Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
epicfailgamer said:
sms_117b said:
epicfailgamer said:
sms_117b said:
Red Ring Of Death?

I got through 4 360's in a month before reverting back to a PS2
i guess u abused urs then ive had mine for 2 and a half years no rrod no probs what so ever as long as u look after it
I marathon games, up to 18 hours in one go in extreme cases, then there are overkill sessions which are rare but go above the 24 hours mark
consoles are not made to be played that long so u cant blame the console that it brakes only urself
Maybe, but my PS3 managed, the CD/DVD/Blu-ray tray broke but the processor was fine and it was still working, except it wouldn't eject. Besides, nothing, ever is my fault :p

steamednotfried

Oct 27, 2008
KaMiKaZi014 said:
ill say, im happy with my PS3, its a solid console, if you want to change it for a 360, then listen here, dont do it until the jasper systems come out later this year. otherwise your 360 will most probably die and yes, i have many friends who have bought 360's in the past 6 months and they are already screwing up. so as i said, wait till the jasper systems come out, go look it up and read about them, they are much more reliable then the current 360 systems out atm.
Thanks alot, I'll look it up.

Snakktastic

Dec 2, 2008
Well get an Elite or the Red Resident Evil edition console other wise your looking at red ring road.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Wow...this "red ring of death" excuse for not buying a 360 appears to be used as often as "the PS3's got no games" in these fanboy rants. Fact is, the 360 doesn't die half as often as you guys are claiming - especially the new models - and the PS3 now has a host of excellant exclusive titles.

Truth is, its completely your own choice - if you care not for the PS3 exclusives and prefer the 360 games then go for it - nobody here should have a say in your decision - likewise f you think the PS3 is a better option then go for it.

I remember you stating on one of your review topics that you felt your opinion was always the correct one - well this is certainly a situation in which your opinion should be the only one that matters.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Ok I'll buy that, but the wonderful thing about pc games is we can always lower the res, add a seocnd video card.

I'm a old Atari/NES guy. I don't want to see a character like Solid snake and his pores/zits. I want a replayable fun game with a story...

Not FPS's that are all the same with a gimmic thrown in or seeing sweat on the main guys nose. So I can lower the graphics to get things running nice...

Saddly got a 32 HDTV for a monitor now and even low res looks mind boggling now.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
D_987" post="9.104236.1676829 said:
Wow...this "red ring of death" excuse for not buying a 360 appears to be used as often as "the PS3's got no games" in these fanboy rants. Fact is, the 360 doesn't die half as often as you guys are claiming - especially the new models - and the PS3 now has a host of excellant exclusive titles.

Truth is, its completely your own choice - if you care not for the PS3 exclusives and prefer the 360 games then go for it - nobody here should have a say in your decision - likewise f you think the PS3 is a better option then go for it.

You know, you have a point, the ten people I know who have 360's and had them all red ring and die all did the same moron thing of keeping them turned on -all- the time.

I'll play music, DVD's ect but when I go to sleep the PS3 is off. Just like a PC's fan, heat levels that kill a system. Keeping it on 24 hours a day is not how the device is made and your asking for it to kick off and die. X360 and probley the ps3 were made for people who play 4-6 hours and on a binger maybe 8 at most. Not 24/7 for three months.

Honestly the exclusive titles are being phased out as they kill profits. And I mean anything Xbox exclusive comes out for PS3 and pc six months later...I'll wait honestly.

Guess I had the cash and took the top end system, I just enjoy the games more. So what system has what you want the most is all that matters.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
steamednotfried said:
The bloody controller compromises all action games with those god awfull analogue sticks. The online is terrible when it works.

I could buy another ps3 in some years when it's cheaper.

So can anyone think of a good reason why I shouldn't make he swap appart from the feeling of having thrown away a hundred quid or so?
Well, you can save up the 200 bucks from one week of work and buy a 360 and have the best of both worlds and be done with it, and heck, maybe even buy a different controller for the PS3. Also, plug that PS3 into your router and see if the online doesn't suck, because it works fine for me so I'll just leave it at that.

Now, if you can afford the extra money for XBL then don't forget about that, and if you download a lot of things then maybe the arcade bundle, despite how cheap, isn't a good idea.

Yet it seems like no matter how many games you play on the PS3 you just hate them so I guess trade it in. you've practically made up your mind. I just don't get why you would want to buy a PS3 later after paying so much for the one you have now (assuming you didn't like, win it or get it from a hand-me-down or something), when you could just save up now and get a 360 soon, assuming you still want your PS3.

Apr 28, 2008
You bought the PS3 just because of LittleBigPlanet, I would say that buying a console for a single game is retarted, but since I bought an xbox for Halo and a 360 for Halo 3, I don't really have a right to bash you for it.

I got a PS3 because I was sick of all the dicks on xbox live, seriously, every game I play, its full of assholes. This is a problem on PSN as well, but its less of a problem.

Plus, my old 360 had the RROD 3 times, even after sending it in, and on the third time I took it into my backyard and destroyed it with a sledghammer.

But both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses. Just go with what you want.

And what games are you interested in, if its First Person shooters than Halo 3 is the most popular and any others just seem to fade away. And the only exclusives that people seem to play these days are Halo 3 and Gears of War 2.

