Share some things that make you smile!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am a Filipino, who lives in the Philippines. Recently, a movement started among Filipino-Americans (or just Filipinos living in the US) to try and get into this gender neutral terms bullshit.

They want us to refer to ourselves as "Filipinx". Which sounds dumb as hell, but they took it a step even further. We call our Aunts and Uncles Titas and Titos respectively. These Fil-Ams now want us to use Tite, which is supposedly patterned after what the Latino people are doing.

In our language, Tite means penis. Its more of a slang word, so I guess dick might be a better translation. I have no idea why they don't know this, but its fucking hilarious. They expect us to go up to our elders and address them as Dick Candy or Penis Dick (two actual relatives of mine).
I completely forgot to add the last layer of ridiculousness to this story: our language is ALREADY gender neutral. The Tita and Tito thing came from our Spanish colonizers. So these Filipinx folk are not only ignorant, but blatantly doing this for the woke aesthetic.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
>_> I swear I didn't use to do this kind of thing at all when I was in school.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Quit my job recently. I'm still in all of the relevant whatsapp groups but I have them muted. I like to check in every now and then to see them freak out trying to fix problems I used to deal with daily without a word.

I was a senior manager and head trainer for a chain of coffee shops but did a lot of general admin too. They've been kind of pushing a lot of the management out so they can just have lower paid staff on the payroll because they're milking Covid for all it's worth and only had to pay the lower paid staff members like €100 a week and the government subsidy covered the rest. They had me managing a store doing hours that we're outside of what I was contracted for because they couldn't justify having me in my actual role. Basically nobody knew how many plates I had spinning at once because I just shut the fuck up and did my job so they just assumed my job must be easy. Told them to shove it and now nobody there knows how to do my job. Meanwhile I got a much easier one with slightly less pay but it's next to my apartment so I save a fortune not having to commute.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Seeing the cancer that are forum games quarantined made me smile... a bit.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Now, I haven't actually seen the movie but if I had to guess;

EDIT: On the subject of "noise turns into other noise":
Lol.. Makes you wonder if they didn't come up with the sounds for the air raid sirens from some guys kid's sounds.. The guy choosing this was like "Oh yea THAT is the one that keeps me awake at night every night since he was born! NOW everyone gets to be tortured by it! If this doesn't get their attention, NOTHING will! HAHA!"

Reactions: gorfias

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Lol.. Makes you wonder if they didn't come up with the sounds for the air raid sirens from some guys kid's sounds.. The guy choosing this was like "Oh yea THAT is the one that keeps me awake at night every night since he was born! NOW everyone gets to be tortured by it! If this doesn't get their attention, NOTHING will! HAHA!"

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Baby's sex is demon of hatred.