Seriously, America?

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
I just thought I should bring this to your attention: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

I would really like to be reassured that these sorts of people are a minority.

But anyway, for discussion, is America as misinformed as commonly depicted?

Derpus von Herpus

Nov 14, 2008
As a Canadian, yes.

I work at a hotel and you have no idea how many American customers will correct me that it's "soda", not "pop", and oh by the way do we take MasterCard up here?

Yes, sir, we have electricity, phone lines and banks up here too.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
DasMark said:
As a Canadian, yes.

I work at a hotel and you have no idea how many American customers will correct me that it's "soda", not "pop", and oh by the way do we take MasterCard up here?

I am Jack said:
ugh a bunch of (fat) idiots marching for a bunch of things I could give a shit about just annoys the fuck out of me.
Hey hey, no bashing of countries.
Although it's kind of sad how the bad in our image outweighs our good :/
This needs to be corrected soon *goes back to trying to produce super virus*.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
I agree, but I used to hope nobody was this stupid *sigh*

EDIT: Reply didn't seem to work, but directed at megapenguinx

Aug 27, 2009
megapenguinx said:
I am Jack said:
ugh a bunch of (fat) idiots marching for a bunch of things I could give a shit about just annoys the fuck out of me.
Hey hey, no bashing of countries.
Although it's kind of sad how the bad in our image outweighs our good :/
This needs to be corrected soon *goes back to trying to produce super virus*.
I'm sorry I'm really not trying to bash a country...It just really annoys the hell out of me....The funny thing is I'm actually American.(I don't act (or look) like those people though...)

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
I think I spoke of the "Americans being the Bane of humanity"-thread. The U.S government doing indiscriminate carpet bombings in other countries where thousands of civilians die because of it, you don't hear as much as a squeak from the american people.

But raise taxes, FOR ANY REASON AT ALL, and boy the streets of Washington suffers a bad case of over-crowding with disgruntled citizens.

-"Oh sure, go ahead mr President! Get our military to act like nazis in other countries, we don't mind. I mean it's just a bunch of 'brown people' of 'terrorist descent' dying anyway. But if you raise the fucking taxes then im going to rip you a new one, got it!?"

*facepalm*

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
Dr. UBAR said:
I just thought I should bring this to your attention: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

I would really like to be reassured that these sorts of people are a minority.

But anyway, for discussion, is America as misinformed as commonly depicted?
No.
America isn't misinformed, it is uninformed.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
Housebroken Lunatic said:
I think I spoke of the "Americans being the Bane of humanity"-thread. The U.S government doing indiscriminate carpet bombings in other countries where thousands of civilians die because of it, you don't hear as much as a squeak from the american people.

But raise taxes, FOR ANY REASON AT ALL, and boy the streets of Washington suffers a bad case of over-crowding with disgruntled citizens.

-"Oh sure, go ahead mr President! Get our military to act like nazis in other countries, we don't mind. I mean it's just a bunch of 'brown people' of 'terrorist descent' dying anyway. But if you raise the fucking taxes then im going to rip you a new one, got it!?"

*facepalm*
RAISED TAXES!?!?!??!??!
OBAMA IS HITLER!
AMERICA IS DYING, WE NEED A CHRISTIAN PRESIDENT!!!!!
(All paraphrased extracts from the youtube video)

nograzgeis

Sep 16, 2009
"Free-dumb! Free-dumb!" Sadly, some of us are that moronic. Luckily, there are a fair number of people, myself included, that recognize they don't understand all of the sides to the issue and, instead of announcing how stupid they are on the subject, actually do research. I didn't watch the whole video, but as soon as I saw the abortion stuff, I knew exactly what kind of Americans you were talking about. On a slightly related note, I find that people talk a lot less about this stuff when they are farther away from DC (pretty quiet around here in Oregon) which effectively means that people who can have the greatest voice have the smallest ideas.

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
Please... Don't generalize me with those fools. I could point out how other countries generalize against Americans too...
DasMark said:
As a Canadian, yes.

Like this. Seriously, we're not all this dumb. I remember meeting a Canadian once who thought that Alaska was a Province, you know, but Americans just think it's ours.... Sigh. Anyone want a slightly used Sarah Palin? She comes with her Anti-Freedom package and equipable idiocy. If you act now, we'll throw in her bad poems and conspiracy theories! No? No takers?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
DasMark said:
As a Canadian, yes.

It depends on the area where those particular American are from. I'm from Minnesota, and we call it pop too. Don't lump us all into one convenient group like we're all the same.

Emilie Diabolica

May 26, 2009
indeed, it seemed the only thing that everyone agreed on was Fox News.
teehee.. i think that's proof of their idiocy. so dont worry about them too much.

but perhaps a flamethrower wouldn't be completely out of the question. might make a nice addition to the parade.
just a thought.. =P

Just Joe

Jun 5, 2009
They're claiming they got two million people there. The largest number I've heard from any professional organisation is 60 000; most are half that.

The whole thing, I think, is the result of year after year of demonising every aspect of the Democratic Party. The Republicans have been promising that a Democratic winning the White House will be the end of the world, and now they have to try to convince their potential voters that they weren?t full of shit, that the worst has come to pass as they warned and?

It's an emotional topic.

sin keon

Apr 12, 2009
I'm not an American so I really have no say in this, but that's first clas entertainment. But sadly also shocking(btw. obama=anti-christ=major bullshit).

Spore

Jul 15, 2009
well with me being on of the critisist of the usa myself, I should actually jump on the bandwagon here and make fun of them stupid fucks...

but also living in the netherlands myself, wich used to be a free country... well with the levels of moronity going on here on my home turf I'm actually quite tempted to make a youtube vid of my own... but wait! I can spare myself the effort, just youtube "fitna by geert wilders" with a bit of luck it has enlgish subs and you can actually make out what he says...

and in the polls... well let's just say, a BIG part of dutchmen is saying they're going to vote for this misinformed fuck...

Derpus von Herpus

Nov 14, 2008
Link Kadeshi said:
Please... Don't generalize me with those fools. I could point out how other countries generalize against Americans too...
DasMark said:
As a Canadian, yes.

Like this. Seriously, we're not all this dumb. I remember meeting a Canadian once who thought that Alaska was a Province, you know, but Americans just think it's ours.... Sigh. Anyone want a slightly used Sarah Palin? She comes with her Anti-Freedom package and equipable idiocy. If you act now, we'll throw in her bad poems and conspiracy theories! No? No takers?
I wasn't trying to generalize, but I do want to give you an idea of how many American guests will do this. In my three years of hotel service, I have checked in probably a thousand Americans, and all of them - not just a few, every one - has either said "no, it's soda" when I tell them where the pop machine is or has said "so, do you guys get cable up here?" or something like that.

I am dead serious when I say that.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
curtj5 said:
Oh goody a bunch of ignorant nerds who play games all day and then watch CNN headline news for 5 minutes and think they have any clue what-so-ever about the world outside.

You little ignorant idiots calling these protesters "dumb" etc. is extremely fucking laughable and I think you're a bunch of morons.
I see the point your trying to raise, but you don't have to be an asshole.
But OT It is no stretch of the imagination to think of these people as dumb.

Fragged_Templar

Mar 18, 2008
listen up america... take a lesson from your elders and take a look at how it works in europe.
healthcare for all will not break your country, however it will mean an increase in taxes, but if money is all you care about, then i suggest you go take a swim in a shark tank while wearing a bacon swinsuit