And what is wrong with the controller?
Its the same as the 360 only the D-pad and left stick are switched.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Eagles158 said:
steamednotfried said:
I have sort of made my mind up but i'm just checking so I don't make a mistake. L.A Noire, I forgot about that, I'll have to look it up. Football games are worse because the online barely works.
I think the online might be something to do with your internet rather than the system.
It most likely is your net. Your ping might be crazy high. I had this problem too, the 360 wouldn't connect so I had to tinker with the router. Same thing when I tried playing TF2 on Steam and Resistance online. PSN works just as well as Live.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
steamednotfried said:
I have sort of made my mind up but i'm just checking so I don't make a mistake. L.A Noire, I forgot about that, I'll have to look it up. Football games are worse because the online barely works.
I think that's your home internet connection that's bad, not the games servers themselves. Me and a few friends have PS3's and mine aswell as theres works flawlessly.

wbf_shez said:
you'd need a monolithic PC to run the games anywhere near the 360's graphical level
You... You're not joking, are you? I have a gaming PC that wasn't expensive, that easily tops a 360 on graphics. For £600 I built a PC with a quad-core processor (double the power of the PS3, and more than double the power of the 360) 4GB RAM (8 times more RAM than the PS3 and 360) and a 1gb 9800GT HD graphics card (double that of the consoles).

That's a good price for such a powerful PC, and it's common knowledge that a PC such as this, and even PC's with lower specs can outperform the 360. Because they may be computers designated the task of running games, but they're still computers, and if you take them to professionals, they can be altered (without adding any hardware, only software) to actually be windows based PC's.

Pain_Inflictor

Feb 6, 2009
steamednotfried said:
Hi I'm thinking of doing the above today, can anyone think of a good reason I shouldn't? I don't care for MGS or FF or GOW because they're crap. The main reasons I got a ps3 almost a year ago, was because I thought LBP would be amazing and for games like Ico and Heavy Rain, and also flow and such. I new that games I liked such as football games and FPS's would be better on 360, but I thought I'd make that concession. Besides, I thought that maybe the 360 would become redundant soon, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Still now, they new cry engine is being tested on both consoles and guess what, the 360 version is better as usual.

I found LBP to be a major let down. I was really looking foward to all the mechanical inventions that would be made, but the focus seemed to be more on platforming and visual style, and the creation tools were clunky.

The bloody controller compromises all action games with those god awfull analogue sticks. The online is terrible when it works.

I think I can live without ICO and Heavy Rain, besides, I could buy another ps3 in some years when it's cheaper.

So can anyone think of a good reason why I shouldn't make he swap appart from the feeling of having thrown away a hundred quid or so?
Well it seems to me that you don't like the games on the PS3 and if you feel you would get more enjoyment out of the ones on the 360 then yes, it is time to swap. Personally I enjoy both consoles but I have more fun with my PS3. It seems like you might lean towards the 360 though since you said you didn't enjoy all the top sellers/soon to be exclusives that make up the PS3.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
If one must choose one over the other, I'd favor the 360. Most of the games I want to play exist on both consoles, and in any such event there would have to be an extremely compelling reason for me to choose to play using the Dualshock 3, which I harbor such an intense resentment towards it borders on the irrational. Plus, there are only a handful of games exclusive to the PS3 that I want to play anyway, so losing it wouldn't be a huge sacrifice. That said, I have both and I am still fairly unsatisfied with the investment my PS3 represents.

wbf_shez

Aug 27, 2008
Ago Iterum said:
steamednotfried said:
I think that's your home internet connection that's bad, not the games servers themselves. Me and a few friends have PS3's and mine aswell as theres works flawlessly.

wbf_shez said:
you'd need a monolithic PC to run the games anywhere near the 360's graphical level
You... You're not joking, are you? I have a gaming PC that wasn't expensive, that easily tops a 360 on graphics. For £600 I built a PC with a quad-core processor (double the power of the PS3, and more than double the power of the 360) 4GB RAM (8 times more RAM than the PS3 and 360) and a 1gb 9800GT HD graphics card (double that of the consoles).

That's a good price for such a powerful PC, and it's common knowledge that a PC such as this, and even PC's with lower specs can outperform the 360. Because they may be computers designated the task of running games, but they're still computers, and if you take them to professionals, they can be altered (without adding any hardware, only software) to actually be windows based PC's.

Listen to what I'm saying:
£600 is still 4x the cost of a new 360.

Decent price for your system though, kudos.

kmg90

Jan 21, 2009
Psychosocial said:
If you actually have some sort of life beside playing video games, a 360 is better than a PS3 IMO.

If you live in the US, it's got Netflix.
yeah and if you live anywhere with ps3 you can watch movies off the internet

I can even watch my MLB.TV subscription on my PS3!

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I don't see how multi-platform games would be better on the 360?
Why is everyone whining about the analouges? I can't see anything wrong with them.
And why do people ask these things on forums?
I'll stop asking now.
If you're disappointed in your PS3 then you should swap it for another console.

Istickell

Mar 24, 2009
steamednotfried said:
Hi I'm thinking of doing the above today, can anyone think of a good reason I shouldn't? I don't care for MGS or FF or GOW because they're crap. The main reasons I got a ps3 almost a year ago, was because I thought LBP would be amazing and for games like Ico and Heavy Rain, and also flow and such. I new that games I liked such as football games and FPS's would be better on 360, but I thought I'd make that concession. Besides, I thought that maybe the 360 would become redundant soon, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Still now, they new cry engine is being tested on both consoles and guess what, the 360 version is better as usual.

I found LBP to be a major let down. I was really looking foward to all the mechanical inventions that would be made, but the focus seemed to be more on platforming and visual style, and the creation tools were clunky.

I think I can live without ICO and Heavy Rain, besides, I could buy another ps3 in some years when it's cheaper.

Do what you want. Are you gonna have Live?