Serious Topic: Swat Team Kills Man's Dogs in Front of Children

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008

So what do you think about this? Personally, and maybe it's because I'm just a sick person, I felt like the guy in the video deserved it. I mean, they came in and told him what to do and he started getting sarcastic and not cooperating. Obviously they had a reason to come into his house and if he would have just listened to what they were telling him to do, this wouldn't have happened. I think the cops might have gone a little overboard, but he was the one in the wrong here in my opinion.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought of this.

Also, don't yell at me for what I have to say on this. I'm reporting it and giving my opinion. I believe if a person doesn't cooperate when a person in authority gives them a direct command, action should be taken no matter how drastic the measures.

SomEngangVar

Sep 23, 2009
Bah. I've been seeing this video everywhere now. They did obviously have a reason to be there. Everyone keeps trying to make it seem like they were there because the people had "a bag of weed". I don't buy that. There was obviously a reason to warrant the SWAT team to show up. They don't call or send SWAT teams for someone whom hasn't done something to deserve it. Excessive force or not, I couldn't care less.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
SomEngangVar said:
Bah. I've been seeing this video everywhere now. They did obviously have a reason to be there. Everyone keeps trying to make it seem like they were there because the people had "a bag of weed". I don't buy that. There was obviously a reason to warrant the SWAT team to show up. They don't call or send SWAT teams for someone whom hasn't done something to deserve it. Excessive force or not, I couldn't care less.
Exactly. They send Steven Seagal in for little drug busts, not the SWAT team. We only get a clip of the video to see what actually happened but I do believe that the way it was set up it makes the cops look like the bad guys for acting with force when the subject refused to cooperate.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
SWAT had a warrant for what they were told was a big time trafficker and they hit the house accordingly.

Dogs are a huge fucking liability in a raid. Even if the dog is unable to really attack me it will still be pulling at my pant legs and tripping me up. If I fall, I suddenly become a huge liability to the other officers and they have to divert themselves to come assist me. Even if the dog is restrained it can still cause a ruckus and destroy the element of suprise in a raid. The SWAT officer made the decision to eliminate a possibly life threatening variable in an already dangerous situation.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm glad people here are using logic unlike in the YouTube comments.

I mean, one of the dogs was a pit bull. Those are dangerous dogs, no matter what.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
The dogs were a bit much, however they had a warrant and they told the guy directly what to do and he was being an ass so he got what was right by them.

Ieyland

Apr 23, 2010
Wait, a SWAT team breaks down your door and you don't cooperate? Wow, this guy has either enormous balls or is just stupid.

Freakin' dogs are innocent though, they should've just shot the man.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I think shooting the dog was uncalled for. Yeah, the guy was being somewhat uncooperative, but still, hardly the dog's fault. I don't think the S.W.A.T guys can be condemned too much though. They were just doing their jobs and I suppose they had to be on edge a bit (judging from the amount of guys and the fact that they sent in an actual S.W.A.T team instead of just normal police suggests that they didn't expect there just to be the guy and his family there). Without knowing more details about the whole thing and what they were expecting, I can't exactly fault them too much.

[small]Poor dog though. :([/small]

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:

I mean, one of the dogs was a pit bull. Those are dangerous dogs, no matter what.
Wrong.
Dogs, no matter the breed, can be dangerous or docile depending on how they are raised. I have a german shepherd, you know, the dog breed that cops use to chase down fleeing suspects. She wouldn't hurt a fly, because thats how she was raised.

SlowShootinPete

Apr 21, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
A pit bull you say. I'd have shot it too.

A lot of people don't seem to understand how quickly situations like that can go bad. At close quarters and in a confined space like inside a house, if you don't react immediately to something that looks like a threat, you could die. Running away isn't an option if there are five guys behind you blocking the door.

Dogs are small and fast, making them hard to shoot when they're running at you. Pit bulls have a bite force in the neighborhood of 235 pounds per square inch. It would really suck to be bitten that hard because you didn't react in time.

One of Many said:
ProfessorLayton said:

Wrong.
Dogs, no matter the breed, can be dangerous or docile depending on how they are raised. I have a german shepherd, you know, the dog breed that cops use to chase down fleeing suspects. She wouldn't hurt a fly, because thats how she was raised.
I doubt those officers wanted to find out the hard way what kind of obedience training that dog had.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
One of Many said:
ProfessorLayton said:

Wrong.
Wrong. Virtually any living organism that feeds on flesh (Or was designed to by nature) can and will harm things that scare/threaten them. Its just the way it works.

As for your German Shepard... THAT dog is dangerous as all hell. I had one too, and yes, they are very loyal and friendly dogs. Mine never hurt another human being.

However, it killed roughly 3 ground hogs a year, and even attempted to kill several deer. She also nearly destroyed a golden retriever that had threatened me.

Your dog is a killing machine: The situation just simply hasn't been raised yet were your dog has felt the need to kill or maim.

EDIT: Dongs? God? Whoops.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
SlowShootinPete said:
AccursedTheory said:
Wrong.

You're dod is a killing machine: The situation just simply hasn't been raised yet were your dog has felt the need to kill or maim.

Dogs aren't machines they are animals. Machines are made of gears and metal.
Wow, you're as bad at spelling dog as I am.

Also, you're avatars smirk... disturbs me.

Grand_Pamplemousse

Aug 17, 2009
SlowShootinPete said:
A lot of people don't seem to understand how quickly situations like that can go bad.
Do you?

God bless the heroes of MF-ing America. Shooting shit up since May 4th 1970.

How can you even attempt to justify the actions of your police? You all make me fucking sick. The Police should not be allowed to have the power they have, they should be constantly in check and slip ups should be punished.

I can't believe Police get away with stuff like this.

nick_knack

Jul 16, 2008
One of Many said:
ProfessorLayton said:

Wrong.
Are you telling me that if I backed your dog into a corner and made threatening noises and motions, it wouldn't defend itself?

Of course she would, everything has that survival instinct, especially predatory animals.

SlowShootinPete said:
AccursedTheory said:
Wrong.

You're dod is a killing machine: The situation just simply hasn't been raised yet were your dog has felt the need to kill or maim.

Dogs aren't machines they are animals. Machines are made of gears and metal.
Strawman if I ever saw it!

SlowShootinPete

Apr 21, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
Wow, you're as bad at spelling dog as I am.

Also, you're avatars smirk... disturbs me.
All of my victims tell me this before they

I mean... I find it very interesting you would say that.

Grand_Pamplemousse said:
SlowShootinPete said:
A lot of people don't seem to understand how quickly situations like that can go bad.
Do you?
Well, yes. That's why I said what I did.

Grand_Pamplemousse said:
How can you even attempt to justify the actions of your police? You all make me fucking sick. The Police should not be allowed to have the power they have, they should be constantly in check and slip ups should be punished.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Grand_Pamplemousse said:
SlowShootinPete said:
Do you?

God bless the heroes of MF-ing America. Shooting shit up since May 4th 1970.

They had a warrant. That's from a JUDGE. This isn't some prick pulling you over for swerving and than arresting you for sarcasm/the lulz, this was someone who was getting busted for NARCOTICS.

Show me a national police force that would not shoot a dog on what they thought was likely going to be a MASSIVE drug bust, and I'll show you a police force that's officers are a ball or two short of a handful downstairs.