Shady Article Talks About Romance In Skyrim

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
That's fine with me. My New Vegas character was very disappointed when he found out Veronica preferred the ladies.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I hope it's true. I think it would add a nice touch to the already mind blowing world. Besides once i get a house in the game I'd be great to have someone move into it with me...or have someone to court so they can move in.

Hmm...However if it is true I have a feeling they probably won't have male Homosexual relationships...that's just a vibe I get from Bathesdas writing team. I could be wrong...well I hope i'm wrong.

We'll have to wait and see.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
Trezu said:
I know what it is

Perk Name
Bondage- Experienced Tyral BDSM and Torture sex - Damage Resistance plus 10
why. why did i smile when i read that...why did i stop reading and have to post this. WHY I TELL YOU WHY!
Also time to find me a woman who can use magic or is an archer, or a dude who a thief or a swordman.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
johnman said:
Lets just hope the game isn't popualated by the uncanny valley then
N1ceDreamz said:
The only way I can see this working is if Bethesda manage to make the player give a shit about the characters in this game, otherwise it will be as pointless as it was in Fable.
Genuine Evil said:
Lest hope then that the game isn?t set in the uncanny valley again.
Who knows this may be interesting, I?d love to see interspecies kids BTW .
Seriously. No matter how much my barbarian sorcerer might want to come home after a dungeon crawl and discuss the mudcrab he saw the other day*, there's no way Bethesada's going to implement this well. Especially not if they're the ones doing the writing.

*I don't even mean in a romance - establishing NPCs as believable companions would also be a step forward.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
As long as they don't do the whole "you have to sleep with him/her and then you are in a relationship" crap. Other than Jack from ME2, all the romantic subplots in games that I have personally played are initiated my sex. Sheesh guys, can't we just have some nice talking and crap? Regardless, I would probably trick someone into liking me and then shoot them of the side of a mountain adoring fan style

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why did you have to do that Skyrim... Romance is just so pointless in a games from under "Elder Scrolls" sign.

I mean yeah you can have someone that sits in a building in a game and sometimes say "Let's go have hot buttseks".

But it's not The Scrolls than! I could accept adventurous flings with people. But you are an adventurer! Such petty "Love and Relationship" stuff are beyond Dovahkiin (DRAGONBORN!!), you are meant to go and battle dragons! Kill trolls! Go on murderous rampages!

Or is it just how I roleplay my character?

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
And we have only 3 guilds now, and romance? I didn't like how few guilds there were in Oblivion, and its worse because now we can have romance?

Is this fable or elder scrolls?

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
AMMO Kid said:
As long as they don't do the whole "you have to sleep with him/her and then you are in a relationship" crap. Other than Jack from ME2, all the romantic subplots in games that I have personally played are initiated my sex. Sheesh guys, can't we just have some nice talking and crap? Regardless, I would probably trick someone into liking me and then shoot them of the side of a mountain adoring fan style
Apparently DA2 has some DLC archer dude that has a chaste romance plot, which (gasp) actually fits into the pseudo-medieval setting. DA2 does some things surprisingly well for a game as bad as it is haha. And ofc you've got no shortage of sex w/o relationships from other games.

But yeah, there's a massive problem with games equating sex and relationships, even in settings where that makes absolutely no sense. I blame Bioware :)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Well now I can't play a khajiit becuase that would just be wierd.

lol.

Johnnyallstar said:
And we have only 3 guilds now, and romance? I didn't like how few guilds there were in Oblivion, and its worse because now we can have romance?

Theres four so far they are keeping some stuff secret tbh, Dark Brotherhood are making a comeback. :)

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I'm not really excited about this, as I'm not in the game and I don't give a damn about anyone now.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I'm likely the only person who doesn't like the companions in Fallout 3 (or New Vegas I imagine) in an open world game I want it to be Me Versus the world. Maybe I have a wife/Girlfriend/Significant other I come home to and they clean my armor and tell me I'm an idiot for fighting a dragon but still I don't want to be followed by an NPC pretending to be a lost puppy, who charges any enemy in my way and always runs in front of my fireballs.

