Sharks Create Golf's Most Dangerous Water Hazard

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Sharks Create Golf's Most Dangerous Water Hazard

[yahoo=26871728 width=350]​

What's next? Stocking the sand traps with rattlesnakes?

When it comes to golf resorts, the most dangerous thing about them tends to be whether or not your bank account can actually handle dinner at the clubhouse. That said, the Carbrook Golf Club down in Australia sounds like something out of a James Bond movie: it currently has some man-eating livestock hanging out next to the green.

It turns out that a group of bullsharks are living in a water hazard on the 14th tee. The sharks wound up visiting the course a couple of years ago, after a river broke its banks and flooded the course. some of the sharks managed to get stuck in the hazard when the floodwaters receded; the sharks have managed to thrive in the environment and even breed.

Speaking to Sky News, the club's general manager Scott Wagstaff explained, "There's no drama, it's become a positive thing for the golf course. They are amazing. I've become a shark lover since working here ... I'm sure they are aggressive when you are in the water but when you are out here feeding them they are beautiful to watch."

Unfortunately, the sharks don't terrorize course visitors. In fact, golfers reportedly like to pause their game and watch for fins breaking the surface. There's even a monthly tournament themed around the toothy residents called "Shark Lake Challenge." Nobody's admitting to this, but I like to believe that tournament's winner gets to toss an unlucky tourist into the lake while holding a bucket of chum.

Source: <a href=http://uk.news.yahoo.com/killer-sharks-invade-golf-course-oz-012405533.html>Yahoo News

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'd golf there, and I can't even golf.

I propose a law that requires every 18 hole golf course to include exotic aquatic fauna in at least one prominent water hazard.

DarkishFriend

Sep 19, 2011
Seems like an awesome attraction and a bad idea at the same time. The Bull is usually at the top 5 most dangerous to humans.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
I used to play there! There were no sharks back then though, thank christ, I'm a clumsy ****.

Findlebob

Mar 24, 2011
This has to be one of the most lucky breaks the manager will ever get. True it makes luke matinance a ***** but frankly id go play gold their just to see them.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I take it they must had some fishs in those water in the first place to had increase their numbers?
I wonder how long til we get a headline of an idiot golfer loosing his/ her hand for trying to get his/ her golfball out of those waters?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Nobody's admitting to this, but I like to believe that tournament's winner gets to toss an unlucky tourist into the lake while holding a bucket of chum.
You are not the only one who believes and hopes that this is the case. :D

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
You know, I've been studying abroad in Australia for the past four months and after getting to know the land and the culture...this doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I'm amazed that they didn't already try and put some sort of dangerous animal hazard on a gold course already. Maybe they'll put Cassowarys on the fairway next?

hjbgbhrm8k

Aug 25, 2010
At least those sharks will never leave the water. Several golf courses in Florida have alligators in their ponds/streams. You never want to have your back to the water when you are getting ready to take a swing at those places.