Share some things that make you smile!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well the future has decided to just show up unannounced, and now we have people-sized personal drones;

Probably noisy as all hell, but that looks so fun.
People are too stupid to handle driving in two dimensions. The last thing we need is to give them a third to worry about.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
People are too stupid to handle driving in two dimensions. The last thing we need is to give them a third to worry about.
^THIS 100%. Flying cars may look cool in sci-fi, but in reality, commuting anywhere would be utter chaos. Nah, technological advancement needs leave these idiots on the ground.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This past weekend, we had a visit from my girlfriend's brother, his girlfriend and her son. Her son is only 10, on the spectrum for autism, with more than a splash of ADHD. When he learned I share a name with an iconic videogame character he loves, he decided we were best friends. As soon as they got here, we (the adults) tried to settle in with some cocktails while we'd arranged for the son to watch his Pokemon movies in the living room. Well, he wanted my attention, and asked me to watch the movie with him. I obliged. I told him I didn't know anything about Pokemon, and he proceed to pace the room frantically "bringing me up to speed" on Pokemon with all the enthusiasm of a hummingbird who can't finish a sentence without getting distracted by another thought. I entertained this behavior for about... an HOUR. I was finally rescued by his mom who finally realized I was being held captive by a Pokemon fanatic who wouldn't shut up. Nice kid, but all I know about Pokemon now is that I HATE them.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
You know, I can't help but respect this kind of chaotic energy.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, why else do you think everyone in that world enslaves them?
I know you gotta "catch 'em all," but I think they're leaving out the part about tossing the captures into a furnace.

I swear, this kid who couldn't stay on a single train of thought for longer than 14 seconds must have rattled off no fewer than 30-40 different Pokemon "educating" me. He was literally and figuratively all over the place. I found myself asking him questions about specific Pokemon he'd mention just to at least to try and keep him on a single thread of thinking, but nope; he'd derail within seconds talking about yet another Pokemon, as well as several he made up. I shared it in the "things that make you smile" thread because it was pretty cute and entertaining for its pure absurdity. According to him there are 9,000 Pokemon. I don't think it's quite that high, but when a kid grabs you by the face and squeals out of excitement over discussing his beloved creatures, you don't argue.

Oh, he also made me watch him play Bayonetta on his Switch, insisting I focus back on his game every time I turned away to take even a breath. I like kids, but even happier I don't have any.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler