Seven Sins Personality Question

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
A question I sometimes like to ask friends of mine is, of the seven deadly sins, what ones are you more guilty of from most to least?

It's always rather interesting to see what order people pick these things and I think it helps you get an understanding of how someone views themselves.

So, just a reminder, the sins are.

Greed
Sloth
Pride
Wrath
Envy
Lust
Gluttony

My own order from most guilty of to least is this.

Sloth>Greed>Lust>Gluttony>Wrath>Envy>Pride

As a note. This has no bearing on religion. It doesn't matter if you're Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, Agnostic, or a Scientologist. This is just a fun little question about our faults.

Sinful

Sep 17, 2013
Sloth first, because well, I like hanging around the house not doing anything.
Next would be pride, as I don't like getting no for an answer and I'm too much of a perfectionist. Trying to work on that...
Greed next, for me wanting more stuff and money as much as many others human beings want.
Wrath and envy I tend not to have to deal with much. I'm not a vengefull person as I tend to seek mistakes and screw ups more in myself then others. I also don't envy people at all, except for the off occassion when I'm feeling down and see others having loads of fun.
Last would be gluttony and lust. I don't really over indulge myself with food and I really tend to eat too little. In regards to lust, I'm somewhat of an extreme introvert so I don't get to practice that one often if at all. :p

Edit: I only just realised my username in relation to this thread is funny. (Slow brain day.)

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
In order of most guilty to least, I'm...

Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, Lust, Greed, Pride.

I'm a shamefully angry-lazy-fat fuck :(

It should be interesting to see what others get.

EDIT: This was actually scary easy for me seeing as I have recent examples of my top three :/

bearlotz

Dec 10, 2012
Sloth>Pride>Lust>Gluttony>Wrath>Greed/Envy

A couple of years ago that would have probably been just about reversed, but I've been a lot less angry and materialistic of late so the associated sins slipped way down to the bottom.
Motivation is always a problem for me, enough so to give Sloth the top spot.
At least with the people I usually see IRL, I'm usually right about most things and don't greatly enjoy being proven wrong, so that's Pride.
Lust...if I were a more suave dude that would get put into practice more often, as-is it just means being waaaaaaayyyy too distracted when talking to good-looking women.
Honestly I'm pretty ok with my level of Gluttony because my love of eating led me to learning how to cook, so I guess that one worked out alright.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Gluttony > Wrath > Lust > Pride > Sloth > Greed/Envy.

I love eating. I really do - I mean I really freaking do.

Wrath? hahaha.
Put me in a league of legends game with a troll and watch me go.

Lust? I'm sorry, I'm a tumblr user I can't help it. To the Ereri tag we go~~

Pride?
Once again, league of legends game.

Sloth? Not so bad, I usually get my work done and completely pre-emptively so I can laze about later although...whether or not doing your work sooner so you can be lazy later is actually a deadly sin is a mystery to me.

Green and Envy? Not much I mean...all I want is to be able to live a comfortable life - not some great wealth or great amount of money just...I wanna be happy.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
From most to least:

Lust - Nuff said

Pride - I have a very high opinion of myself

Sloth - I'm often lazy if something doesn't interest me

Envy - I can be envious of those who have something more than me

Greed - Sometimes greedy

Gluttony - Don't to eat that much or waste

Wrath - I very rarely get angry

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Lust. I've done too many stupid things for guys.
Envy. My jealousy is crippling sometimes. I'm happy because I don't feel jealousy with my current boyfriend because he doesn't do anything to make me jealous like my last ones did.
Wrath. I have a VERY short fuse and won't back down from an argument, I won't let people get the last word in to.
Greed. I've been told I'm materialistic plenty of times (I don't think I am...) I love having money. I'm so happy when I have lots of money and if I had more of it I would be ecstatic.
Gluttony. I actually don't eat as much as people think but I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth D;
Sloth. I can be quite lay, have a habit of not cleaning up after myself.
Pride. I don't think highly of myself at all.

Panthera

May 10, 2013
Lust - I have a very active imagination, and my favourite things to imagine all seem to end up sexy

Gluttony - I love chocolate too much for my own good

Sloth - I'm often tempted to just sit around, but I do a good job of controlling it.

