Share some things that make you smile!

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Even if you don't like Vtubers or aren't interested in them. I think you should look at this clip just to see how much power the talents at Hololive have without even trying.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I feel like the "non-human entities cannot benefit from copyright" thing was already settled in the US court system more than once. The first instance I remember is the monkey that took a selfie.

What I want to know is how copyright applies to thing written by dead people long after they died. Sarah Taylor Shatford was a psychic who claimed to be contactinf famous dead authors and getting them to write new stuff. If we are to believe that, I think that's out of copyright before it was written, in the case of the long dead.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
What I want to know is how copyright applies to thing written by dead people long after they died. Sarah Taylor Shatford was a psychic who claimed to be contactinf famous dead authors and getting them to write new stuff. If we are to believe that, I think that's out of copyright before it was written, in the case of the long dead.
I think there's probably a point where the ability to verify whether something is true or not comes into play. In that particular case, I imagine you could make the argument that even if what she claimed WAS true, that there's no real way to verify it and so they'd just treat it as if she wrote it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I think there's probably a point where the ability to verify whether something is true or not comes into play. In that particular case, I imagine you could make the argument that even if what she claimed WAS true, that there's no real way to verify it and so they'd just treat it as if she wrote it.
In that case, though, if she's lying it's a crime to pirate her stuff, but if you believe she's genuine you can access it for free. :unsure:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

It's a rather good point. I wonder if the future will go a different direction from what we constantly see in more modern sci-fi and if perhaps the "older" styles will turn out to be much more common than people assumed. You probably will want A touchscreen to deal with more finicky details in specific situations, but most of the controls might just be good old analog.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

It's a rather good point. I wonder if the future will go a different direction from what we constantly see in more modern sci-fi and if perhaps the "older" styles will turn out to be much more common than people assumed. You probably will want A touchscreen to deal with more finicky details in specific situations, but most of the controls might just be good old analog.
It depends on where and what, but there is value in tactile feedback based controls for vehicles because as the tweet says, you can use them blind and still know what you’re doing OR requires only the quickest of glances to figure out.

In fact I’ve always wondered why electric cars have so much shit controlled electrically when mechanical versions would mean less drain on the battery.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
It depends on where and what, but there is value in tactile feedback based controls for vehicles because as the tweet says, you can use them blind and still know what you’re doing OR requires only the quickest of glances to figure out.

In fact I’ve always wondered why electric cars have so much shit controlled electrically when mechanical versions would mean less drain on the battery.
I still find the more superior innovation for the car I use to be that I can switch songs by pressing an analog button on my steering wheel.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I still find the more superior innovation for the car I use to be that I can switch songs by pressing an analog button on my steering wheel.
I recall that being basically being one of the first things to be big once CD players became common in cars. And in my wife’s Commodore, that same button will do the same to an iPod/iPhone that’s connected.