Show me your t.....atts.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Hi all . I love ink. I just got more ink and wanted to share :D and want to see all the other escapists ink, and find out what people would love to get done if they could, and what is holding people back from getting what they want done.

Here is my newest piece and the panel from the Sandman comics it was taken from

Big thanks to John at Cowes Custom Ink for getting this done SSSSSOSOOOOOOOOOO well for me. 1 down, 6 endless to go. This will eventually be a full sleeve of the 7 endless from the Sandman.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

As seen on my profile page.

[sub][sub]Too lazy to look for the stand-alone image atm.[/sub][/sub]

I used to comment on a lot of tattoo threads here during Highschool and after I graduated and finished my first year of university I finally got it. I'm very glad I did and it makes me smile to this day, even if not many people around me are aware of it. It also really didn't bother me both while getting it and immediately after.

Freelancer is my favorite game and Kusari is cool. Don't think I'll get another on my forearm though. It hurt in recovery but that was mostly because I was doing a lot of work after I got it.

Tattoos are a luxury item and I had the money to spend on them when I got them. If I had that money now, I'd get another Pokemon but I'm pretty content with my current art. Its all about being comfortable in your own skin and making your own decisions. I very rarely get comments on my forearm tattoo in a negative manner.

Mar 26, 2008
Cowes Custom Ink eh? As in Phillip Island.

I've got four but I'm too lazy to upload them anywhere. Got a Celtic Cross on my left upper arm, a Sacred Heart on my right upper arm, a nautical star with wings and flames going across my shoulders and the Jesus Christ Superstar praying angels on the right side of my chest. The star and the cross tatts were featured in Tattoos Downunder. All were done by Expressive Designs in Mentone.

Wish I could get more but my wife reckons I'll look like a thug.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Programmed_For_Damage said:

I've got four but I'm too lazy to upload them anywhere. Got a Celtic Cross on my left upper arm, a Sacred Heart on my right upper arm, a nautical star with wings and flames going across my shoulders and the Jesus Christ Superstar praying angels on the right side of my chest. The star and the cross tatts were featured in Tattoos Downunder. All were done by Expressive Designs in Mentone.

Yup, Cowes Phillip Island spot on. Glad we have had a great artist move in down here. Shame you are too lazy to upload pics, love seeing them :p

Surprised you knew where cowes was, not many people do on the interwebs it seems

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
Okay mates, this might get me in trouble around these parts but I simply do not and have never understood the appeal of tattoos. The prospect of anyone other than a licensed medical professional sticking long needles into my skin gives me the shakes. I cannot imagine what you folks see in the whole affair- especially if the tattoo is going someplace where people (strangers, mainly) will not see it on a routine basis like the chest or arse...

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
WWmelb said:

Big thanks to John at Cowes Custom Ink for getting this done SSSSSOSOOOOOOOOOO well for me. 1 down, 6 endless to go. This will eventually be a full sleeve of the 7 endless from the Sandman.
That's awesome, and you're awesome for having it.

Mar 26, 2008
WWmelb said:

Yup, Cowes Phillip Island spot on. Glad we have had a great artist move in down here. Shame you are too lazy to upload pics, love seeing them :p

Surprised you knew where cowes was, not many people do on the interwebs it seems
Yeah alright ;-) I've only got these two photos

Cowes is probably about 50min down the road. I live in Cranbourne.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Silverbeard said:
Okay mates, this might get me in trouble around these parts but I simply do not and have never understood the appeal of tattoos. The prospect of anyone other than a licensed medical professional sticking long needles into my skin gives me the shakes. I cannot imagine what you folks see in the whole affair- especially if the tattoo is going someplace where people (strangers, mainly) will not see it on a routine basis like the chest or arse...
That's fair. I can't handle the idea of a body piercing, it gives me little jitters when I think of something getting stuck into my nose or tongue. As for the long needle thing; it isn't that long, its just a very fast series of punctures depositing ink but I get the needle phobia (I'd rather get a new tattoo than sit through medical needles). Providing you do your research of what you want before you get it and go to a reputable artist (ones who have set up shop in hair salons, for example, are very sterilized and safe) I think the risks are pretty minimal on the day of. Proper care of the tattoo must be taken after you get it but past that, it doesn't lead to any lasting health concerns unless you are allergic to the ink.

Regarding more... intimate locations for tattoos...

I don't find it attractive. Its your body and your right to do what you want to it but its really not for me.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Silverbeard said:
That's a fair enough position to have yourself in, and ink isn't for everyone.

As far as it being where other can/cannot see it... is irrelevant to me, as i don't get ink for other people to enjoy, it's for myself, and to a lesser extent, the enjoyment of giving an artist canvas to work on.

All my ink is visible day to day, as i prefer to be able to routinely see it myself, but that's just me.

As long as you don't scorn others for their choices that don't effect you or other people, then by all means your position is absolutely fine :)

And as far as long needles go, well Redlin said it already, but the needles are very short, they reach through the epidermis to the sub-dermis and that is all, and the sensation is absolutely nothing like getting a needle at a hospital or doctor's office. It feels more like a warm tingle, to a mild burn, to the occasional nerve cluster or sensitive spot that screams at you GOD WHY GOD, but those parts have been few and far between for me.

Also not sure about other countries, but in australia tattoo artists that have their own studio are 99.9% of the time licensed and highly trained, and are routinely inspected by our health authorities. They are even more strict on tattoo studios than they are on brothels ffs.

If you were to ever change your mind, a general rule you can go by on how clean and safe a studio is:

Do they have a medical waste disposal unit? If yes, thats a good sign.

Are their regular bins late in the day full of packets and disposable gloves? If yes, that is an excellent sign. A good clean artist will change gloves about once an hour, in a long session, or after every session if they are short small jobs.

Safety and hygiene are really not a concern to me here at all, the artist being competent and enthusiastic is the more important factor :)

Silvanus said:
WWmelb said:

That's awesome, and you're awesome for having it.
Ha ha thanks :D Hopefully the next piece of the puzzle in 2 or 3 months. Delirium is next i think :D

Thanks for that, awesome designs! I like :D And wow, a neighbour basically! Small world! Stop by my shop if your ever down this way :p I run printing company on the main street of cowes :p

Mar 26, 2008
WWmelb said:
Thanks for that, awesome designs! I like :D And wow, a neighbour basically! Small world! Stop by my shop if your ever down this way :p I run printing company on the main street of cowes :p
Haven't been to the island in ages. Always liked it there.

I'll know to look out for the guy with the Sandman tattoo. Your tattooist does some good work. I'm always on the lookout for good artists in case I wear my wife out from pestering and she eventually lets me get another one (but why stop at one eh?).

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Mine are words xD They're boring but I love 'em

First one I got was "Grey Warden" on my right arm - Dragon Age

Second was "It would appear my hypocrisy knows no bounds" between my shoulder blades - Tombstone

Third one goes from the base of my neck down my shoulder laterally. "Wubbalubbadubdub" - Rick and Morty

I got my first one when I was in high school and omg SOOO many people said "you're gonna regret that." "Oh, it's from a game? ...If you say so..." etc. etc. Bullshit. My body is mine and I like tats so I'm gonna do whatever I want with it.

....Currently in the process of getting my sister to get a matching one with me where she has "Aequitas" on her right hand and I have "Veritas" on my left. Because reasons and I love that movie. She's not biting because she's wedged a stick up her ass in the past couple years.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I don't have any of my own, but I do like to draw them for others.

Here is one that a friend just asked to have as ink, of the blue- he just really liked the drawing:

and here it is finished:

The same fellow comissioned this image, but hasn't had a chance to get it done (it was to be a chest image, I believe):

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
WWmelb said:
Haven't been to the island in ages. Always liked it there.

I'll know to look out for the guy with the Sandman tattoo. Your tattooist does some good work. I'm always on the lookout for good artists in case I wear my wife out from pestering and she eventually lets me get another one (but why stop at one eh?).
I'm pretty easy to find :p And definitely no need to stop at one! only time you stop is when there is no skin left to cover :p

Spider RedNight said:
Mine are words xD They're boring but I love 'em

First one I got was "Grey Warden" on my right arm - Dragon Age

Second was "It would appear my hypocrisy knows no bounds" between my shoulder blades - Tombstone

Third one goes from the base of my neck down my shoulder laterally. "Wubbalubbadubdub" - Rick and Morty

I got my first one when I was in high school and omg SOOO many people said "you're gonna regret that." "Oh, it's from a game? ...If you say so..." etc. etc. Bullshit. My body is mine and I like tats so I'm gonna do whatever I want with it.

....Currently in the process of getting my sister to get a matching one with me where she has "Aequitas" on her right hand and I have "Veritas" on my left. Because reasons and I love that movie. She's not biting because she's wedged a stick up her ass in the past couple years.
Oh i understand that. My only other tattoo currently is an eyball with double iris and pupil, with the words be patient under it. One of my favourite tool songs, and a reminder to myself.

Got a lot of "you'll regret it". My girlfriend on the other hand is almost covered from neck to feet. Only spots free are her boobs because she loves them and doesn't want to cover them with ink lol

Fantastic attitude, don't let naysayers get you down.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
the December King said:
I don't have any of my own, but I do like to draw them for others.

Here is one that a friend just asked to have as ink, of the blue- he just really liked the drawing:

and here it is finished:

The same fellow comissioned this image, but hasn't had a chance to get it done (it was to be a chest image, I believe):

That is some pretty awesome artwork there! Don't suppose you want to do a portrait of artorias and sif from dark souls for me... lol that's another piece i need to get done once the endless sleeve is complete lol

Mudman1234

Dec 25, 2015
Silverbeard said:
Then this thread is clearly not for you. You know what the difference is between people with tattoo's and without? The people with tattoo's don't care if you don't have any.

There's always one in every thread about tattoo's that needs to point out how much they don't "Get" them.

OT: I'm a bit surprised there are only very small or simple tattoo's in this thread. No one keen for some heavy detailed ink?

I have a small and simple symbol on my chest which was my first. Second was half of my upper arm filled with Viking lore and mythology. I'm getting another in a few weeks to continue on with that theme and have my next 5 planned out.

My artist was an absolute genius with what he created and I can't wait to see how he incorporate his own ideas into the designs I've made up.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Mudman1234 said:
OT: I'm a bit surprised there are only very small or simple tattoo's in this thread. No one keen for some heavy detailed ink?
Not on my part. I rather like the small, simple pieces. Call it a personal preference.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
I don't have any yet, but I am planning on getting Shirou Emiya's command seal on my right forearm, planned length is about 12cm starting at my wrist running toward my elbow

I am thinking of getting Kiritsugu's as well, but considering it's shape I think it'd be embarrassing to explain to people that I'm not religious, just a filthy weeb

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I, of course, have the objectively best tattoo there is or ever will be.

OK, in all seriousness, I don't have any ink because it's just not me (I don't have any piercings either) but I do love looking at a good bit of ink work.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I wanted to start off small so I got a very tiny tattoo of the number 14 in roman numerals on my arm. 'cause I'm fancy like that.

For anyone that's gonna ask, it's my lucky number. :)

I do plan to get more, the only thing stopping me is money right now.