Shamus Plays WoW #2: Toiling in the Kobold Mines

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays WoW #2: Toiling in the Kobold Mines

Who knew Kobolds came in such a wide variety of flavors? Other than Marshall McBride, obviously.

Read Full Article

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I love this! Putting real character into the let's plays is awesome, and it's definitely an improvement, to me, than the utter downer of idiocy the last LP was. (not on your part, on the games part.)

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Heheh. The thing I love about Let's Play is that it points out the complete nonsense that comprises most MMO "storylines."

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
I played the first couple levels of the human campaign, and it hit really close to home!

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Heh, loving this series of Shamus Plays. I've never played a human (For the Horde and all that jazz) but if it's anything like the Troll/Orc/Undead starting areas, well... I feel sorry for Gobstab. It's going to be a loooong road paved with facepalms.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
What if Eagan had said to you straight up, 'I collect animal pelts for a living. If you'll bring me the pelts of eight dangerous, disease-ridden wolves I'll give you these tiny shoes.' Would you have agreed to that?"

It's funny because that was the exact quest before they revised it (well, except the wolves weren't diseased, but wev).

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
I always wondered about the starting quests. "GO kill me 8 of those" GOOD! "Now kill me 12 of those and grab their collars" Perfect "now go fetch me this" But it's 10 feet away "I SAID GET IT!"

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
Heh.. it could be worse. In one quest for the Dwarves you are asked to go fetch a book from a dwarf in the library... Asked by another dwarf STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Within arm's reach.

The best I can figure they had an argument and this was one of those 'I'm not talking to HIM snit, but you tell him...' snits.

I look forward to more demon picking apart the idiocy of the human quest chains... there's so much material to work from.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I like this series! Reminds me of my first character back at release (well, a month after, during Christmas break) and I made a human mage.

Keep it up!

I definitely had doubts about McBride's competence :D

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
This post shows an appalling lack of research. Where is the journalistic integrity?

The Kobold Workers belong to the National Kobold Workers' Party, following Flzwump the Third, whose role in the Silver Age should be familiar to students of diminutive history.

The Kobold Laborers belong to the Kobold Labor National Party, which separated from the National Kobold Workers' Party following their controversial decision to establish amicable relations with the Northern People's Party for Kobold Unity.

The Kobold Peasants are a hereditary caste with an ancestral right to labor in the fields of the nobility, but not the mines or the forests.

Recent immigrants and children who have not yet become eligible to join one of the Kobold Local Underclass Unions are referred to simply as Kobolds.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
I can't help thinking of Nashkel when I see kobold and mine in the same sentence. Ah, the good old days. Gibbering, crazy mage casting spells at kobolds. Raving lunatic barbarian with a hampster hacking away at kobolds. Yup, better days.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009

Oooh! Is it cryptogram time? It's cryptogram time! (Clap clap.) Cryptogram time!

(...)

I'm thinking something dirty.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
The pelt skinner guy actually used to just ask you to collect pelts. Not entirely sure why they changed it, because it does make his name rather suspect.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Nothing more enjoyable on the internet then watching someone get screwed over.

..... or cute animals doing cute things.....

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
This makes me LOL so hard xD

I have a level 80 Warlock and I imagine his Voidwalker thinks very negatively of him.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
nekoali said:
Heh.. it could be worse. In one quest for the Dwarves you are asked to go fetch a book from a dwarf in the library... Asked by another dwarf STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Within arm's reach.

The best I can figure they had an argument and this was one of those 'I'm not talking to HIM snit, but you tell him...' snits.
It could be worse in darkshire a guy asks you to deliver a letter for him. He's standing outside a house, like right at the open door. To whom does he want you to deliver the letter you ask? TO THE GUY THAT WALKS IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE AND SOMETIMES STOPS FOR A CHAT WITH THE QUESTGIVER.