Show Off Your Gaming/Geek Merchandise!

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I'm sure that many of you Escapists, like myself, have splashed out on unnecessary but awesome merchandise out of love for your favourite brands. It could be that deluxe statue you got with your pre-order, or maybe a Blu-ray box set of your favorite series. This thread is a chance to show it off and look at what everyone else has!

(Vita for scale)

So what horribly overpriced memorabilia do you possess?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I'll show one thing, and one thing only.
I got it this year at Supanova. :D

I am very proud of it.
For it shall serve when the rules of nature permit for it.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
A bought a didgeridoo once, left it in my room for about a year, then threw it on the bonfire. Total waste of money, but it sure made a great dzoioioioioiiiiinnnggggbbbbdddzzz noise.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
I've really gotta go to Supernova one year...
I've gone three times.
Once my best friend and I got a early look at The Darkness 2.
The next year we went again, except with his younger sister, and I got my first sword, and I got my Minecraft foam sword signed by Gavin and Burnie from Rooster Teeth.
Now it is this year, I got that Raiden sword, and I also go my foam sword signed by Michael and Lindsay.

... I guess that would count as gaming merch. I should take a photo of that ... if I was bothered ... or had a camera on me right now.

EDIT: Yes though, one year you should. A convention is quite the experience. Even if it is nothing like US ones.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
That would probably be the five year anniversary edition of Oblivion I got from Gamestop for like $20.
And a t-shirt with the Decepticon insignia on it.

And that's it.

Not a whole lot of geekiness here.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I've probably got close to £1000 worth of manga/comics in my house, then there's all the Skylander models i've bought... my wallet weeps...

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
I've got a bunch of anime/manga in the house, but as far as merch goes all I've got is:

Also, I imported the soundtracks for:

Pokemon RS
Pokemon FR/LG
Pokemon DP
Pokemon BW
Extreme Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Neon Genesis Evangelion (1-3 & End of Evangelion)
Trigun (1 & 2)
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (1-3)
Nintendo Sound History Series (Zelda the Music)
The World Ends With You

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Well, I'm not known for collecting figures (though I'd really like to get my hands on some of my favorite mechs, mechas, and androids), so I'll share the only figure I have.

Yep, it's the Promotional Lugia Figure from Pokemon SoulSilver. I got this free when I pre-ordered the game.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I'll use any opportunity to show off my various action figures and other doodads! :D

DC Variant Batman. Not the most best picture but I freaking love this guy.

Sam Gideon from Vanquish, still mint in the box. He's pretty rare these days.

Could you guess that I like Vegeta? :p

And even though it's not rare or really spectacular, I just think it looks cool:

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Hazy992 said:
This fella owns a Claptrap figure that has a top-hat and mustache. I believe it is obvious that he wins this thread completely. Our congratulations!
The winner's mantle is in the mail and will arrive shortly.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Augustine said:
Hazy992 said:
This fella owns a Claptrap figure that has a top-hat and mustache. I believe it is obvious that he wins this thread completely. Our congratulations!
The winner's mantle is in the mail and will arrive shortly.

This is an honour! I shall treasure it for the rest of my life! *sniff*

Oh and if you're interested one, it's called the 'Gentleman Caller'. They're fairly easy to find and not that expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Claptrap-CL4P-TP-Gentleman-Limited/dp/B00F4CKWD4

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
I don't have any personal pictures of them. But aside from collector's editions and lots of art/guide books and comics I don't have much. I've got the Castlevania 20th Anniversary commemorative pre-order extras that came with Portrait of Ruin (DS games case, stylus, mini artbook and soundtrack sampler in a cute black box), the Sly Cooper 3 statue, a tiny Freya Crescent figurine that was given out with coca cola bottles in Japan and a Black Mage pin.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Hazy992 said:
I'll use any opportunity to show off my various action figures and other doodads! :D

DC Variant Batman. Not the most best picture but I freaking love this guy.

Sam Gideon from Vanquish, still mint in the box. He's pretty rare these days.

Could you guess that I like Vegeta? :p

And even though it's not rare or really spectacular, I just think it looks cool:

Nice collection! (I got the same Misfire Kreon figure in the photo and more since I've been collecting the ones I liked from Kreon)!

As for me, since I'm too lazy to photo my, I will have to typed it out. I got-

Various Transformers figures including Kreon.
Quite a few MLP blind bag figure and my recent Funko mystery box Spitfire (wasn't my prefer figure but she's still look cool) and Cupcake holder Fluttershy.
Revoltech Gurren Lagaan
Nendoroid Miku Hatsune
Kingdom Heart Sora Wisdom form.
MANY Gundam models!
Various promo small game figures from preordering the game (Lagiacrus head from Monster Hunter Tri, Link and the knight from Phantom Track and Giratina from Pokemon Platinum).
Bleach plush of KON and Toshiro Hitsugaya
A few graphic novel and alot of manga.
Alot of anime dvds!

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
StormShaun said:
I'll show one thing, and one thing only.
I got it this year at Supanova. :D

I am very proud of it.
For it shall serve when the rules of nature permit for it.
Very cool! Though, the lack of a hilt would make me quite a bit nervous if I had to use it. Stick to slashing only, with that weapon! :)

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Nice collection! (I got the same Misfire Kreon figure in the photo and more since I've been collecting the ones I liked from Kreon)!
Thanks! I was in Tesco they other day, saw the Kre-Os and thought 'ooh blind bags!' so I bought a couple :p They're pretty cool, especially for the price.

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Hazy992 said:
This is an honour! I shall treasure it for the rest of my life! *sniff*

Oh and if you're interested one, it's called the 'Gentleman Caller'. They're fairly easy to find and not that expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Claptrap-CL4P-TP-Gentleman-Limited/dp/B00F4CKWD4
Much obliged, good sir.

A tempting offer indeed...