Shadowrun Hong Kong Kickstarter Launched

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Genocidicles said:
I'm liking that there's more variety among the party members this time. Dragonfall was a tad boring on that front, having a mostly human party.
Actually one thing I've noticed about all the party rosters: no elves whatsoever. Kind of a weird thing to do. Also, no trolls though there are a few orcs. Dwarves didn't show up until Hong Kong

Anyway, closing in on expanded cyber. Would love to see some weapons and what incentive the player would have to buy them instead of just normal weapons.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Aiddon said:
Genocidicles said:
I'm liking that there's more variety among the party members this time. Dragonfall was a tad boring on that front, having a mostly human party.
Actually one thing I've noticed about all the party rosters: no elves whatsoever. Kind of a weird thing to do. Also, no trolls though there are a few orcs. Dwarves didn't show up until Hong Kong

Anyway, closing in on expanded cyber. Would love to see some weapons and what incentive the player would have to buy them instead of just normal weapons.
Ummm... Eiger was a Troll, not an Orc.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
And the $500k Stretch Goal has been reached. Enjoy the Kowloon slums, chummer.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Next stretch goal is for expanded magic; summoners are able to conjure spirits that can't break from your control, but also don't last long in battle. Adepts and mages gets foci, which are items that allow adepts to use devastating magic attacks and increase mages' power.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Honestly I figured the Kickstarter would probably hit around 500k max yet it's already surpassed that with 30 days to go, at this rate it's looking like a revamped Matrix is pretty likely especially with the usual last minute rush most kickstarter get.

Neat, no complaints from me! I'm looking forward to this more than ever, hopefully all the new features wont push the development time back too far.

Edith The Hutt

Flying Monkey
Oct 16, 2010
Given the way it's been slowly climbing and the potential for a last-minute surge I wouldn't be surprised if it broke $1Mil. I'm looking forward to those $700k+ stretch goals being revealed.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Expanded Magic has been hit; next up is the personal side mission for Gaichu, the Ghoul Samurai. I do wonder if they'll aim for any Stretch Goals beyond 700k or just devote the rest to additional funding for QA.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I haven't even gotten around to playing Dragonfall yet. Or beating Returns. T_T

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
And now, we have a $1m stretch goal: a 4-5 hour post-ending campaign! This just keeps getting better and better.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
We have now hit the 700K goal, meaning the Matrix is going to be reworked. Hopefully they do something at least aesthetics-wise because going through the same wireframes got tiring quickly.