Sharks Guard World's First Xbox One

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
Sand Tiger Sharks are generally placid and present only a minimal threat to human beings.

However, after being exposed to Call of Duty Multiplayer, delivered via the medium of an installed Xbox One, the sharks demonstrated a rapid and uncontrolled increase in aggression towards all living things. It should be noted that their ire would be directed most virulently against teenage and pre-teen human males. Whilst the test was originally slated to last for three months, on the seventh day the New Zealand Airforce was forced to carpet bomb the site after the sharks staged an apparent coup and began systematically devouring individuals both inside and outside the building, having seemingly mastered the power of flight. The total death toll has yet to be calculated and the remains of at least one of the twenty sharks remains unaccounted for.

A Microsoft representative was unavailable for comment.
I'd pay big money for a shark to call me a fag after he killed me in CoD. A story I could tell my grandkids one day.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
tangoprime said:
You misunderstand- the sharks aren't there to protect the Xbox One from the public. They're there to protect the public from the Xbox One, like the prison they put Magneto in, except underwater and surrounded by sharks.
Occasionally the Nintendo 64 comes to visit and they play pong.

I'd love to see someone steal it and replace it with a VCR.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Promotional stunt? Or... Microsoft testing a replacement for the 24hr DRM?

"No one will pirate our games while playing underwater and surrounded by sharks!"

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
MinionJoe said:
That's not a real X-Box One. Microsoft has said again and again that the XB1 requires Kinect. And there's no Kinect in that waterproof box.
Damn, that made me laugh good.

More on topic, I kinda fail to see the point in this marketing.

Rutskarn

Feb 20, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
After a daring, Ocean's 11 style raid, a band of eager gamers opens up the box to discover the Xbox One is in fact a mimic octopus.
In lieu of any "thumbs up" system to simply and concisely mark approval of a comment, I'll just leave one of my own saying that I found this amusing.

If I were a console partisan, I'd probably also make a joke about mimic octopus skin having a higher resolution.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
tangoprime said:
You misunderstand- the sharks aren't there to protect the Xbox One from the public. They're there to protect the public from the Xbox One, like the prison they put Magneto in, except underwater and surrounded by sharks.
I will admit, i had a very good laugh at this. I in turn, give you the highest honour i can grant. Praise from an internet stranger!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Somethingfake said:
They were going to provide specially adapted controllers for the sharks, but they've just annouced that the shark adapated controllers wont be available for launch.
arent sharks supposed to do everything with voice commands anyway?

Chessrook44 said:
So what happens if the box leaks?
Sharks get electrocuted because Xbox is ALWAYS ON.

fix-the-spade said:
Sand Tiger Sharks are generally placid and present only a minimal threat to human beings.

However, after being exposed to Call of Duty Multiplayer, delivered via the medium of an installed Xbox One, the sharks demonstrated a rapid and uncontrolled increase in aggression towards all living things. It should be noted that their ire would be directed most virulently against teenage and pre-teen human males. Whilst the test was originally slated to last for three months, on the seventh day the New Zealand Airforce was forced to carpet bomb the site after the sharks staged an apparent coup and began systematically devouring individuals both inside and outside the building, having seemingly mastered the power of flight. The total death toll has yet to be calculated and the remains of at least one of the twenty sharks remains unaccounted for.

A Microsoft representative was unavailable for comment.
This was more interesting than the article itself.