Show Off Your Minecraft Crib

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I have been working on my home (on & off) since Minecraft first got the Nether. I dislike the idea of starting from scratch every time the server map resets, so instead just kept building new homes on top of the old one. The server owner has been so kind as to let me move my home from map-to-map and/or move any resources I get from one of our maps to the other. According the the server data, I have been playing over a month of real time, this is what came of my singular efforts.

I can no longer build on top of it as the roof has literally hit the ceiling of the world, so now my attention will be focused to expanding it outward and making buildings around it.

I will just choose some random images of the inside to show. I simply can't show it all right here.

This was made in survival, but I do admit to using every kind of farm imaginable (even iron). The last time it was copy/pasted to a new map, it was placed on a mushroom island, just so visitors don't blow craters in the walls. It's long crossed the point that it needs to be preserved just so it can be a place for everyone on the server to see and visit.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I don't build "cribs" per se. I live a nomadic lifestyle, leaving nothing but the occasional cabin as I continue my journey.

Btw, creative mode is for wimps.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I mostly play single player survival (on normal) and the following creations were made under those conditions.
Quite a few images, so spoilers away:
My castle:

My statue of Atlas inside the castle: (No, I seriously don't cheat, yes the eyes are diamond blocks, the body is made of iron blocks and the pants are gold blocks)

My room inside the castle:

The pretty crap courtyard of the castle:
Different creation, I call it 'The Tower of Babylon" and it took about a day to build:

The front:

It goes up to the map limit.

The interior:

Looking straight up in the interior:
And finally, one of my random houses built in a valley between a mountain and the desert:

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
Akytalusia said:

it's a double layer wheat farm, made with 2 farms from forestry that keep the wheat replanted after the 2 combines harvest any ripe stuff and send all the wheat to the fertilizers, keeping them full, and all the seeds back to the farms, keeping them full. excess seeds are destroyed through a void pipe, and excess wheat is sent to the moistener to make mulch for fueling the fertilizers. if all 3 machines are full, then excess wheat is also sent to a void pipe and destroyed. nothing is spit out onto the ground, so the system doesn't create any unnecessary lag. the fertilizers keep all the bio-gas engines that run everything fueled up with bio-mass, and the excess bio-mass is processed in a still to make bio-fuel which is sent to my remote 10k bucket tank through ender-tank transmission. there are also two aqueous accumulators for keeping the 2 fertilizers and the moistener filled with water, too.
it's a very compact system taking up only a 4x4 space if you don't count the farm. it's also mostly self sufficient in that it keeps all the machines and engines fully supplied and functioning by itself for the most part, the only thing i have to do once every blue moon is manually transfer the mulch 3-6 blocks from the moistener to the fertilizers, but only because this is impossible to automate.
the quarry is just there to keep the chunk loaded. it isn't turned on or part of the system in any way.
it's my own design, and i literally just finished building it 2 hours ago and was feeling pretty proud of myself, so i just thought i'd show it off since this topic just coincidentally happens to be here. >.>
Purely for the sake of saving 2 blocks I'd put an autarchic gate on the emerald transport pipe to draw items out, and I can never bring myself to void items, other than basics eg cobble dirt etc. Forestry is one of the few mods I've not really touched in the packs yet, I've got 10k of each ore etc but only like 20 stacks of logs..

What sort of MJ/tick does this produce?

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, I don't really have anything to show off.
I play ftb Direwolf's pack.
My "crib" is mostly a factory made out of construction foam and no windows.

Though I do have a pretty big factorization ore refinery, with 114 grinders, 114 mixers and 72 of each slag furnaces, crystallizers and furnaces, operated by routers and fed from and outputting to my applied energistics stuff.
I'm still having a bottleneck in the crystalizers (It's 12 crystallyzers for each ore kind of metal that can be crystallized, didn't want to mix them multiple metals in az single crystallizer).

That's all being powered by 4 towers of 8 solar turbines, with the maximum amount I could get in an area of mirrors, though 2 would be enough.

Other that that, I of course have some IC2 and thermal expansion machines. Though some of that setup might be removed now that I've got the factorizations stuff.

As for buildcraft power, I use 16 industrial steam engines (if I used any more, the pressure would drop), powered by a high pressure liquid boiler, using fuel I get from 70 apiaries with oily bees.

I've also got a small magic room for the more magical mods.

Unfortunately, it's not very pretty, though I do intend to eventually build a more aestatic living area.

Anyway, I can't really post any screenshots, because the internet connection where I am right now is too slow and unstable to go on the server.
(Because I used up all of my broadband for the month.)

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I build normally compact little cottages and eventually just add more and more basement floors as i need more storage:

Heres my most recent home

xPixelatedx said:
I have been working on my home (on & off) since Minecraft first got the Nether. I dislike the idea of starting from scratch every time the server map resets, so instead just kept building new homes on top of the old one. The server owner has been so kind as to let me move my home from map-to-map and/or move any resources I get from one of our maps to the other. According the the server data, I have been playing over a month of real time, this is what came of my singular efforts.

I can no longer build on top of it as the roof has literally hit the ceiling of the world, so now my attention will be focused to expanding it outward and making buildings around it.

[/spoiler]
Sweet mother of god that looks fantastic!

Also, what the hell are those clouds!?

I WANT SO MUCH

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
I had trouble running Minecraft on my Pentium IV when they updated to 1.3.1, and I haven't done much since.

I've been described as "dwarfy" when I build my dwelling because I don't have much need of a house. Every time I used to build one, I'd either never live in it, or I'd die. That may not sound bad, but I can't play Minecraft in anything but hardcore.

Here's the last I shot of my usual layout. I was cataloging my seeds on a Livejournal, but since no one had been bugging me about my lack of activity, I let it fall to the wayside until I can get some better hardware. Anyway, enjoy.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
Suave Charlie said:
Akytalusia said:

it's a double layer wheat farm, made with 2 farms from forestry that keep the wheat replanted after the 2 combines harvest any ripe stuff and send all the wheat to the fertilizers, keeping them full, and all the seeds back to the farms, keeping them full. excess seeds are destroyed through a void pipe, and excess wheat is sent to the moistener to make mulch for fueling the fertilizers. if all 3 machines are full, then excess wheat is also sent to a void pipe and destroyed. nothing is spit out onto the ground, so the system doesn't create any unnecessary lag. the fertilizers keep all the bio-gas engines that run everything fueled up with bio-mass, and the excess bio-mass is processed in a still to make bio-fuel which is sent to my remote 10k bucket tank through ender-tank transmission. there are also two aqueous accumulators for keeping the 2 fertilizers and the moistener filled with water, too.
it's a very compact system taking up only a 4x4 space if you don't count the farm. it's also mostly self sufficient in that it keeps all the machines and engines fully supplied and functioning by itself for the most part, the only thing i have to do once every blue moon is manually transfer the mulch 3-6 blocks from the moistener to the fertilizers, but only because this is impossible to automate.
the quarry is just there to keep the chunk loaded. it isn't turned on or part of the system in any way.
it's my own design, and i literally just finished building it 2 hours ago and was feeling pretty proud of myself, so i just thought i'd show it off since this topic just coincidentally happens to be here. >.>
Purely for the sake of saving 2 blocks I'd put an autarchic gate on the emerald transport pipe to draw items out, and I can never bring myself to void items, other than basics eg cobble dirt etc. Forestry is one of the few mods I've not really touched in the packs yet, I've got 10k of each ore etc but only like 20 stacks of logs..

What sort of MJ/tick does this produce?
i have no idea. o.o;; my plan is just to use it to produce bio-fuel so i can eventually start experimenting with steam boiler power. my hope is that it'll at least be productive enough to support a max size HP boiler and however many MJ/t that converts to. unfortunately my creative test world experiments in this field haven't been going too well since a low heat boiler eats way too much fuel. the inefficiency in fuel consumption is quite disheartening and i'm too impatient to wait the forecasted 5 hours for it to heat up to see what kind of consumption it really uses at full heat so i can't tell if 1 still would be enough to keep it powered. i might be able to add more stills, but until i know more about steam boilers, i just have no idea if i need more, or how many, or if the whole effort is wasted. :/ i'll just have to see when i get there.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
So, what I'd like to see is the screenshots of the tunnels/caverns/holes you guys have dug to get the resources to build all of this.

Or is it all creative mode/unlimied resources?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Now, little of this is legit- I'm far more interested in building than gathering resources, so ever since I became a mod on the server I play on I've been pretty much just using creative mode.
This is (an admittedly quite poor) shot of my skydock, which is probably my biggest home. There's some stuff on the ground that you can't see, but you get the picture. Most it's pretty old as well, it's far from my better stuff. Perhaps if I'm not feeling lazy I might take a couple of shots of my other stuff, but I don't actually have any.

NicotineStainedSoul

Jan 24, 2009
While I greatly admire epic builds in minecraft up to a point, I myself have never built a single epic single thing (i.e. gigantic castle, city). Its the tedium involved in the work itself for little pay off that stops me. Once I'm done building I don't want to linger there and the interiors can be lacking, i prefer to see something in the distance as I'm playing.
Instead on my long since gone server, i chose to litter the landscape as far as the eye could see with lighthouses and bridges covering the whole landscape. It all started as a necessity from basic nerdpoles with torches so I wouldn't get lost exploring before beds were a thing in mc. The end result was turning 360 in any direction and seeing my glowing beacons in all their forms, some early and simple, others far more ornate. I never removed anything. Small moments of creativity that could be seen from a distance littering the landscape for miles before diving into a hole for more resources to stick up a new lighthouse.
journeying in any direction and turning back and seeing them, and knowing where i was. It was a good feeling.

Epic builds, just too much time investment for me. And I never wanted to linger where I had already built, seeing from a distance though always good as I worked on something new.

I was probably "doing it wrong" but I don't care, that was what mc was to me lol

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Fuck me some of these are impressive. Trumps anything I've ever made :p

Sadly all I have made was a semi large stone castle with minimal interior decorating. Me and some friends I used to play minecraft with did make a town though, that was about 3 years ago.

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
Akytalusia said:
i have no idea. o.o;; my plan is just to use it to produce bio-fuel so i can eventually start experimenting with steam boiler power. my hope is that it'll at least be productive enough to support a max size HP boiler and however many MJ/t that converts to. unfortunately my creative test world experiments in this field haven't been going too well since a low heat boiler eats way too much fuel. the inefficiency in fuel consumption is quite disheartening and i'm too impatient to wait the forecasted 5 hours for it to heat up to see what kind of consumption it really uses at full heat so i can't tell if 1 still would be enough to keep it powered. i might be able to add more stills, but until i know more about steam boilers, i just have no idea if i need more, or how many, or if the whole effort is wasted. :/ i'll just have to see when i get there.
A max size HP boiler can power 14 Industrial steam engines when it's at 1000C steam temp. 14x8= 112MJ/tick. Just be aware in the warm up process it'll absolutely burn through your fuel reserves.. and if you can't produce enough to sustain max heat then it'll all be wasted :( At max temp both the LP and HP boiler are as efficient as each other.

Personally I went the sorta overpowered route, spent hours in the nether getting 2 tier 5 blaze soul shards which I have on constantly, 1 and a half blaze farms can sustain a HP boiler comfortably.
I also have a nether pump to tessaract to magmatic engine system going on, just cos I can, I can run my quarry at 100MJ/tick without depowering my base.

EDIT. Well furk. Applied Energistics messed up, and took with it all the blocks and literally all my storage.
Still have my infrastructure but gone from 20k of each ingot back to punching trees.
Goddamn.

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
Makabriel said:
So, what I'd like to see is the screenshots of the tunnels/caverns/holes you guys have dug to get the resources to build all of this.

Or is it all creative mode/unlimied resources?

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
Suave Charlie said:
Akytalusia said:
A max size HP boiler can power 14 Industrial steam engines when it's at 1000C steam temp. 14x8= 112MJ/tick. Just be aware in the warm up process it'll absolutely burn through your fuel reserves.. and if you can't produce enough to sustain max heat then it'll all be wasted :( At max temp both the LP and HP boiler are as efficient as each other.

Personally I went the sorta overpowered route, spent hours in the nether getting 2 tier 5 blaze soul shards which I have on constantly, 1 and a half blaze farms can sustain a HP boiler comfortably.
I also have a nether pump to tessaract to magmatic engine system going on, just cos I can, I can run my quarry at 100MJ/tick without depowering my base.

EDIT. Well furk. Applied Energistics messed up, and took with it all the blocks and literally all my storage.
Still have my infrastructure but gone from 20k of each ingot back to punching trees.
Goddamn.
shit son, losing 20k of each ingot is pretty devastating. i think i would get pretty depressed in that situation. on my own front, i just installed another still and engine, and it started draining my reserves faster than it was producing, so the current setup only supports 1 still self sufficiently. i'd have to add another fermenter as well for the system to keep up, with all the new piping and even more engines and possibly more farms and combines, it just doesn't look like it's gonna pan out, to be honest. i don't believe 1 still is going to be enough to keep a boiler running, and i'm quickly coming to the conclusion that i'm just gonna have to stick to water mill towers if i want self sufficient renewable energy. :/ this biomass/biofuel system is proving to be way too complex and unreliable.

also, i have 1 t5 blaze shard, and could pretty easily make another one. can boilers really run on blaze rods/powder? that sure would simplify things.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
latiasracer said:
Sweet mother of god that looks fantastic!
Thank you!

Also, what the hell are those clouds!?
I WANT SO MUCH
You will need optifine or mcpatcher in order to use them properly, but here is the texture pack that has them.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/345738-32x-15-derivation-rpg-v52-15-ready/

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
10% done, but still, it is way to big to fit into view.

[http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Kiodine/media/minecraft1-1_zps6d6b7cf0.jpg.html]
[http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Kiodine/media/minecraft2-1_zps2fb5d5a4.jpg.html]
[http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Kiodine/media/minecraft3_zps767e52fb.jpg.html]
[http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Kiodine/media/minecraft4_zpse2571f95.jpg.html]

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
Akytalusia said:
shit son, losing 20k of each ingot is pretty devastating. i think i would get pretty depressed in that situation. on my own front, i just installed another still and engine, and it started draining my reserves faster than it was producing, so the current setup only supports 1 still self sufficiently. i'd have to add another fermenter as well for the system to keep up, with all the new piping and even more engines and possibly more farms and combines, it just doesn't look like it's gonna pan out, to be honest. i don't believe 1 still is going to be enough to keep a boiler running, and i'm quickly coming to the conclusion that i'm just gonna have to stick to water mill towers if i want self sufficient renewable energy. :/ this biomass/biofuel system is proving to be way too complex and unreliable.

also, i have 1 t5 blaze shard, and could pretty easily make another one. can boilers really run on blaze rods/powder? that sure would simplify things.
I currently have a full quantum suit but only 5 stacks of iron.

I'm yet to try liquid fuel but as far as Im aware the biofuel does last a seriously long time.
I know there is a way to do a peat bog setup and make it profitable but forestry is one of the last few mods I've not touched properly.

Yeah a boiler can run off blaze rods, though make sure you have a full upgraded barrel full of them for the heat up, even at max temp it'll chew through 1-2 a second.

Current setup:
Two separate blaze traps feed into a router which puts it into an ender chest or if that's full into a barrel as overflow.
If you put a a chest next to the boiler with some fuel in the boiler will pull it out, so having the ender chest next to it keeps it fully stocked.