Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Has anyone here ever caught one? What was it? How long did it take? How did it feel? :D

I've been trying to get a shiny Rayquaza but it's taking a while.

I don't know if it matters or not, but if you leave the room then re-enter, does it affect your chances of it being a shiny? Because I got bored of resetting for the Rayquaza, so I went off, did some stuff, now I'm back again trying.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Shiny Mewtu in Fire red. Was a case of supreme poke-luck.
Approached it to capture it and BAM shiny.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Has anyone here ever caught one? What was it? How long did it take? How did it feel? :D

I don't know if it matters or not, but if you leave the room then re-enter, does it affect your chances of it being a shiny? Because I got bored of resetting for the Rayquaza, so I went off, did some stuff, now I'm back again trying.
Chances are unfathomably low (1/8192) I say don't bother, hell, I got a shiny Raichu and I barely noticed (plus, the shiny one looks worse)
Here, this should help!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method
A shiny Rayquaza though...If you are hell bent on getting one, prepare for an uncountable amount of soft resets...
The Masuda method only works for breeding things... I've been trying to get Rayquaza for months... it's...TOO LATE TO STOP NOW!!

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Chances are unfathomably low (1/8192) I say don't bother, hell, I got a shiny Raichu and I barely noticed (plus, the shiny one looks worse)
Here, this should help!
A shiny Rayquaza though...If you are hell bent on getting one, prepare for an uncountable amount of soft resets...
The Masuda method only works for breeding things... I've been trying to get Rayquaza for months... it's...TOO LATE TO STOP NOW!!
Like I said, 1/8192 RANDOM! Encountering one in the wild during hundreds of hours of gameplay is exceedingly rare as it is...purposely finding one is almost impossible.
Also the difference is very little.

Or is it the principle of the matter?
Well I think it looks better, I get bragging rights amongst friends, and I think it to be quite special to own one.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Shiny Darkrai in Pokemon Pearl, I literally shit myself when I saw it.

I used my master ball because it was too risky if any of my Pokemon attacked the thing.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I came across a Shiny Articuno is Soul Silver. After a half hour long conflict in which I failed to catch it the dumbass used struggle and ended up KO'ing itself.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Here, this should help!
Shiny Rayquaza is the only shiny legendary I ever got. I feel kinda bad for saying this, as I got it the first time I ever captured it, on Sapphire Version. Didn't even realise black was the shiny version until I looked in the Pokedex and said "Wait, that's green!" I guess I used up all my luck, though, as that's the only shiny Pokemon I've ever randomly encountered.

But still, Shiny Rayquaza. Not sure where I left it; I think it's currently in residence on either my Diamond or Platinum cartridge.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Huh, I never knew you could legitimately get shiny legendaries. Only shinies I ever got (legitimately) were red gyarydos, a shiny Linoone, a shiny tentacool and a shiny gible.

Captcha: Mind the gap

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I've played the games since they first hit the Western market, and I have seen only one shiny Pokemon: a shiny Hoot-Hoot.

I didn't realised until I saw my second Hoot-Hoot that the first was the shiny, so I went nuts thinking I'd caught two shiny Hoot-Hoot one after the other. Then it hit me and I became the sad and broken man before you.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Ugh the only shiny I've ever encountered was an Oddish and it fled Q_Q If you managed to get your hands on this shiny Rayquaza you would be a god among Pokemon trainers.

Btw holy crap your profile picture is awesome, and keep all these Pokemon threads coming! :D

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
I once caught a shiny Machop but didn't understand the concept of shinyness, and I already had one so I released it. Caught a few since then - a Zubat, Gligar and Sandile that I remember, but I think there are others.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I caught a shiny Origin forme Giratina in Platinum. I was using the soft reset too and on the third time BAM! Shiny Giratina.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
I heard about guys who do that. Takes about 80000 soft resets, 2-3 months to acquire it without knowing how many hours per day they do this. Leaving the room won't matter, just soft-reset spam with every failed-shiny if you want one.
Or cheat.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
The only shiny I ever caught was a pidgey; so not all that impressive.

I was aware that shiny legendaries exist, but I think the chances of catching them are so microscopically small that I don't have the patience to bother.

Best of luck to you though.