Shooters (or other games) that let you play with bots in offline multiplayer modes.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
I love games like Perfect Dark and Star Wars Battlefront 2 for all the fun they let me have dicking around playing with bots. however, games these days seem to focus too much on selling 4 copies of the same game to 4 people who also have to buy 4 systems to go alongside them rather than just have split-screen with bots in multiplayer mayhem offline.

Are there any modern or 360-compatible games that let you play offline multiplayer with bots?
here are some i know of:
Left 4 Dead, 2
Unreal Tournament 3
Perfect Dark, Zero
Star Wars Battlefront, 2 (this i loved especially because it had a perk/unlock system that rewarded you for completing in-game challenges, such as the Tri-Shot rifle, Damage Reduction, Damage Bonus, stamina regeneration increase, etc. and for its EPIC galactic conquest mode that i have yet to see any other game even come CLOSE to in terms of how awesome that mode is)
Section 8, Prejudice
Call of Duty: Black Ops (though i hate that game)

are there any others? bonus for games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, and if they can run on relatively low specs then i'll take suggestions for my laptop as well.

EDIT: I've been hearing about shadowrun. how's that in terms of just offline vs. bots? what's it like?

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Gears 2 is the only other I know of. I'm sure Gears 3 offline will have them too though.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Azaraxzealot said:
I love games like Perfect Dark and Star Wars Battlefront 2 for all the fun they let me have dicking around playing with bots. however, games these days seem to focus too much on selling 4 copies of the same game to 4 people who also have to buy 4 systems to go alongside them rather than just have split-screen with bots in multiplayer mayhem offline.

Are there any modern or 360-compatible games that let you play offline multiplayer with bots?
XIII is xbox 360 compatible, I think. Nifty arena deathmatcher with bots. Closest I can think of to Battlefront gameplay is the Battlestations series, which does allow bot play (moreso in the Pacific one)

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I don't know of too many not already listed or are too old it wouldn't matter. It seems like a dead feature mostly to me.
Of course, features in online shooters in general are mostly dead. You are lucky if you get any customization and more than 2 game modes nowadays.