Shane Black Directing Predator Reboot - Update

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
With regards to the updated article...

Ha-ha!! My Predator fanboy faith has been rewarded! Huzzah and hooray!

:3

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Well, if they're doing another Predator movie, It's good to hear it's not going to be a flat-out reboot...though I am apprehensive about what it actually -will- be.

I'm not particularly fond of the "nobody asked for it" argument when it comes to criticisms. There's a lot of great stuff that was made that people didn't explicitly ASK for. I don't think anyone explicitly asked J.K. Rowling to start the Harry Potter book series, or explicitly asked Elvis Presley to go into music. That said, in the case of many franchise reboots, it is a legitimate criticism because it's often trying to fix what isn't broken and, ironically, breaking it. The Predator franchise isn't quite so played out that there's nowhere else for it to go. It has had some really idiotic installments (I'm looking at you, Aliens franchise crossover films) but the rest have been fun sci-fi action flicks. I don't see why another direct sequel couldn't be made; it's just a matter of coming up with a fresh spin on the concept, and the Predator-focused films have done a good job of that. The first one's a staple of the sci fi action genre, the second one took the titular predator to an urban setting and Predators (I'm pointedly shunning the two films in between...) took humans out of their own familiar environment and dropped them in the predators' metaphorical back yard. If they could find a new twist to put on things, I think it could work; they just don't need to scrap everything that's come before it.

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
I fist pumped so hard when I read the update that this is going to be a sequel! I approve of a sequel