Shogo: Mobile Armor Division- Less Than Mechcellent

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
SirBryghtside said:
I've always been kind of interested in this game - it was part of a three game collection my dad bought when I was a kid, but he misplaced the disc before I ever had a chance to play it. Kinda sucks that it doesn't hold up, but oh well.

Also, slightly off-topic, but are you planning on reviewing any of the older Elder Scrolls games? It's the 20th anniversary of Arena's release this month, so it'd be relevant - just an idea :)
As much as I'd love to, I do these in cooperation with GOG and they don't have any of the Elder Scrolls titles in their catalog.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I loved Shogo... Maybe that's just because I played it when it was new and stuff, but yeah, I found the humour and action to both be thoroughly enjoyable, the game doesn't take itself seriously at all.

I mean, when you step on people in the "mechs" it sprays like 1000x more blood outa the suckers than a body could realistically hold, you can paint the fuckin walls with just a few people.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
I've always loved Shogo but I never did feel like I was stomping around in a giant assed machine and more like a giant person in armour. I've always preferred the mechwarrior games for that reason in that you felt like you were in a huge weighty, and sometimes unwieldy, machine.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
There was only one thing that bothered me at the time when I played Shogo so many years ago. It was that you moved too quickly while in the mech. I guess I was too used to Mechwarrior at the time so the speed was distracting. I still enjoyed the hell out of the game though. I have a feeling that if I were to fire it up today, I'd be a bit disappointed.