encounter - it just doesn't seem to have the same flow as the first, though maybe I'm just getting better at predicting ganking points? Or maybe it's the stress from uni work.

Subject of which, what the fuck am I doing procrastinating on a forum (even if it is about serious sam...) - I've got a submission tomorrow and my PC just crashed!!

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
teh_Canape said:
josemlopes said:
The guns need to kick more punch, and I dont mind the ironsight but I hope that I can still use strafe and jump as my main tactics.

The colors do bother me. The space scene is colorfull but then the rest is mostly grey, not even brown/orange like the first game (its in Egypt so it makes sence to have those colors).

but I get the feeling this will be more like Second Encounter, and take the player through various, very different locations
Yeah, on some small segments it is possible to see the blue sky and the yellow sand. The city is still extremely brown, it looks like Stalker lol.

Im hoping that variety will be the key to this game, lots of enemies, lots of guns and lots of situations to fight lots of enemies with lots of guns.

LOTS!!!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
josemlopes said:
teh_Canape said:
josemlopes said:

Yeah, on some small segments it is possible to see the blue sky and the yellow sand. The city is still extremely brown, it looks like Stalker lol.

Im hoping that variety will be the key to this game, lots of enemies, lots of guns and lots of situations to fight lots of enemies with lots of guns.

LOTS!!!
yeah, if I remember correctly, First Encounter started by being teleported to Egypt, and this is a prequel

so, who knows =P

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I grew up with Serious Sam rather than Duke Nukem (partly thanks to some oblivious parents) and I do co-op with the First Encounter all the time. I'm liking the addition of more gore a melee weapon.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
bahumat42 said:
bombadilillo said:
BTW ign article had more info. 16 player coop anyone?

co op?
not death match.

If thats true linky me now, i want some of that action!
Theres deathmatch, but also 16 player coop. With vs coop, coin op (whqatever that is) and coop classic (scaling baddie amounts). For 16 people that would be INSANE. SS are already natorious for insane amounts of enemies.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
bombadilillo said:
bahumat42 said:
bombadilillo said:
BTW ign article had more info. 16 player coop anyone?

co op?
not death match.

If thats true linky me now, i want some of that action!
Theres deathmatch, but also 16 player coop. With vs coop, coin op (whqatever that is) and coop classic (scaling baddie amounts). For 16 people that would be INSANE. SS are already natorious for insane amounts of enemies.
'Coin Op' mode is an idea taken from all the DLC around nowadays, they take your credit card number and debit you 25 cents each time you die, giving you the real old school feel of the arcade!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm not completely sold on the new ultra-realistic look, but the trailer had enough Serious Sam in it to make me want more. Serious Sam all the way!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
teh_Canape said:
"no cover, all man"

I see what they did there
anyone see this becoming more and more popular? Space marine: "cover is for pussies" bulletstorm: encouraged you to be out in the middle of everything being a badass, and duke nukem forever: it's duke nukem. We damn well know he ain't for hiding when there's aliens to shoot.

Zhukov said:
Gotta say though, those environments looked awfully brown and grey.
yeah, that didn't look all that "Serious Sam" to me, like the iron sight thing

but then again, this IS Serious Sam, it will probably take you to space and shit =P[/quote]I think the environments didn't stray too far into grey territory. As for the iron sights, it's almost mocking cod. I think of that as Sam saying "look, this is how a real man uses iron sights YEEEEHAAA"

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Doclector said:
teh_Canape said:
"no cover, all man"

I see what they did there
anyone see this becoming more and more popular? Space marine: "cover is for pussies" bulletstorm: encouraged you to be out in the middle of everything being a badass, and duke nukem forever: it's duke nukem. We damn well know he ain't for hiding when there's aliens to shoot.

Zhukov said:
yeah, that didn't look all that "Serious Sam" to me, like the iron sight thing

but then again, this IS Serious Sam, it will probably take you to space and shit =P
I think the environments didn't stray too far into grey territory. As for the iron sights, it's almost mocking cod. I think of that as Sam saying "look, this is how a real man uses iron sights YEEEEHAAA"[/quote]

apparently, this is the year of badass

though I'm afraid I have to call out Bulletstorm, "encouraging" you to go out and fight, then forcing you to take cover until you're healed to go again

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
I got the SS1 and SS2 on Steam Recently Cheap.. all updated with HD Goodness..

Fun - Like modern shooters can't be.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
Zhukov said:
Well, this will certainly please fans of old-school run and gun shooters.

I don't consider myself one such, but I may check it out anyway.

A lot of the original Sam was in desert locations, so it's not worlds apart. It wasn't until the Second Encounter that it truly embraced color.

Some good splashes of color and the enemies seem to stick out against the backgrounds well.I was a bit worried from the earliest screenshots and so long as the lion's share of the game isn't set in Egypt, I think this could be a pretty good melding of the original game and today's graphics.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Looks like I forgot about this game for some reason. Well, looks like I'll actually have a reason to buy a game on release for the first time in a while. I absolutely loved the first two games and their HD remakes, it's uncommon to find a fast paced kickass game with a lone man and his gun versus a mountain of enemies in this day and age. I just wonder if they'll budget price it like the first one. I'm thinking no, but (IIRC) $30 for the original was way more awesome for the buck than it should've been.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Sorry but,

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
CANNOT WAIT!

Sorry about my fanboynessness...

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
Wow... Nostalgia. My computer is crap (sorry Lappy, but you know you aren't a gaming computer) so I will probably give this a pass, but I now have the urge to go find a copy of second encounter.