Short But Sweet: Geometry wars retro evolved 2.

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
hello all, i'm sure some of us know the game geometry wars, if not, look below. the game is currently 800MS points, and has an average rating of 4.5 stars.

Basic summary
The game, In my opinion, is like space invaders on steroids. You play as a spaceship that looks like the one in space invaders, and different kinds of shapes come at you and you have to shoot them. it eventually gets more intense, eventually black holes come, sometimes even up to four at a time! there are 6 different game modes, which have to be unlocked one by one.

Who's It for?
I would reccomend this game to anyone, from children to adult, casual to pro, new to old. It's really a "one-in-a-kind game"

The gameplay
There is 6 different game modes.

Deadline, where you have unlimited lives and must cause as much chaos as you can in three minutes.

King, Where you have to move into "zones" to shoot enemies, but the zones dissapear after 5 seconds.

Evolved, the "classic" mode, you have three lives and three bombs, unlimited time. do your worst.

Pacifist, a game where you cannot shoot but have to go through "gates", which explode, killing enemies around them.

Waves, a gametype where a wave of rocket-shaped monsterrs zoom into the screen every five seconds, horizontally or vertically.

Sequence, a mode compromised of 24 (i think) different levels and only four lives and four bombs. I have yet to get halfway through it.

There is also a 4-player split screen co-op mode.

Ending Summary
This is a gem of a game, almost no faults to it. have fun trying to beat your freind's scores, or co-operatively work together. 9/10

Skyfall

Mar 15, 2009
I do recall that the game couldn't save your high scores. That was a bit annoying when it came down to challenges with friends and overall bragging rights

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
Skyfall said:
I do recall that the game couldn't save your high scores. That was a bit annoying when it came down to challenges with friends and overall bragging rights
Seems to work with me.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
This is not a good start. Having never played the game, I could get no idea of what it was about from your description. Spelling and capitalisation need to be sorted out. You need much more depth on your points and more of them. A lot more work needs to be done on this review.

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
lostclause said:
This is not a good start. Having never played the game, I could get no idea of what it was about from your description. Spelling and capitalisation need to be sorted out. You need much more depth on your points and more of them. A lot more work needs to be done on this review.
It's short & sweet for a reason, :p

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
AdambotLive said:
It's short to the point of incoherence. This may sound harsh but I have honestly no idea what the game is about or what makes you recommend it so highly.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
lostclause said:
AdambotLive said:
It's short to the point of incoherence. This may sound harsh but I have honestly no idea what the game is about or what makes you recommend it so highly.
I have to agree with lostclause on this one. You have just listed the facts and not delivered opinions on them. It looks like a simplified version of the Wikipedia page [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry_Wars_Retro_Evolved_2]. We need info on controls, graphics, sound, replayability, much more than what you hve written there. We als need to know what was good, bad, we need reasoning behind your rating -- a conclusion/ summary should be a summary of all your points, not just a rating.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
It's a fantastic game, overall.
Zombie_Fish said:
lostclause said:
AdambotLive said:
I have to agree with lostclause on this one. You have just listed the facts and not delivered opinions on them. It looks like a simplified version of the Wikipedia page [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometry_Wars_Retro_Evolved_2]. We need info on controls, graphics, sound, replayability, much more than what you hve written there. We als need to know what was good, bad, we need reasoning behind your rating -- a conclusion/ summary should be a summary of all your points, not just a rating.
Zombie_Fish and lostclause are right, you need to add on more to this review. If I recall, you had the same problems with your previous reviews, and you were given the same advice.