Share the most intense, powerful music you know.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
I want to make a playlist out of them. Please share your favorite intense songs/pieces.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Stevato said:
Give it a listen :)

No way. No way. I saw a thread with 1 reply and this title, and I think "This is an excellent opportunity for me to share the genius of Devin Townsend again", and that one reply is this. Weeeird.

OT: I'll contribute to the thread with some of this, then.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Moonsorrows V: Hävitetty is very epic and powerful, maybe not really intense but worth a listen if you can handle songs that are half an hour long.

Stevato

Oct 3, 2008
Klumpfot said:
No way. No way. I saw a thread with 1 reply and this title, and I think "This is an excellent opportunity for me to share the genius of Devin Townsend again", and that one reply is this. Weeeird.

OT: I'll contribute to the thread with some of this, then.
Very good choice with Carcass. I just remembered this beauty from Mr. Amott though

Lionsfan1986

Oct 20, 2008
Edvard Grieg: Death of Asa
Beethoven: Symphony No. 7 in A Major Op 92. Allegretto
Moonlight Sonata
Lucia Micarelli: Nocturne - Bohemian Rhapsody (Trust me)
Linkin Park: In the End
Crawling
Somewhere I Belong
Easier Run
Breaking the Habit
George Harrison: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Jethro Tull: We use to know
To Cry you a song
With you there to help
My God
The Chequered Flag (Dead or Alive)
Led Zepplin: No Quarter
Metallica: Nothing else Matters
The Doors: People are Strange
The End

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Crank this, or wear headphones and give it a listen. I can't think of something that is more "epic" sounding. Pretty sure this was like the 1920's version of metal.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Someone already took my post of Night on Bald Mountain, but this piece right here is pretty badass too.

EDIT: This one is pretty awesome too.

TiloXofXTanto

Aug 18, 2010
Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by intense and powerful, since all songs have potential to be rather powerful, if they are associated with any number of events or circumstances, and intense is a vague term that means nothing without another adjective.

So I'm just gonna throw this here and laugh at the people laughing at me for misunderstanding your request.

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
Beethoven's Symphony no. 9. The embedded video is just the first one I found on youtube, but I don't guarantee it to be the best performance, because I haven't listened to the whole thing. The version I'm currently most fond of is the CSO with Sir Georg Solti: it's perhaps more bombastic than Beethoven had originally written it - sounding more like a romantic era composition than classical - but somehow I think this is what Beethoven would have wanted. Look it up, but for now:

It sounds...like life.

Edit: It also occurs to me that in terms of the emotions it evokes, I should also mention Yuki Kajiura's Decretum. It's a great piece, though for me the power lies more in the memories it evokes of the series that it's from. I can't help but think of certain things that happened in that series when I hear this.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
One of the most obvious choices:
This one doesn't start cranking up until about 4 and a half minutes in, but when it does, watch out:
The long build up is worth it for this one:

Those are my choices. A bit obvious, but what the heck. I never claimed to want to defy the norm, why start now?