Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Trailer

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

At least someone else thinks is weird Marvel keeps adding secret shadow organizations that have secretly run the world for years. Its a wonder the Avengers ever managed to get together when everyone was a evil ninja.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Be careful what you wish for. I was asking how this could be different than better movies that had Jett Li, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, etc. that already did that sort of thing better than anything I thought Marvel could do. Well, the bus scene was the closest to a good scene in that movie. When I got all the CGI and over the top stuff I was praying for it all to end so I could go home.

And
I hate movies that end with a boss battle where the good guy hits the bad guy harder, more often, longer so that he, rather than the bad guy, wins. Dull. I like something clever like the 007 vs Odd Job, end of Superman II, Doc Strange vs. Dormamu. While Chi didn't punch the giant soul sucker, he did just "hit" him harder than he did back at Chi. And won.

Some in this thread speak of entire other teams completing Marvel movies in ways that can be disjointed and break the narrative. Sounds likely. I've heard Black Widow action scenes were like that and compared with the story line, made no sense. Knowing that, I really don't know if I ever want to see another one again. At least not in the theater if I'm spending real time and money. Give me an interesting indy movie that has something to say, like, "Upgrade" (2018: $3 million budget) over a $200ish million dollar meh mess like Shang Chi any day.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I didn't realize this when I saw it, maybe some little Easter egg I missed, but when Shang-Chi goes to get his sister, they go to Madripoor, same place Sharon Carter was set up as the Power Broker.
And now that the sister is the head of the Ten Rings, five bucks says we know who Sharon was talking to at the end of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

And that connection is how you get Sam, Bucky and Shang-Chi in the same room for the next Avengers movie.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I didn't realize this when I saw it, maybe some little Easter egg I missed, but when Shang-Chi goes to get his sister, they go to Madripoor, same place Sharon Carter was set up as the Power Broker.
And now that the sister is the head of the Ten Rings, five bucks says we know who Sharon was talking to at the end of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

And that connection is how you get Sam, Bucky and Shang-Chi in the same room for the next Avengers movie.
Continuities and call backs are tight!

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Continuities and call backs are tight!
I agree. I love calls back and continuity and this form of story telling, world building. Also I think wondering about implication using actual lore from the movies is head and shoulders better than the wild speculation of "Keanu Reeves says he's not in Thor 4. Clearly he's lying so NEO IS IN THE MCU CONFIRMED!" that so many Youtube channels engage in.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
the wild speculation of "Keanu Reeves says he's not in Thor 4. Clearly he's lying so NEO IS IN THE MCU CONFIRMED!" that so many Youtube channels engage in.
Like I said before, don't pay those channels any attention. Do they show up on your YT feed? I had that happen sometimes in the mid 2010s, but learned to put anything on not interested or ignore. Just keep doing that. Now if you go out of your way to search for them, then we have a bigger problem.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Like I said before, don't pay those channels any attention. Do they show up on your YT feed? I had that happen sometimes in the mid 2010s, but learned to put anything on not interested or ignore. Just keep doing that. Now if you go out of your way to search for them, then we have a bigger problem.
I don't seek them out, but I do like Marvel reaction videos, to trailers or some of the TV shows or the Avengers Assemble scene in Endgame, and the algorithm Gods have decreed that other people who watch that content also watch lore breakdown and speculation videos, therefore I must as well.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I think the destination Shang-Chi states before catching the flight is Macau, not Madripoor.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I think the destination Shang-Chi states before catching the flight is Macau, not Madripoor.
See I thought so too, but I watched this "Watched Shang chi at half speed and noticed this" and apparently the city they're in flies the Madripoor flag, and its on the walls in the fight rooms.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't seek them out, but I do like Marvel reaction videos, to trailers or some of the TV shows or the Avengers Assemble scene in Endgame, and the algorithm Gods have decreed that other people who watch that content also watch lore breakdown and speculation videos, therefore I must as well.
Those videos you don't like, watch them in incognito mode. They won't show up your on your feed on the regular side of the web page. That will prevent those recommendations.

Last edited: