Should I shout "Im a Canadian!!"?

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Xandus117 said:
You should. Wear a hat with the Canadian flag on it so everyone knows.

dmase said:
So someone might have watched In Bruges huh?
Seems I'm not the only one who thought of that when I read this thread.
I push that movie and Dragon Quest like crack on here. They are just so good but it seems like not that many people have ever heard of them

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
alot of canadians have canadian flags on the back of their rucksacks to say "im not a amaerican"... that works quite well, that said if people do think you are american they may kick the s**t out of you for it... i've seen that happen once in new zealand.

thedouchebag

Mar 10, 2010
I actually am Canadian but i'm from Quebec and in French so there is no shame in shouting that im a Quebecer.
But I F?%$ING HATE THE REST OF CANADA!!

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
No need to shout. However, you could correct people.

thedouchebag said:
I actually am Canadian but i'm from Quebec and in French so there is no shame in shouting that im a Quebecer.
Don't give us french canadians a bad reputation. We're better than that.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
Yeah you probably should, but yeah im brittish atm and in particular i work in the resturant industry as a waitor and everyone i work with agrees that americans are the worst customers, they have a sense of importance and deserving/entitlement that is just not warrented youre not that great anymore your economy is collapsing your science is going nowhere (just look at NASA who havent dont anything new in the last 40 years) and yeah they all hate americans as do all my friends and family so being american in england prolly not the best way to go.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Asturiel said:
Hah, I wonder what you thought of with the title but no matter. The thing is I'm heading over to London and Paris on Thursday and I was wondering from you English(maybe the French if they are here too) if I need to make my Canadianness blatant to not be confused with Americans.

So Escapist for some discussion value how do see people in your area/country treating Americans? If your well versed in London, where should I go? I already plan to visit every single place in the seedy underbelly I could use some tips for my boring lonesome wondering.
If you shout that near me, Im going to shout back "eh!" in the stereotypical way.

You have been warned. Also, the French hate everyone[/I].

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Naw man, from one canuck too another, just act really offended if they mistake you for american, it always works for me.

In all seriousness, simply be polite (Like all of us are), and correct them about your nationality if they ask.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
HotFezz8 said:
alot of canadians have canadian flags on the back of their rucksacks to say "im not a amaerican"... that works quite well, that said if people do think you are american they may kick the s**t out of you for it... i've seen that happen once in new zealand.
Shoulda gone to old Zealand. Damn shame.
thedouchebag said:
Eh why don't ya just go seperate hehe. I'm boggled right now, it says you joined March 10th...but its like the 9th here. HOW CAN THIS BE!?!?!?!?!
Indecizion said:
Yeah you probably should, but yeah im brittish atm and in particular i work in the resturant industry as a waitor and everyone i work with agrees that americans are the worst customers, they have a sense of importance and deserving/entitlement that is just not warrented youre not that great anymore your economy is collapsing your science is going nowhere (just look at NASA who havent dont anything new in the last 40 years) and yeah they all hate americans as do all my friends and family so being american in england prolly not the best way to go.
Sounds like a general "If they're an ass they're likely an American" but we Canadians are polite and wouldn't hurt a fly so I should be fine right?
Insanum said:
If you shout that near me, Im going to shout back "eh!" in the stereotypical way.

You have been warned. Also, the French hate everyone[/I].
True I suppose that's just what the French do. Heh, you bastard, now your forcing me to yell that everywhere as bait to lure you out!
Fenrir45 said:
When was America "great"?
I think when they used the nuclear bomb first, that was pretty great wasn't it?
Furburt said:
A place in London. Kind of like a cross between an upmarket area and a red light district. It's the only place I can remember being.
Perhaps I will look for it, thanks for the tip, tips.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
You better be riding a moose through those countries, wearing a Canadian flag cape with white and red paint painted on your skin.
You should be screaming through a megaphone "EH!!! I'MMA BLOODY CANNUCK! IN YO FACE DEH REST OF THE WORLD CAUSE MY COUNTRY KICKS YOUR'S @$$ AT HOCKEY".
Because if you do I will personally respect and worship you as though you were a god.
A Canadian god.
My kind of god.

the_dancy_vagrant

Apr 21, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
Naw man, from one canuck too another, just act really offended if they mistake you for american, it always works for me.

In all seriousness, simply be polite (Like all of us are), and correct them about your nationality if they ask.
And if they give you any further guff, spray them with maple syrup and beat them with a lacrosse stick. Threats to throw them into the mighty ice volcano of the Yukon are optional at that point.