Short hair on women?

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I find it uncommon for young women to have attractive short hair while long hair seems to usually look great on them. Personal preference of course, but it seems to me that the older a woman gets the better short hair looks on them compared to longer hair.

Captcha: market forces

How does it know I'm doing my economics homework? O_O

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
I am sorry all i can say it depends on you. Short hair works for some people not for others. I know a few women who I think look great with short spiky hair and others who have practaclly gone bald.

But at the end of the day it is only hair and it will grow back, if you go for it and you don't like it wear a hat.

TheCrapMaster

Aug 31, 2009
Short hair = awesome. Simple as that.

I never realy liked girls with long hair. Girls with short hair get character, girls with long hair just look so boring and ruin the shower drain with their hair. So i vote for keeping the hair short.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I used to have a very short haircut for a long time, which people told me looked very good. I enjoyed it.

Now I'm growing my hair back out, and I find that I like the way it makes me look more. Idk.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
I'm generally more attracted to women with short hair, just think it looks better. On the practical side from this man's view: It doesn't tangle when I run my hands through it and I've never accidentally put an elbow on it in bed and caused a somewhat awkward moment like I have with some girls who have longer hair. Plus it leaves an exposed neckline which can be alluring.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Nasrin said:
I used to have a very short haircut for a long time, which people told me looked very good. I enjoyed it.

Now I'm growing my hair back out, and I find that I like the way it makes me look more. Idk.

You're an extremely attractive woman either way, though I'd have to say you look better with short hair (Love the blue though).

How you feel about how you look is the most important thing, so if you think long hair looks better on you, you should go for it and not question it.

FatalFox

Jan 18, 2012
Depends on the woman obviously, just like it depends on if a dude looks good with long hair or not. hell, Ripley from Alien 3 looked badass and attractive while being borderline BALLED. I like punkish hairstyles on women if they fit it, sort of a sort-but-long-enough-to-shape-around-the-head sort of thing, liiiike

for example
(random google img search)

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
While I find women with long dark hair more attractive there are a few women with short dark hair that I find attractive.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
MetalMagpie said:
It has since grown out a little bit more again, which has got me wondering about my next haircut. How short could I go this time without it looking weird? Can any woman pull off a short "pixie cut" or is it just a privileged few?
Might I humbly suggest that you go for utility over style?

A short haircut that requires frequent styling in order for your hair to retain a feminine appearance will require additional work, provided that putting forward that impression is important to you. I feel strange giving this advice to a woman, but your the one who asked an internet forum about your hair, so if I were you I would pick something that you felt would still look halfway decent on a bad hair day.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
MetalMagpie said:
And what do you guys think about very short hairstyles on women in general?
What do I think? ...Call me? Seriously though, I've always liked it quite a bit, it's cute, I guess as opposed to trying to look all sexy with dat long hair. I'm sure it depends a bit on the person trying to wear it too.

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
If a gal can pull it off, short hair can be really sexy largely out of novelty.
Too much familiarity kills the libido.

Sep 15, 2012
Good for OP!

I don't measure attractiveness by hair, I see it only as a tool used to alter one's appearance. The reason most women don't look good in short hair is that they have poor facial features, a person with a good skull will look good bald but that is not to say that a specific style would not look better.
I like a woman with a nice skull, I'm kinky like that. Also, less hair = less hassle, everybody wins.

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
In my opinion longer hair always looks better on a woman, (well I have yet to see an exception).

But its not like it will be a dealbreaker, so yeah.

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
I'm usually into long hair, but I am at the moment hopelessly in love with a lady with marginally short hair. Like, hardly below the ears. So yeah. Yay, I guess.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I think short hair can look great. Most of my favorite female hair styles are shorter, at the very least they are above the shoulder.
Of course, it depends on face shape.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Generally speaking I have no preference for hair length on women. Both long and short are appealing but it does depend on the woman sometimes.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Only a few, in my experience. Cutest bar maid ever had it the other night, but she was fairly dainty.