shin megami tensei-the art of making you feel pain

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
i have been a fan of the series for a long time and have to say that when it comes to rpgs trying to kill you they got it down...
insanely hard enemies,restricted resources,punishing boss fights i only suggest this series to the determined

DanielPowell33

Jun 9, 2009
Nope, I've got no idea what your talking about.

Best to assume there will always be some people who don't when making a thread, and provide more info.

I was intrigued by the title of the thread, expecting some kind of Japanese karate thing....

delet

Nov 2, 2008
No, not really. Care to give examples as to why you hate this particular game?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Whosawhatnow?

Heard of the series, somehow got possession of a few as well. Never bothered to play them yet.

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
Aby_Z said:
like to point out i dont hate the series and i was bringing attention to the series as a whole from the games on super(need roms with translation patch) to the currents nocturne,digital devil saga,devil survivor,persona hince why this thread is pointed to people who know what Shin megami tensei is

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
So this game has mastered the art of having enemies in it? Is that what you're trying to say? Or are you saying it depresses you?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
like to point out i dont hate the series and i was bringing attention to the series as a whole from the games on super(need roms with translation patch) to the currents nocturne,digital devil saga,devil survivor,persona hince why this thread is pointed to people who know what Shin megami tensei is
Cool... Now doncha think it'd be a lot easier, and perhaps that you may even gain even more discussion within this thread if you had said a better thought out and more grammatically correct version of that?

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
Dr. Whiggs said:
So this game has mastered the art of having enemies in it? Is that what you're trying to say? Or are you saying it depresses you?
difficult enemies,restricted resources, its fun yet hard im sorry its to hard for you people to grasp without me typing out a glossary and intricate backstory and game detail if you dont know what it is dont post lol

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
Aby_Z said:
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
Cool... Now doncha think it'd be a lot easier, and perhaps that you may even gain even more discussion within this thread if you had said a better thought out and more grammatically correct version of that?
i think it would be easier if people like you would stop going around nit picking other peoples posts they have no stock in

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
i think it would be easier if people like you would stop going around nit picking other peoples posts they have no stock in
I think it'd be easier if people like you would think your posts out a little more beforehand to keep arguments and confusion like this from happening.

DanielPowell33

Jun 9, 2009
Dracovec said:
im sorry its to hard for you people to grasp without me typing out a glossary and intricate backstory and game detail if you dont know what it is dont post lol
You don't have to make a super long post giving all the info about the game, but a short summary would be nice.

and you asked,
Dracovec said:
anyone know what im saying lol
so don't tell us not to post.

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
Aby_Z said:
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
I think it'd be easier if people like you would think your posts out a little more beforehand to keep arguments and confusion like this from happening.
once again if you know what the series is then there is no confusion

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
DanielPowell33 said:
Dracovec said:
im sorry its to hard for you people to grasp without me typing out a glossary and intricate backstory and game detail if you dont know what it is dont post lol
You don't have to make a super long post giving all the info about the game, but a short summary would be nice.

and you asked,
Dracovec said:
anyone know what im saying lol
so don't tell us not to post.
its a series of games with mostly unrelated stories and different systems from a post aimed at people who know the series

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aby_Z said:
I think he is talking about the Dark and down right Depressing story's the games have in the series.
I think...

OT: If that's what you are talking about then yea i know what you mean, haven't played any myself but i have seen playthroughs and read some of the story's, they do get painful.

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
I've read all of your posts in this thread and the one (1) post actually dealing with the content of the game simply states "Shin Megami Tensei is a game like many hundreds of others, you know what I mean lol."

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
Dracovec said:
Aby_Z said:
once again if you know what the series is then there is no confusion
Welp, that's not the case. Next time, I'd advise adding a little more to your post to keep confusion like this and keep the both of us from having to argue like this.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a a cat to pet.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
*Gets out encryptor*

Hmm... I think it's about how the games are really tough, and will often kill you. But I'm not quite sure...

If that is what this is about, then yes. The games are quite challenging.

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
fine sorry about the thread,im sorry none of you know the series,also sorry i wont explain it cause i was expecting people who have played the series to post about the games...if you wanna know play the games im done lol