should I still get a ps4?

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Bloodborne is out next month, and that game looks like sex in the palm of your hand so good. To pass those weeks there is Last of Us remastered which is excellent(epescially if you never played it on PS3). Other than that my favorite multiplatform titles on the system so far are GTA5 remaster, Metro Redux, Alien Isolation, Tomb Raider and Evil Within. All really good games.

Sep 14, 2009
madster11 said:
Gundam GP01 said:
1) Emulating isnt exactly legal.
Own the console? Own the game?
Grats, it's entirely legal. Ignore nintendo crying like babies because you can play your gameboy games on a $30 phone rather than pay their ridiculous prices on the 3DS, they can feel free to deal with it.

Pyro Yuy said:
emulation is legal as long as you do it right, and use personal backed up software.
It doesn't even need to be a personal back up, as long as the ROM/ISO is the same as yours (region, version, etc) it's fine.
woof, prepare to be onslaughted if a few certain users happen to browse this thread. they will throw holy hell over this post.

OT: eh I wouldn't trust any laptops out right now (short of the REALLY expensive gaming ones) to be fully prepared to play the witcher 3, while the ps4 will run it (maybe after a patch or two, I'm sure it'll have a couple hiccups) on release since the game is being ported for that hardware, not to mention the ps4 is having some (imo) strong exclusives coming its way later this year, plus it doubles as a blu-ray player and ps+ is pretty nifty as well.

so personally, I'd go for the ps4 and wait on the computer situation, as some have mentioned, you get a MUCH better bang for buck ratio when building it yourself (there are hundreds if not thousands of guides out there for how to build, they make it as easy as playing with legos) and you'll be able to better compare specs if you want to eventually get the witcher 3 on the computer or not once it's out.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
madster11 said:
Gundam GP01 said:
1) Emulating isnt exactly legal.
Own the console? Own the game?
Grats, it's entirely legal. Ignore nintendo crying like babies because you can play your gameboy games on a $30 phone rather than pay their ridiculous prices on the 3DS, they can feel free to deal with it.
Most people, however, do not own either the console or the game, which is why they emulate. There is a debate to be had about emulation's place in preserving games which can no longer be played by any other means, however at BEST it's riding some serious legal lines and at worst it is illegal.

And you may want to be careful how you word things because while emulation is illegal and while it is against the ToS to promote illegal things on these boards, you could get a bit of mod wrath.

OT: If you were wanting to buy a PS4 just for one game, I'd seriously reconsider your purchasing criteria in general.

KenAri

Jan 13, 2013
I'd wait if I were you. The exclusives aren't that important. Bloodborne may be an exception, but after DS2 I'd even wait until the reviews come in (Yeah yeah, I know, different dev team, yadayada). I've had mine since launch and I've spent less time on it than on the PS3 this last year alone.

Basically, the current gen launched way before any devs were ready for it, so there's little point in owning them yet. Give it another year or something mate. Price will go down, bugs will be fixed, new features might come in, and games will actually be worth owning.

If you really need a console, the PS3 is still better value for money.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Wait until the games you want are out. All of the games you listed as being interested in aren't out yet with the exception of Last of Us, so unless you really want to play that game right now, you really don't gain anything from buying the system right now.

Personally, my philosophy for buying systems is this: if absolutely no other games came out for the system, would I still want to buy it. If yes, then I'll probably get it, if no, I'll wait and see if that changes. Because of this, I have not once regretted getting any of the consoles I own.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
i dont see a reason to own one yet, just upgrade your PC, get a WiiU or wait until there are more games on the PS4 to play

Pyro Yuy

Jun 27, 2009
Honestly for home consoles just wait till the end of its life cycle. You'll get it for cheaper, you'll already be able to get the good games for cheap, and you won't get screwed by pre-ordering a crap game because you'll already have all the good ones to burn through.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Of course The Witcher 3 plays best on a PC, but I guess from the two systems PS4 handles it better. I think they're getting either 980P or 1080P or something along those lines at 30FPS. At medium or high graphics level I believe.

For the exclusives, you've got Infamous: Second Son. Which is the weakest of the series, but still a fun game. Some other titles that are multi-platform include Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4, Destiny, Samurai Warriors 4, Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme Legends Complete, Shadow of Mordor, and a few other decent games.

If you want to play it safe and get a decent level of quality, I'd say get a PS4. You don't have to worry about your laptop not being up to par.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I'd say be patient and wait for a PS4 price drop. The Witcher 3 isn't going anywhere, unlike certain physical Nintendo games and products (and Atlus titles, as always). You should be able to find a new copy for well over a year after release, if you don't save up for a capable PC (specifically a laptop, in your case). At least wait until Witcher's release day to grab a PS4

If you can't barely wait then, yeah, grab a PS4 and a copy. Just make sure the the other games currently out look like something you wish to try. Otherwise until more good games come out, you might have paid $50 extra or more to play The Witcher 3 early. (It's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. I've not experienced any of The Witcher games. Maybe a Steam sale will convince me to get ready for 3.)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
tippy2k2 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
tippy2k2 said:
Also, Persona 5 doesn't make any of these lists so that's a big name to consider if you're into those games...
Maybe that's because it's not exactly a PS4 exclusive, since it'll be available on PS3 as well.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa... whoa...... whoa......... whoa...................... whoa

Are you fo'rizzle!?!

*Googles

Holy jumping hamburgers Batman, it's true! I probably should have known that already but for some reason I didn't.
Yup, the PS3 rides again... One. Last. Time.