Should Valve concentrate on Half Life and not L4D?

frenchtoast1337

May 28, 2009
I love both of these games dearly. But Half life is what made Valve as popular as they are today? The time it takes for them to make a game is too long, but the quality is amazing. Share your thoughts

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
You're an idiot.

Valve is divided into teams. One team is working on Half-Life, while another works on Left 4 Dead.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
Well L4D came out TO long ago and the last Half-life episode came out...well I forget so ya I agree.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

Valve is divided into teams. One team is working on Half-Life, while another works on Left 4 Dead.
Dude he doesn't know that so theres no need to call him an idiot. And I think he is refering that Value should have more people on the Half-life team.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Left4Dead is a more commercially viable game. Half Life is a gamer's game, but Left4Dead will reach a larger audience who aren't put off my the more intellectual game stylings of Half Life. At the end of the day, you can say what you like about them, but Valve is a company and their main goal is to make money.

Therefore, Valve concentrates on Left4Dead, the one that makes them more money.

Low Frost

Nov 6, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

This. The team that made L4D was a whole new one bought and folded into Valve.
Half-life's team are still there, still chugging along, eating all the cake.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Valve can do what ever the hell it wants, it's fucking Valve. On that note.... "Excelsior Away"

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
I felt that Left 4 Dead was a glorified mod, so naturaly i'd like to see some more development with Half-Life.

EDIT: Was pretty sure that there were two development teams, but didn't know for definate.I guess that makes my post invalid. Ah well...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

Ninja'd by the first poster. Now that is embarassing for me...

But yeah, basically this. I believe I mentioned it earlier on another thread, after all...

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
What you think Valve only has one group. Valve didn't even orignally own Left 4 dead it was sarted by a group called Little rock Studios. They bought out Little Rock and now they are making games for Valve.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
Curtmiester said:
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

Dude he doesn't know that so theres no need to call him an idiot. And I think he is refering that Value should have more people on the Half-life team.
Yes there is. If he knew this then he would understand that this entire thread is pointless.

Besides, Valve games don't take long to make because they have a small staff. TF2 took 11 years to make because they constantly changed it in order to achieve perfection. Valve is doing the same with their Half-Life games.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

Dude that wasn't very friendly he was just asking a question! I wouldn't have known that either.

I would love to see Episode 3 come out soon, I know it sucks waiting but in the end that's why the games are of such a high quality.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
miracleofsound said:
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

Dude that wasn't very friendly he was just asking a question! I wouldn't have known that either.

I would love to see Episode 3 come out soon, I know it sucks waiting but in the end that's why the games are of such a high quality.
I know it wasn't nice, but come on.

People keep saying that this will interfere with Episode 3 production. People keep pointing out that Valve is divided into teams. He didn't even read the other Left 4 Dead threads before making this one. Otherwise, he would not have made it.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Meh I'm not too fussed about Half-Life these days.

The Episodes don't have any fresh additions over Half-Life 2 itself, and just felt like the same experience again. Not to mention the previously immersive story telling process was kinda crapped on when they started using pre-rendered cutscene crap in Episode Two.

I'm also pissed that Valve practically confirmed there wont be a Half-Life 3. Apparently the Episodes count as the third and final installment.

I also add I'm still bitter that the supposed Half-Life: Source was merely Half-Life exactly the same with ragdoll effect added... big whoop! A fan made mod (Black Mesa Source) is looking to be better than that!

Valve... originality please? kthx

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Call me crazy, but I'm all for Left 4 Dead. I guess I've just sort of forgotten about Half-Life, or atleast got used to waiting for it. Either one works though.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
miracleofsound said:
Internet Kraken said:
You're an idiot.

I know it wasn't nice, but come on.

People keep saying that this will interfere with Episode 3 production. People keep pointing out that Valve is divided into teams. He didn't even read the other Left 4 Dead threads before making this one. Otherwise, he would not have made it.
Either way... Episode 3 will rock. I can't wait.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TelHybrid said:
Meh I'm not too fussed about Half-Life these days.

The Episodes don't have any fresh additions over Half-Life 2 itself, and just felt like the same experience again. Not to mention the previously immersive story telling process was kinda crapped on when they started using pre-rendered cutscene crap in Episode Two.

I'm also pissed that Valve practically confirmed there wont be a Half-Life 3. Apparently the Episodes count as the third and final installment.

I also add I'm still bitter that the supposed Half-Life: Source was merely Half-Life exactly the same with ragdoll effect added... big whoop! A fan made mod (Black Mesa Source) is looking to be better than that!

Valve... originality please? kthx
Where were the pre-rendered bits in Ep 2? The only one I can think of is the intro. Unless I've had a memory block...

It does indeed suck that there won't be a HL3 but hey, we'd probably all be in old folks homes hitting our PS26s and XBOX 360000s with our zimmerframes by the time it came out...