Seriously Ea?

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
Yeah, like an idiot I decided to preorder a physical copy of SimCity from EA, but then I came to my senses and realized it was a terrible offer so I decided to cancel it.

Now the rep I had to speak to for cancellation (yeah, you can't just cancel you have to talk to someone) was very nice and I have no complaints there.. but really

I have to wait until there dispatching it to cancel it... WTF? how can it be that hard to cancel a product that isn't even dispatching for another 7 days.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Probably because they're hoping that you'll forget and that they'll still get their money off you.

Boggles my mind how these companies think sometimes.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
And this is what happens when you outsource your own pre-orders.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
For a moment I thought this topic was on EA stating they were going to add microtransactions to all games because us consumers "love them". This has lead me to double check that I haven't accidently purchased an EA game in the last couple of years, which thankfully seems to be the case.

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
Auron said:
What was wrong with Digital? You were already on Origin.
Convenience mostly, it's far easier and faster to install from a disc for me than it is to download an entire game on my net, I live in an area of the UK which is very unlikely to see a line upgrade for many a year and the alternatives (satellite) costs far too much for very little gain.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well with shipping there is usually some horrid 50 layer process from order end to mailing going through god knows how many outside companies, but them leaving the customer with the job of to dealing with that terrible system is fucking retarded...

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Soulrender95 said:
Auron said:
What was wrong with Digital? You were already on Origin.
Convenience mostly, it's far easier and faster to install from a disc for me than it is to download an entire game on my net, I live in an area of the UK which is very unlikely to see a line upgrade for many a year and the alternatives (satellite) costs far too much for very little gain.
Hm, that's understandable. Currently living in a rather backwater place in Brazil I usually assume everyone has decent Internet.

Monster_user

Jan 3, 2010
Soulrender95 said:
Yeah, like an idiot I decided to preorder a physical copy of SimCity from EA, but then I came to my senses...
Reading this thread, and your concerns about internet, perhaps this game is not for you.

While my internet is decent (1.5mbps), and I have downloaded Force Unleashed on it (30gb Steam), I do not believe my bandwidth is fast enough for SimCity Online.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
This (and the fact that I can start installing on midnight of the release date) are why I went digital.
Also I wouldn't cancel my pre-order. :p