Share some things that make you smile!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Like a previous post... work, funnily enough.

I've been offered (and gladly accepted said offer) to be a writer-on-retainer for a games company who's IP I really enjoy. The missus didn't really get why I was so giddy, but yeah, colour me happy. Another step towards that vaunted, if nonetheless childish, dream.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
My friend was taking an Uber, and during his ride, the driver received a notification that her tax refund had been deposited into her bank account, and she quit on the spot, literally told my friend to get out of her car immediately. He stood on the curb dumbfounded, and called another Uber to complete his trip.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
My friend was taking an Uber, and during his ride, the driver received a notification that her tax refund had been deposited into her bank account, and she quit on the spot, literally told my friend to get out of her car immediately. He stood on the curb dumbfounded, and called another Uber to complete his trip.
...what the fuck tax bracket was she in where she could quit on the spot due to a refund?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
...what the fuck tax bracket was she in where she could quit on the spot due to a refund?
Dude, I have no idea. Tax season brings out the ignorant for whom a few hundred or a couple thousand "free" dollars feels like hitting the lottery.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
People were quick to dismiss it when this went up for auction, but now the guy who bought it is doing some preliminary inspections -

Gotta love his enthusiasm for what looks to be a pretty steep passion project (and hearing power creep back into an aircraft after forty years of dormancy is pretty neat. Hopefully he follows through on it.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Am a lil addicted to them dumbass AI generated presidents gamer kerfuffles of late. Might see how long I can replace seeing the actual depressing news with just watching these. Likely gonna last 2 days, tops.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
And why did she need an Uber job in the first place if it’s that good. Me thinks it’s the opposite, and she’ll be looking for another Uber stint in a couple months or so.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
People were quick to dismiss it when this went up for auction, but now the guy who bought it is doing some preliminary inspections -

Gotta love his enthusiasm for what looks to be a pretty steep passion project (and hearing power creep back into an aircraft after forty years of dormancy is pretty neat. Hopefully he follows through on it.
Update, how much it’s gonna cost -

FFS I knew planes weren’t cheap but
1678307231237.jpeg