Short but sweet games

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
What was your favorite game that was very short.

Mine was brutal legend because i loved how it was an RTS/Adventure game and those are rare. It did feel like it unfinished though because you only fight the main bad guy and his army only once though out the entire game.

IncredibleKoosh

Apr 20, 2011
Metal Gear Solid. Can be finished in around 3 hours - but it's perfect. And so good that you'll play it again. And again. And again.

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
IncredibleKoosh said:
Metal Gear Solid. Can be finished in around 3 hours - but it's perfect. And so good that you'll play it again. And again. And again.
I heard those games were good but i was turned off by them because I also heard that they had over complicated stories

rayen020

May 20, 2009
starfox 64, just a simple run through can be pretty relaxing, not trying to get "secret" worlds, just go defeat andross. can be done in about an hour...

IncredibleKoosh

Apr 20, 2011
Azure9 said:
IncredibleKoosh said:
I heard those games were good but i was turned off by them because I also heard that they had over complicated stories
The first one isn't too bad at all. The restrictions of the format and the system probably helped to reign in Kojima's excesses in terms of lengthy cutscenes etc. Bar a bit of backtracking at the end there isn't a lull all the way through. And even that bit of backtracking serves a purposes in terms of atmosphere in my opinion.

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
rayen020 said:
starfox 64, just a simple run through can be pretty relaxing, not trying to get "secret" worlds, just go defeat andross. can be done in about an hour...
ugh it was such a pain to get to the underwater world, but yea that was also one of my favorite games.

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
IncredibleKoosh said:
Azure9 said:
IncredibleKoosh said:
The first one isn't too bad at all. The restrictions of the format and the system probably helped to reign in Kojima's excesses in terms of lengthy cutscenes etc. Bar a bit of backtracking at the end there isn't a lull all the way through. And even that bit of backtracking serves a purposes in terms of atmosphere in my opinion.
I think my brother has the first one maybe i will borrow it form him

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
Annoying Turd said:
The original Portal, as well as Amnesia: Dark Descent come to my mind :p
How long was Amnesia I tried it for a bit at my friends and I was thinking of getting it.

NastoK

Jun 4, 2011
Puzzle Agent. Honest to god I would've never expected a puzzle game to be so enthralling. And Mirror's Edge is good too.

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
Just to make things more interesting can some of you guys say why some of these short games were sweet.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Portal - it was short, funny, and stimulated the mind.

Crysis Warhead - full on action for the 4 hours or whatever of the game, I really enjoyed it despite the short length.

Half Life 2 Episodes - great action, great characters, spectacular setpieces (like the Citadel exploding, exploring the citadel, the spooky Zombie bit, Razer train crashing, the Hunters, Combines Advisors, STRIDER ATTACK!!), a carefully crafted world, and you saw more settings and got more of what made HL2 amazing.