Shaky Hands Could Ruin 3DS's Display Effect

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
Terramax said:
Magnatek said:
mjc0961 said:
3D? What 3D? I'm turning that off. I care more about the better hardware leading to bigger and better games along with the analog nub. The 3D gimmick can go shove off.
You said my intentions right here, though I would have phrased a bit nicer. I like the other capabilities of the 3DS too much to let that get in the way. Oh, and to those that still don't know, you CAN turn the 3D off.
I third this. I care more about creative gaming. Sadly, we're in the minority. Just expect more Marios, Zeldas and Pokemons.
Nintendo can be creative if it wants to be!
Also, why would you turn off 3D if it doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest? These games are (probably) designed for 3D.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Bad news for Michael J. Fox!

I kid, I kid. I love that man, and everything he does for Parkinson's research.
Even so........ That was comedic gold. I peed a little.

OT/
So the 3DS will blow your mind as long as you?re not on a bumpy car/train/plane ride. That?s right, portable gaming that needs to be stationary.

Edit: Yeah you can turn the 3D off but as its major selling point, I am going to want some hands on time before I buy anything.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
i don't know about the rest of you escapists, but i don't play ds whilst walking/running/jogging. i play it when i'm away from my home and therefore have no access to a gaming system besides the portable ones. when i play i'm probably sitting down or wandering slowly, and in both cases, i don't have a problem with the ds shaking. i don't know about you guys and your habits, but i really doubt this'll be a problem for me.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I can't forsee this actually being a problem. It's my understanding that it's supposed to be like that big oversized DS. I am sure there won't be too many issues with it. Also, who really cares about 3D. Nothing bothers me more than this gimmicky bullshit. The fact is, graphically, the system can be really powerful. I would imagine that at some point that graphic potential will be put to good use by not utilizing the 3D at all, but for a very clean polished look that no Nintendo system has at this point. We'll see what happens. As always, you should wait for things like reviews or a friend to get one, so you can try it out.

Edit: Also, it's a silly thing to harp on someone because they don't care for the 3D the system offers. People buy things all the time that they don't use every feature for. I know a guy who has a Blackberry but doesn't bother to use their app market at all. I know a guy who intentionally sought out a fat PS3 for the Other OS feature (before it was removed), and doesn't use it to watch movies. He bought a separate BluRay player. This is a selling point because people care about this gimmick. But it's for the best that you can shut it off.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
thefreeman0001 said:
for a handheld gaming device aka something portable that can be used on the move this isnt a good thing!
You will be so busy charging it you won't have time to take it anywhere.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Some people reflexively tilt controllers and such while they play. I would hope a measurable effort of stillness is enough.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
I still want the 3DS even though I'm probably not going to be able to view the 3D at all. *hands shake even more so in sadness*

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Well I'm screwed then, I have constant tremors in my hands... ah well, I never liked 3D all that much anyway. Or Nintendo. DO SOMETHING NEW DAMMIT!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Chairman Miaow said:
Well I'm screwed then, I have constant tremors in my hands... ah well, I never liked 3D all that much anyway. Or Nintendo. DO SOMETHING NEW DAMMIT!
Yes because what they did with the whole 3D thing isn't new.

Anyway I'm sure this is being exaggerated to hilarious proportions as people seem to constantly do this whenever anything about Nintendo comes out. Only conclusion? Gamers are whiny self-entitled brats who are never happy about anything.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Waiting really seems like the best choice here. Between the battery life, the price, and now this just feels like it might be better to wait a bit until the release another improved version.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Chairman Miaow said:
Yes because what they did with the whole 3D thing isn't new.

Anyway I'm sure this is being exaggerated to hilarious proportions as people seem to constantly do this whenever anything about Nintendo comes out. Only conclusion? Gamers are whiny self-entitled brats who are never happy about anything.
When I said new I meant in terms of games, not shitty gimmicks.