Shadow of the Colossus Movie In the Works

Espionag3

Oct 18, 2008
http://gbudashboard.blogspot.com/2009/04/ugly-shadow-of-colossus-movie-in-works.html

I weep for humanity, I love this god damn game and now its going to be soiled by this.

Espionag3

Oct 18, 2008
damn thought I skimmed the front page, sorry bout that. still devastating for me Its one of my all time favorites.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Bah, with todays heavy reliance on CG > story. This could actually be one of the better game movies made in a while. I mean there's not much to the game really. Plenty of room for hollywood to twist the story around a bit. If it's cast well and doesn't come off cheesey or terribly fake looking this could be kinda badass. Kinda soon to pass judgement don't you think?

NeoDeath90

Feb 11, 2009
Oh good gods, this isn;t good. It's one of those things that I can;t help but see because I want to see how badly they mess it up. Ten bucks most of the battles are going to be montaged. Can't wait to see how bad this is going to turn out.

Simon Hadow

Mar 12, 2009
Hmmmmm... I would like to hold judgement till I see it, cause' I'm just that kind of guy... unless you're talking about twilight... sorry, I take my vampire non-sparkly, without the side of phsycologically abusive boyfreind.

42manZ

Jun 7, 2008
I mean really? I'd like to say "It must be for the fans." But the fans don't want it. So, why? It's a great and beautiful game, but a MOVIE about it? That sounds particularly dreadful.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
I know it's a bit too early to really say anything, but I think Shadow of the Colossus just wouldn't work as a film. There's little story to work with, and while the presentation is awe-inspiring, SotC as a whole screams "play me" rather than "watch me."

And just because it's in the works doesn't mean it's inevitable. Movies based on video games have a tendency to fall through before they enter the production phase. This happened to Halo and the film based on The Sims from a few years ago.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Please Hollywood, stop. I know you love money but this is getting absurd. Start making your own ideas again, please.

voirdire

Mar 29, 2009
Da_Schwartz said:
Bah, with todays heavy reliance on CG > story. This could actually be one of the better game movies made in a while. I mean there's not much to the game really. Plenty of room for hollywood to twist the story around a bit. If it's cast well and doesn't come off cheesey or terribly fake looking this could be kinda badass. Kinda soon to pass judgement don't you think?
Agreed. The game was fun, but not really excellent itself on the story front. So there is definitely alot of room to work.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
darthzew said:
Please Hollywood, stop. I know you love money but this is getting absurd. Start making your own ideas again, please.
At the very least one could hope that they'd take their ideas from something more cinematic (and I don't mean just in a visual sense, because SoTC was certainly amazing to look at). While the game was amazing, I just can't imagine a movie that doesn't screw up the basic premise to make it more 'Hollywood'.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Evilbunny said:
Yeah, I just made a thread about this. Very sad.
Wouldn't Ico be the better story to make into a film? How long would a S.O.T.C. film be? Not very I'd imagine.

May 7, 2008
if its done well you'll cry

if its done badly or by uwe boll you'll cry and kill yourself.....so hopefully its a april fools

who's the director?

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
There is ONE way, ONLY one way and EXACTLY one way to make a decent Shadow of the Colossus movie and that's to not adapt the game itself. Seriously, the game is fucking amazing, but it's not filmable. What you need to do is make a prequel which covers all the juicy details the game didn't explain, such as who is Wander, who is Mono, how are they related to each other, how did Mono die, how did Wander come to steal the holy sword and escape into the forbidden land with Mono's body and who the hell are those guys who are chasing him? This story could actually be extremely gripping While the colossus fights would be unbelievably awesome to behold, once Wander reaches the forbidden land and begins hunting them down you've run out of plot. You'd have to end the movie no later than Wander meeting Dormin and being told how to revive Mono, then end with the message "If you want to know what happens next, go track down the game."

tucci

Jul 9, 2008
Wow i wonder who's gonna be the main character
Keenu Reeves?
Ben Aflac
Matt Damon?

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Lol at Matt Damon...The Shadows of Bourne!

OT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........!

This cannot be happening, why would Ico let someone do that?