Sexy character designs done right

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Well, The Witcher 2 had some great female designs, particularly Triss and Saskia. Triss just has one of the best outfits ever, and Saskia wears proper armor, minus a gorget. She makes up for it by wearing a coat of brigandine underneath.

I won't say the same about Philippa Eilheart and her lesbomancy though. But Philippa was a manipulative asshole, so I don't feel bad about it.
I liked Cynthia's design when she was wearing clothes.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Jim Trailerpark said:
Olivia (?) from Brutal Legend

and of course, my all time favourite female character, Jade from BG&E
Ophelia.

Metal chicks are attractive by default.

HyRock

Jun 14, 2010
I'm going to go with Lucia from DMC2. She was just about the only thing that was right about this whole game.

I mean look at her a short girl with long red hair. Body shaped like a tiny hourglass with everything in proportion
Well maybe not the freakishly large ear but still.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
HyRock said:
I'm going to go with Lucia from DMC2. She was just about the only thing that was right about this whole game.

I mean look at her a short girl with long red hair. Body shaped like a tiny hourglass with everything in proportion
Well maybe not the freakishly large ear but still.
Images are broken

OT:
I'd go with a lot of people and say "sexy" done right is hard to do without tilting into fanservice, it's a razor edge. In many cases it succeds, in others it fails. it circles around design and personality primarily.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Gotta go with the classics.

What a man. You know that he's never touched a tub of whey protein or a wax strip in his life; & dat ass!

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
LifeCharacter said:
Midriff and cleavage, yes. Arms, elbows, and ankles no, because they're generally not considered sexual in current society.
Well, I guess many of the women at my college, daily life, and in media are sexualized, since most ow clevage, midriffs, wear makeup, etc.

So you're just going to pretend that the female chest is seen as so much more sexualized than the male one? Because that's the exact reason why no one raises a fuss when men fight shirtless. Sure, man-chest can be pretty damn sexy, but it's not as sexual as bare breasts.

If female Qunari fought in their armies, and all Qunari fought shirtless, I'd imagine that they would fit right in. So long as there wasn't any extra effort put in to making the female warriors sexy beyond what being shirtless provided, I wouldn't have a problem with it. No arched backs, crawling on the ground, erotic moans, or "come hither" looks? All good then. Give her [http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130902021109/dragonage/images/e/e3/Qunari_DA2.png] a bit more muscle and you've got a shirtless warrior woman fighting and a shirtless warrior man (granted, with censoring straps).

The problem with your example though, is that you only have the males to look at for the Qunari warrior's outfit. I haven't played DA2, but maybe the Qunari don't like armor? Maybe they think it's weak, or covers their warpaint or is against their religion, or whatever. The thing is, an entire culture that is still pretty unknown fighting shirtless does not violate the world's consistency.

If the Qunari did wear armor (and the women fought) and the males got realistic armor while the women had boobplates and midriffs exposed, that would violate internal consistency, because "culture" can't just be assumed to cover your standard, sexualized armor the way it can for "they all fight without armor."
All the Qunari were men. And the Qunari in the first game wore armour whenever they were seen ( THough, not frequently.) But all of a sudden, in DA2, they are all shirtless muscular hulks! Even Merill was commenting on how hot they were.

They dressed like that even in the cold winter months of the game. So how come no one got mad?

But if they were all female instead of male, everyone would cry "SEXISM!" or "Impractical clothing!"

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I gotta say Kaidan Alenko. It's gotta be that he's sexy, but not overly so, just like his facial model Luciano Costa (at least until he/they take their shirts off PX).

(Luciano included for comparison)

I suppose I could/should say more about why his sexy is done right. Or, I could just let a gif do the talking.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Bioshock Infinite - Booker and Elizabeth
Dragon Age Origins - Alisair and Leliana
Uncharted - Nate and Elena
inFamous - Cole and Lucy

These are the ones that came to mind for me. I'd consider these to be sexy characters that are done 'tastefully' given that they are also action heroes/heroins.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Black Reaper said:
It's nice to see im not alone when it comes to not finding Bayonetta sexy

For me, a sexy character done right would be a character that manages to be attractive without making you think "What the hell is he/she wearing!?"
Make mine Jeanne any day.