Share some things that make you smile!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My favorite fish and chicken restaurant has opened back up again. J.J's Fish & Chicken for those wondering. Apparently they've re-opened since August 2020. I wish I knew sooner. I bought some food from them last Sunday for my dinner. Now I don't have to go to Captain Jays anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I mean, it's cute and all, except for the whole "portraying a predator retail company that doesn't give a shit about children and only wants to milk every dollar from them, even at the risk of spreading a global plague" in the role of "loveable caretaker"
I have some very happy memories of dealing with Funco La... I mean Gamestop. For a long time, they did offer great deals before digital was really a thing for consoles. But in the last several years, they started selling used games for $55 rather than $60? I haven't bought any hardware from them since the original Xbox.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I have some very happy memories of dealing with Funco La... I mean Gamestop. For a long time, they did offer great deals before digital was really a thing for consoles. But in the last several years, they started selling used games for $55 rather than $60? I haven't bought any hardware from them since the original Xbox.
Yeah, say what you want about GameStop nowadays, but it was a place of happiness for a lot of us in our youth. It wasn't until we grew into the cynicism of adulthood and responsibility for our own money that we saw it for the "business" it is. Even then, as someone who rarely fell victim to their practice of "buying low, selling high" (I pride myself on having kept almost every game I ever bought,) they never really bothered me as much as the upstream face of the industry which has become overtly predatory with little to show in return.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Super Hyper Ultra Ultimate Deluxe Perfect Amazing Shining God 流派東方不敗 Master Freedom Justice Ginga Victory Prime Strong Cute Beautiful Wonderful Champion Galaxy Baby 最高 勇者王 天元突破 無限 無敵 無双 NENEMAXMAXMAXSTORONG NENECHI! is too cute.