Shamus Plays WoW #7: The Cataclysm Begins!

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Urrgh. This just makes me jelous..
Play is still "Checking" my order for it. And I pre-ordered it, so you haven't got me there.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
I'm glad I didn't get sucked in to play this thing again with the coming of Cataclysm. I had anticipated at least a complete reworking of the old level 1-10 zones ? what with the hype of "rebuilding" the game and all that jazz. There's no way I'd want to go through getting little Billy his pie again, no way.
Please at least tell me that they streamlined Elwynn Forest a little bit. The running back and forth in that zone always bored me to pieces (not to mention running all the way from Westfall to Redridge a few levels later, what a damn pain that was).
It still looks like a lot of NPCs are just standing around, too. I realize it's a big gorram world to inhabit, but man if those generic MMO NPCs aren't unappealing as hell.

The demon in this comic really echoes a lot of stuff I thought when I played this mediocre game. Nice work, mr. Young. I'm enjoying it so far.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
DaxStrife said:
They kept the inbred farmer missions? Crap.
Yeah, but they moved Princess to the Maclure farmstead so you don't have to run for miles.

Things are pretty much the same until Westfall.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
That was... Damn, Shamus. I would've never thought of the quest that way. I guess I'm as dim as Norman :(

Also, I think the first picture is awesome. The dragon really does look nomnomnom'y