Should Ryan Reynolds play Deadpool or Green Latern in the movies?

Geektress656

Nov 19, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Neither

why ryan reynolds for those roles? I can see him as Dead Pool but not Green Lantern.
Ryan Reynolds has already played Deadpool, therefore would make him an ideal choice for Deadpool in a solo movie. I personally don't know if he would be any good, but he's got the "role experience"

GrandAm

Aug 8, 2009
djmegamike said:
GrandAm said:
I would say Deadpool.

One, he has already played the role in the Wolverine movie. He hasn't played Hal Jordan/Green lantern.

Plus in more recent TV shows when the Green Lantern is played, he is now black. This trend is fine for me even though I remember when he was white.

For the green Lantern I see this guy being a better pick. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252230/
Deadpool for sure. Although I always felt Deadpool would be better off as a live action HBO series than a movie.

Oh and by the way, that guy you mentioned was awesome in Serenity, he could pull of Green Lantern easily
I researched Deadpool after the Wolverine movie came out. I haven't read the comic, but based on what I have read the is a good feature movie their. Even a series. HBO or mainstream movies would be fine. Really it boils down to the money willing to be thrown at it. A regular movie is fine. Ryan Reynolds would demand that higher paycheck. I also found his snarky ways to work well and be entertaining. HBO pobably couldn't afford him.

Thanks for the personal validation on the actor I suggested. He is very good. He was an absolute favorite character in Serenity. Not just because he did a good job. But because it was a well written character. His talent as an actor amplified it. He was the antogonist. But at times his character bent over backwards to find a peacful resolution. When it became obvious that peace was not possible, he went hard core. This takes some range from the actor to make it work. ..."I am unarmed"..."good, BANG"..."just because I am unarmed doesn't mean I'm stupid"...

HatchetDown

Dec 17, 2009
I think Ryan Reynolds should be limited to roles that make him look like a quick witted twat. He's the Tony Danza of our generation but with a little bit less personality.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Deadpool. The Green Lantern should be reserved for Nathan Fillion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs

I rest my case.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Deadpool with Clive Owen as Cable in his own movie and then a combined movie.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Geektress656 said:
Mstrswrd said:
Geektress656 said:
Deadpool ... He needs to right what he has wronged.
I'd agree, except that it wasn't his fault. He was a great Wade Wilson, but he couldn't stop the studio/script/etc's bad choice of making Deadpool into... that.

FOr what he had, he did spectacularly. Give him better material, and he'll probably do better.

I apologize if I was rude, as it was not my intent.
No, no, no! I totally understand that it was the studio that fucked Deadpool up. I was just saying that he shouldn't have to leave that image of Deadpool in the minds of the movie-goers.
Oh, okay. Got it.

In that case, yes, I agree completeley and without reservation.

djmegamike

Dec 20, 2009
That is true. The studios butchered the Deadpool character so much that I think the only thing they can do is call a mulligan and pretend it never happened. In otherwords, just pretend Deadpool in the movie was weapon 11, who the character was more like anyway. While HBO probably couldn't hire on Ryan I still think it would be a better choice due to the content of Deadpool. In the comics he pretty much is a delirious, split personality, dirty, skrewball who isn't good or bad (although now it looks like they are trying to lean him towards good and I like how it's being done) just a killer for hire (he was recently hired to fight and distract Spiderman so bad guys can do something behind his back). In fact, now that I think of it, he's pretty much Spiderman with different powers, a killing streak, and a foul mouth.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Asturiel said:
I rest my case.
I agree, Nathan Fillion absolutely must become The Green Lantern.

Geektress656 said:
I have here a completely awesome (and surprisingly relevent) video!

This pretty much proves why everyone, including me, say that Ryan Reynolds needs to right the wrongs done to Deadpool.

djmegamike

Dec 20, 2009
Cosplay Horatio said:
Asturiel said:
I rest my case.

Geektress656 said:

This pretty much proves why everyone, including me, say that Ryan Reynolds needs to right the wrongs done to Deadpool.
ThatRandomGuy is a definite genius and anyone who hasn't seen his videos need to right now.....do it!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
They aren't going to crossover, so why can't he be both?

djmegamike

Dec 20, 2009
The only reason I can think of is that the studios might think people will have trouble separating the two very different characters. Can you imagine the same person playing Batman and Superman at the same time in theaters?

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
djmegamike said:
Cosplay Horatio said:
Asturiel said:

I rest my case.

Geektress656 said:
ThatRandomGuy is a definite genius and anyone who hasn't seen his videos need to right now.....do it!
Yeah, that's for sure!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
He's already been Deadpool, so I say keep the streak alive! Although Ryan Reynold's acting charm seems to come from his quick whit and I don't think Deadpool does a whole lot of talking.

djmegamike

Dec 20, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
He's already been Deadpool, so I say keep the streak alive! Although Ryan Reynold's acting charm seems to come from his quick whit and I don't think Deadpool does a whole lot of talking.
If you've read the comics you'll know that's a great deal of what he does. He's known as the Merc with a mouth, breaking the third wall one brick at a time.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
djmegamike said:
Spinwhiz said:
If you've read the comics you'll know that's a great deal of what he does. He's known as the Merc with a mouth, breaking the third wall one brick at a time.
Actually, I haven't read any of the Deadpool comics, I just know he couldn't say a thing in the Wolverine movie. I'll have to start reading Deadpool though. My favorite is Punisher, so may be along the same lines of awesome.