Greed - Not too much, but a bit

Wrath - I get ticked off over minor things a fair bit, but rarely hugely angry

Pride - I have too many self-esteem issues to struggle with this one <_<

Envy - The pride thing makes me not be jealous of people much, I have more a problem with feeling like I don't deserve anything good that others might have anyway

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
CYNIC ALERT! CYNIC ALERT!

I'm going to say what it says to me about people when they identify themselves with each individual one.

Greed - "I have mine, screw everyone else."

Lust - "I'm getting laid and you aren't, suckas!"

Wrath - "Look at me wrong and I will break you."

Gluttony - "Yeah, just make me a sandwich."

Pride - "I'm full of myself and see no problem with it."

Envy - "I want to have everything without working for anything."

Sloth - "I'm a lazy ass."

Conclusion: Not sure if people seem that way because I hate them, or if I hate them because they seem that way.

Conclusion 2: I guess "wrath" is mine. But hey, wrath is cool.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Gluttony and sloth tied for first, no question. Greed and Envy next, I expect. Pride, Wrath and then Lust last.

I've gotten lazier over the years and have been overweight since childhood and love to eat, so those two are easy. I also always compare myself to people and come up short and desiring money is always something at the back of my mind. I place monetary values on everything, including people. Pride, because I think I'm smarter than everyone, wrath, because I have a temper, and not so much for lust, because it's not that big a deal to me.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Sloth is definitely the winner. I'm incredibly lazy.

Then I guess Pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony and wrath.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
I got sloth so bad. The number of quite serious problems procrastinating has caused me is untrue. Shit just snowballs.

The rest, I probably slip up and exhibit them from time to time, but mostly I have them all under control and they aren't significant parts of my personality. Although arguably that's because I'm too slothful to put in the energy needed to do those vices justice.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
JoJo said:
From most to least:

Lust - Nuff said

Pride - I have a very high opinion of myself

Sloth - I'm often lazy if something doesn't interest me

Envy - I can be envious of those who have something more than me

Greed - Sometimes greedy

Gluttony - Don't to eat that much or waste

Wrath - I very rarely get angry
I'm going to quote you simply for ease of use, as this is how I would rank myself as well.

"But GrinningCat!" you say, "That's pretty lazy of you to do! How Slothful!" Yes, well, you can clearly see how much higher my Lust and Pride must still be.

Man, the things you'd see on my computer. It'd give you nightmares!

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
My order:

Envy- I can be jealous of others, but I usually want to try to succeed rather than just sit around being envious.

Greed- I can see myself being a bit greedy once I start making decent money, I'm not greedy now, but I may be in the future!

Pride- Even if I don't have the best self confidence, I think more highly of myself than I probably should.

Lust- 21 year old male, do I need to explain? Though I wouldn't say I'm sex crazed in any sense of the word.

Gluttony- I eat a lot, but I exercise a lot too, this would've been number 2 about 3 years ago.

Sloth- I can still be very lazy sometimes, but as I already mentioned I exercise every day. This would've been number 1 a few years back.

Wrath- I almost never get angry, and in the off chance I do, I won't show it much.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Vegosiux said:
Conclusion: Not sure if people seem that way because I hate them, or if I hate them because they seem that way.

That's Pride.
I'd say pride. I'm better than many people, and far too aware of it.

Xelzeno

Mar 7, 2011
Sloth>Sloth>Sloth>Sloth and then comes >Sloth>Sloth>Sloth.

Well in all seriousness I guess mine would be >Sloth>Wrath>Gluttony>Envy>Pride>Lust>Greed. But the first one is so humongous of a problem that the rest just gets blown away.
Grrr, I am angry... But it takes effort to do anything about it
I want more food, but this chair feels so nice...
I want what he has! Meh... I'll just go back to sleep instead.
I am the greatest!... But flaunting it makes people expect something of me...
Ooooh, sexy lady~... Meh. Too much effort to go over there and try anything.
Give me more money, as long as I don't have to move from this seat.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Souplex said:
Vegosiux said:

That's Pride.
I'd say pride. I'm better than many people, and far too aware of it.
We're talking about different incarnations of the series. I used Wrath from the one I prefer ^^

(Really, Brotherhood was better in my opinion.)