Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 6

Mandella

Feb 24, 2010
matrix3509 said:
Thats how they get you with MMOs, they promise you great adventures, but all of the quests that are worth doing, you have to be in a group or at a super high level (which I am not). The only quests you can do by yourself are the extremely boring ones (i.e. protecting the farmers pig, protecting the beekeeper's bees, delivering mail, kill 10 wolves/spiders/toads/slugs/shrews/bears/goblinsAAAAAAUUUHHHGGGG WHEN DO I GET TO DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL!!!!!).
Matrix, you might want to roll something other than a hobbit for your first character then. The Shire newbie area is deliberately "mundane" to accentuate the security and lack of strife in that region of Middle Earth at the moment. They are worried about pies when the rest of the world is worried about being eaten by orcs. Get it?

The Dwarf, Human, Elf zones are much more fraught with "meaningful" violence from the early levels on. If you simply *must* play your warrior hobbit, just hang in there. You'll be immersed in violence soon enough (and get to witness the insanity of your three foot hobbit going one on one with twelve foot trolls)...

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
I almost choked when I read how the guy feared wild animals dishonouring the corpses of their men. Shows where my mind's at.
That means the animals might try to eat them you perv :p