Shadowrun: Hong Kong cRPG Tears Through Kickstarter Goal In Hours

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
deth2munkies said:
I don't get why, if SRR and Dragonfall were so successful, they need kickstarter money again. And for the record, I backed SRR.
They don't "need" the money. They said they'll put it towards hiring more people to expand the game to have more features and content than it currently is aiming for.

I don't really know if you're complaining or not. 15 dollars for a digital copy of the game will almost certainly be cheaper than what it will be going for retail at launch. If anything, this is an opportunity to save money and it will fund more game content, so it seems like everyone wins.

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
This is the first one I've backed. And SRR was what introduced me to the RGP as a whole. Still don't have a group to play it with mind, but I'm coming closer to convincing a few mates to give it a try.

Quite excited to see another campaign from these guys!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
erttheking said:
Holy shit. I mean I liked Dragonfall but I didn't think that that many other people liked it so much. And it's already got four times its goal? Well, let's see what the other stretch goals are...700,000...revamped Matrix...MY MONEY! ALL OF IT! TAKE!

On a side note I REALLY like the look of the new crew. After the one in Dragonfall blew me away with how well written they were, I'm eagerly awaiting these new ones.
They didn't just make Dragonfell, they made a platform by which countless stories have been told by modders and DLC alike.

This has to be one of the best bets to kickstart on.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I absolutely loved SRR even for it's faults and the way they fixed them with Dragonfall really makes me think this is a studio that knows how to work with it's community without getting bogged down by them.

As soon as I have money it's going straight into this kickstater!

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
WOOOOOO MORE SHADOWRUN
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm excited WoooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOoOoOOOOOooooO

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Dead Man's Switch was good but not great. Dragonfall was great game and the directors cut that was a free upgrade made a great game even better. I would say Dragonfall directors cut is among the best games that came out last year.

I am willing to back this. All kickstaters are a gamble but this one seems like a fairly safe. I have confidence in Harebrained Schemessince ability to make this a good rpg.
The gameplay for the matrix in dragonfall was functional but dull; so I am happy about the idea of it being revamped.