Shogun 2 Total War Campaign Preview

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Sounds very good, but after the whole 'Empire: Total War' scheme I'm a little less trusting of the Total War series. I mean, my god, the pathfinding in that game for multiple squads was some of the worse I've ever seen.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
wooty said:
Corporal Bill said:
MrSnugglesworth said:
Bushido was created in the 1920's.

Just saying.
That were they slice emselves when they is defeated?
Thats Seppuku where they kill themselves if defeated.

OT: Looking forward to this massively, hope they do build on the things that they got right in Empire/Napoleon.
What's the difference between that and Hari-Kari, if there is one?

Game seems fun, but I don't know if it's something I'd want to buy. I do like flash games that are somewhat like that, though. Obviously not as complex, but still...

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
There is no difference, if I recall correctly. Seppuku is used as the more formal word in writing, while harakari is used in speech.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Aww...the Dutch turned mean suddenly. :( I wonder if the Portugese are also included in that time period...I just read a nice history book on this time period and can't help but wonder how they'll handle all the facets of it...sounds like an awesome game that might get me back into the strategy game genre. :)

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Well writen and engaging preview article. Thumbs up from me. Hope they have sorted the A.I for this version. I will get it anyway. Cor I friking love Total war games! :)

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Hmm protestant monks first time I have heard of that, I think CA may have wonder from history a little.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Can't wait for this! Although I am slightly wary, since I preordered Napoleon and was disappointed by it.

Still, can't wait!

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
*At Nagashino*

Takeda: There is No honor in these Muskets!

Nobunaga: lol, Kay (Fires muskets, Wipes out the Takeda Clan)

That's exactly How it Happened, KOEI told me so.

OT: I wasn't a huge fan of Napoleon/Empire Total war, But that was due in fact to Warfare at the time of Napoleon being "Who had the better line" where as this seems to be a hell of a lot more exciting.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Shogun Total War was the first (and only) game to ever get me sent to the office in High School. I had been in a battle and was still getting used to the controls when I sent my army into a valley where archers on both sides of it killed all my soldiers. I accidentally blurted out "DAMN IT" so loud everyone in the class heard me.

Shogun 2 looks great but I demand one thing from it. I demand blood and gore because war is messy and it should show it. I expect to see limbs on the ground from katana strikes, blood seeping through armor when someone gets a spear in the gut, I want full on violence like what you had to mod Medieval 2 to see.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
wooty said:
Corporal Bill said:
MrSnugglesworth said:
Bushido was created in the 1920's.

Just saying.
That were they slice emselves when they is defeated?
Thats Seppuku where they kill themselves if defeated.

OT: Looking forward to this massively, hope they do build on the things that they got right in Empire/Napoleon.

Game seems fun, but I don't know if it's something I'd want to buy. I do like flash games that are somewhat like that, though. Obviously not as complex, but still...
If I remember correctly Seppuku is when you have dishonoured yourself and commit suicide to atone and Harikiri is when you kill yourself as the only means to prevent yourself from being dishonoured in the first place.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Yes!!! Thank you totalwar gods for giving us this great gift. I have the original game and gods it was good. This-shall-be-EPIC!

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Let's see, I need to think ahead. Best start saving for a brand new computer whose purchase will coincide with the release date. I have a nasty feeling my laptop's integrated Intel graphics card will commit seppuku if I so much as wave the disc at it.

regisfrost

Apr 1, 2010
Never played the first Shogun, but I have played every other in the series. Rome is still my favourite, and although they did a lot of things right in Empire, they did even more wrong. Napoleon fixed a lot of them, but guys shooting at each-other for 5 minutes is still boring (cannons are awesome tho).

When the hell will we get Rome 2? They should just focus on making an awesome game engine with everything RIGHT, and then do expansions for all time periods for it.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm rather glad my computer just broke, now i can get a new one that can play this thing.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Another Total War?
I...I.....words fail to describe how awesome this is. I'm shaking I'm so excited.