Shadow of the Eternals Placed On Ice

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
I don't think that the crowds didn't want the game.

It is just that the crowds didn't want THEM to make it.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
And there is justice in the world for once. Glad the game is on ice, and even happier that it will probably never get made if we look at things realistically. Hopefully the studio follows suit soon and any people there that actually have talent can go work with other companies while Dyack finds a new vocation.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
On the one hand I really dug Eternal Darkness, and Silicone Knights made some great damn games back in the day.

But their track record as of late has been such shit, of course this was going to fail. They sadly drove their reputation into the dirt.

I'd really love to see them make a sequel, or spiritual successor, or whatever - but I'm not going to put any money up for it unless they can prove that they can still make good games.

Really this was kind of inevitable. If anything they need to spend the next several years trying to repair their rep, then maybe they can think about trying this again.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
It's not all that suprising considering that they have been releasing sub-par games recently (admit it, it's Silicon Knights under a new name) and people don't want to risk their cash for something that might turn out to be the next X-Men Destiny. I have to wonder what they will do now though, their first project as a studio has failed to get funding and if they aren't going to keep working on SotE then they'll have to come up with something else. And I'd be suprised if they attempted to get that crowdfunded.