Share some things that make you smile!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
The site I was working yesterday was in Woodlands Town Center, the mall of the area I'm moving to this weekend. Along a riverwalk, there is a Mexican kitchen, Irish pub, steakhouse, under construction oyster bar, and pizzeria. It's like the place made itself to my tastes (although it's all so chic it'd be murder for my wallet to actually eat around there :ROFLMAO: ).

Reactions: gorfias

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The site I was working yesterday was in Woodlands Town Center, the mall of the area I'm moving to this weekend. Along a riverwalk, there is a Mexican kitchen, Irish pub, steakhouse, under construction oyster bar, and pizzeria. It's like the place made itself to my tastes (although it's all so chic it'd be murder for my wallet to actually eat around there :ROFLMAO: ).
SO what you are saying is that the Evil Data Collectors market research on their target audience was actually successful in their pursuit to empty your wallet? XD

Reactions: SupahEwok

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
SO what you are saying is that the Evil Data Collectors market research on their target audience was actually successful in their pursuit to empty your wallet? XD
I'm gonna be so busy studying for my grad degree and licenses that I probably won't even have time to patronize those establishments except as a once a month treat!

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm gonna be so busy studying for my grad degree and licenses that I probably won't even have time to patronize those establishments except as a once a month treat!
Unless you get takeout to eat WHILE you study, or decide to study AT the establishment... They always find a way to wiggle themselves in when you are driving by. HAHA!

I mean who has time to cook while studying? XD

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I mean who has time to cook while studying? XD
And that's how I hit 270 lbs >.<

I took the pandemic as an opportunity to turn things around with my nutrition, I weighed in at 243 this morning. Working outside is giving me some exercise, but I have to start some push ups or something soon and make it a habit, cuz my lean body weight is going down as well as my fat %age. Gotta preserve them muscles.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
What are you studying in?
My undergraduate was called Geographic Information Science, although in practice it substituted most of the geography theory for classes in land surveying, the practice of distance measurements. GIS encompasses a lot of stuff: digitized cartography, spatial databases, web apps, data analysis of spatial problems.

My graduate I think is called Geospatial Systems Engineering ("think" because its changed its name once). It has two tracks; I'm on the UAS (drone) Technology track. It focuses on analysis of imagery, photogrammety (the practice of using photos for physical measurements), lidar (laser scans for 3D models), and AI applications to geospatial problems.

My job is a traditional land surveying job, and I work as a fieldhand right now using tools to take distance and elevation measurements, sometimes of property or utility easement boundaries for legal disputes, sometimes for construction layout for engineering. After half a year, I'll come into the office, and learn how to turn those measurements into working documents, plats and maps, with AutoCAD.

I'm this company's first certified drone pilot, so eventually I'll also be flying and handling the data processing for any aerial survey jobs we take a contract for.

My eventual ambition is to be a geospatial engineer, equally capable of overseeing a land survey, integrating aerial imagery and laser scans into the project, and uploading the data into an internal spatial database which manages and makes a map of all the data for all of the company's projects.

Sorry for the long answer, but I purposefully am aiming for a cross-disciplinary skillset both out of interest in each subject, and out of ambition to be a premier project manager (people usually specialize in just one of these subjects), so it's difficult for an answer to be both concise and accurate, especially since most people don't know anything about most of what I study so at this point I pre-emptively explain it.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
My undergraduate was called Geographic Information Science, although in practice it substituted most of the geography theory for classes in land surveying, the practice of distance measurements. GIS encompasses a lot of stuff: digitized cartography, spatial databases, web apps, data analysis of spatial problems.

My graduate I think is called Geospatial Systems Engineering ("think" because its changed its name once). It has two tracks; I'm on the UAS (drone) Technology track. It focuses on analysis of imagery, photogrammety (the practice of using photos for physical measurements), lidar (laser scans for 3D models), and AI applications to geospatial problems.

My job is a traditional land surveying job, and I work as a fieldhand right now using tools to take distance and elevation measurements, sometimes of property or utility easement boundaries for legal disputes, sometimes for construction layout for engineering. After half a year, I'll come into the office, and learn how to turn those measurements into working documents, plats and maps, with AutoCAD.

I'm this company's first certified drone pilot, so eventually I'll also be flying and handling the data processing for any aerial survey jobs we take a contract for.

My eventual ambition is to be a geospatial engineer, equally capable of overseeing a land survey, integrating aerial imagery and laser scans into the project, and uploading the data into an internal spatial database which manages and makes a map of all the data for all of the company's projects.

Sorry for the long answer, but I purposefully am aiming for a cross-disciplinary skillset both out of interest in each subject, and out of ambition to be a premier project manager (people usually specialize in just one of these subjects), so it's difficult for an answer to be both concise and accurate, especially since most people don't know anything about most of what I study so at this point I pre-emptively explain it.
I would hardly have any grounds to complain about someone else not being concise and accurate. And I also find all of that very fascinating, thanks for sharing.