Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 18

Tweets

Apr 1, 2009
Verbatim. Yes, the game designers give you a very stupid job and then an NPC makes fun of you for doing stupid jobs. And this is part of the main quest line for Hobbits. I'm telling you, the quest writers at Turbine are unrepentant griefers at heart.
LOL! Wait until you eventually get to the epilogue of volume 3 book 1! I won't spoil it for you, but you're just gonna love it!

Eviljesse

May 14, 2010
What is the cost of LOTRO? $15 like WOW? I have all but quit playing online games because none of them look of any interest to me but I have always liked a game with a good community of players and a story. I also liked the books and the movies. Also if anyone has and ideas on other fun MMORPGs I would like to hear it.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
O noes he has come to an impasse! a forced Group quest from a chain of Single player quests! XD gl Shamus(Lulzy) i know how much u hate these lol

ThySensFan

Dec 11, 2009
Eviljesse said:
What is the cost of LOTRO? $15 like WOW? I have all but quit playing online games because none of them look of any interest to me but I have always liked a game with a good community of players and a story. I also liked the books and the movies. Also if anyone has and ideas on other fun MMORPGs I would like to hear it.
It is usually $ 14.99 per month, however there are often specials where you can get a $ 9.99 $ per month plan. There is one at the moment announced on the loading page although I am not sure if it still valid.

This is the announcement: http://www.lotro.com/news/674-party-in-middle-earth

If you have any interest in The Lord of the Rings and online games you should check it out. I have been playing for three years and I love it :)

Fyr

May 20, 2009
RelexCryo said:
Dude, I *HATE* it when programmers do that. Recognizing that thesese quests are stupid is not the same as removing them from the game. It is worse than not knowing these quests are stupid, since you are committing your crime with intent.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of lampshading. I thought it was pretty funny.

When you have as much content to put in as you do in an MMO you really have to explore every option to prevent things getting dull. Everybody will be annoyed by something, so just roll with whatever doesn't float your boat.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Lulzy's making them Rangers look bad :p
not that these 2 so far needed any help with that lol