So ya if Bethesda does it well enough that the NPC seems like their own person and I don't have to have them follow me around like a lost dog I don't mind.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Interesting, I am curious to see how it works (if it exists) but if it is done right I could see it being a nice add-on but if it is done wrong I would expect a lot of backlash from the fanboys like me.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
The only romance I need in my Elder Scrolls is Anhassi thank you very much.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
synobal said:
I'm likely the only person who doesn't like the companions in Fallout 3 (or New Vegas I imagine) in an open world game I want it to be Me Versus the world. Maybe I have a wife/Girlfriend/Significant other I come home to and they clean my armor and tell me I'm an idiot for fighting a dragon but still I don't want to be followed by an NPC pretending to be a lost puppy, who charges any enemy in my way and always runs in front of my fireballs.

So ya if Bethesda does it well enough that the NPC seems like their own person and I don't have to have them follow me around like a lost dog I don't mind.
Yeah I play stealth and I don't want an Npc messing up my mojo, they can carry arrows for me if they like :/

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:

lol.

Johnnyallstar said:

Theres four so far they are keeping some stuff secret tbh, Dark Brotherhood are making a comeback. :)
I guess I got spoiled because I loved Morrowind so much, with all the guilds and factions and interactivity between them. Being able to be the grand master in every faction in Oblivion just seemed so wrong. In Morrowind there were rivalries, outright hatreds, and other interactions made them tangible. In Oblivion, the guilds were sterile to the point of being almost boring outside of some individual quests that were really fun.

I know they wanted to focus on main questing more than the side quests, but they pretty much gutted the guilds to do it. I guess I was hoping that Bethesda would try and make an experience with the good from Oblivion and the good from Morrowind. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but either way I'll still enjoy Skyrim, even if Morrowind is still my favorite of the series.

Jonaries

Mar 26, 2011
I don't know if all of you are bitter men writing these comments, but you need to step aside and remain silent. If you are either apathetic or do not partake in the romance option's in video games than that's your choice. Stop trying to ruin the experience or have content removed that people such as I enjoy. All romance content in games like mass effect, dragon age, or other games in the past is ALWAYS optional. I am sick of every article I read being filled with negative comments. If you don't want the romance than go dungeon crawling without a companion. Those of us that choose to indulge in the option want to have our fun without morons saying evil and hateful remarks.

Also stop assuming that everyone who enjoys romance in games should run off and only play the sims or other games that focus primarily on social gameplay. I enjoy all aspects of these games ROMANCE included.

Learn to smile and say, thats nice. You are all horrible and I am sick of it.

Apr 28, 2008
So... why is this so opposed? Bethesda's adding depth to character-NPC interactions. And this is a bad thing?! Why the hell should all NPC's be cardboard cutouts with nothing interesting about them? Now a friend won't try to murder you for accidentally picking up a spoon. Now NPC's will be more than just "some NPC". The fact that people consider this a bad thing is baffling.

Johnnyallstar said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:

lol.

Johnnyallstar said:

I guess I got spoiled because I loved Morrowind so much, with all the guilds and factions and interactivity between them. Being able to be the grand master in every faction in Oblivion just seemed so wrong. In Morrowind there were rivalries, outright hatreds, and other interactions made them tangible. In Oblivion, the guilds were sterile to the point of being almost boring outside of some individual quests that were really fun.

I know they wanted to focus on main questing more than the side quests, but they pretty much gutted the guilds to do it. I guess I was hoping that Bethesda would try and make an experience with the good from Oblivion and the good from Morrowind. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but either way I'll still enjoy Skyrim, even if Morrowind is still my favorite of the series.
It was even crazier in Daggerfall, where you could join all the churches and plenty of other groups. Can't do that now though. Recording voiced dialog for all that would cost way too much.

Normally I'd say voice acting is good, but considering how much it sucked in Oblivion(how everyone sounded the same, and was lifeless and uninteresting), I wouldn't mind going back to text.