Show Us Your Knickers!

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
T0ad 0f Truth said:
geK0 said:
You're the coolest person on the escapist!

Thank you so much for charging in gungho and just posting that XD

I may consider joining you.
Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

I can't be the only fool to do this!

Can this be considered sexual harassment?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Boxers. The smooth ones, not the loose or uncomfy kind. But if I am home, commando. Gotta let the boys breathe and feel free.

For my partner? Anything they fancy cause I don't judge. If they feel comfortable in it then go for it cause I don't want them in pain or uncomfortable for the sake of fashion.

CrystalViolet

May 14, 2014
Colour Scientist said:
Okay, so my quest of gathering private and personal information about The Escapist community continues.

This topic is about your knickers.​
Oh gosh I love your threads! You always ask the best questions!!!

Colour Scientist said:
Specifically, what kind of underwear do you prefer to wear?
Ummm, I forget the English word. Wikipedia says "bikini" but I thought you only wear them into water, right? Also "boyshorts" - there is no way that's actual word people use, is it? I'm kind of embarrassed about my lack of underwear-specific vocabulary. If right anyway then it's mostly bikini and sometimes... boyshorts... (wtf?)

Colour Scientist said:
Additionally or alternatively, what kind of underwear do you appreciate most on a partner?
On women, the same as me. I don't really like G-strings and, ugh, granny pants (these words are hilarious) make me shudder! On men, boxers but not too loose.

Colour Scientist said:
Do you prefer comfort, practicality or aesthetics?
It has to be all! I only ever go commando when I throw my underpants at a rock concert.

Colour Scientist said:
For me, I tend to stick to hipster, bikini cut and thongs. The latter of these has become a less popular choice as I move through my twenties as I have noticed myself opting for slightly larger pants. I assume that this is due to my advancement in age and that the growing size of my knickers does in fact directly correlate with an increase in my maturity and wisdom.
Oh gosh that that had me laughing so hard I nearly died! PLEASE STOP!!! You're going to feel so guilty when I'm dead!

Colour Scientist said:
As a warning, if anyone feels the need to use the American word for female underwear, know that I will frown at you in a judging manner. You know the word, it starts with pant, ends in "eees" and I can't say it without cringing. XD
Uuuugggghhh. That word makes my skin crawl.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Boxers, both for lack of constriction and they're generally better to allow the skin to breathe. Cooler too in warm weather, less chance of swamp ass. Trust me, swamp ass is horrible and I generally get it wearing tight undergarments.
As for my wife, she can wear whatever is comfortable for her. I am not a fan of underwear beyond functionality and comfort.
In bed I generally wear gym shorts in warm weather, sometimes a tank top sometimes not, during cold weather a pair of PJ bottoms and a t-shirt, no undergarments needed either way.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
I know this thread is equally as silly as my last one. One might say that it is, in fact, pants.
Why are you talking about pants in a thread about underwear? Pants are what you wear over underwear.
I wear briefs, as I like the support.
I like having Cheney lovingly cradled.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Colour Scientist said:
At work, cotton boxer briefs (all cotton clothing is a must in case of an arc flash, have you seen how clothing is removed from burn victims?) Outside of work, I usually go commando.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well, you know the old argument about Boxers vs Briefs.

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_343858501

Then came the middle path. :D Best of both worlds.

As for personal preferences, I would favor comfort over style, but having a bit of both is obliviously best. As the commercial goes:

:D This commercial has unusual implications when put into this thread.

P.S. For any ladies or guys looking for a thrill/laugh, Google images of Boxer Briefs.

xD Wow.
Beffudled Sheep said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
I wear boxers, most of them seem to be plaid of varying colors minus one pair with snowmen on it. I like them becuase they're really comfortable. I'm really weird about things touching my skin whether it be clothes or people, so the "tighter but not tight" (looser but not loose) boxers tend to be the most comfortable things to wear, which is massively important.

In fact, whenever I'm in my room at the end of the day I usually just hang out in my boxers and a t-shirt.

On women? No preference really... Clean?

...Also, you're fast taking over Sheep's Job as the head Lardy bits weirdo LS. What's with all the interrogation!? XD
I know! What is this a mutiny!?
I'm gonna have to really step up my weird...
Sheep, have you forgotten?

You and Colour are the same person. A win for her is a win for you. ;D

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Colour Scientist said:
Boxers!

Female friend convinced me to buy boxer briefs and model them for her...they've gone unworn since. Not comfy.
Additionally or alternatively, what kind of underwear do you appreciate most on a partner?
Boy shorts are adorable and oddly smexy, but tried and true 'normal' panties are just fine. Thongs are nice for the bum... asspect.

Ha. Ha. The wit. Ha. Ha.
Do you prefer comfort, practicality or aesthetics?
Comfort, first and foremost. Thus the boxers. Nice, loose, and keeps me nethers relatively in check. Briefs are too constricting (not to mention the fact that they make me feel like I'm 8 again) and boxer briefs are an awkward middle ground.

The legs on boxer briefs are the primary problem. They ride up or just kind of...grip the thigh. It feels all kinds of off.

I feel like this is too much sharing.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I generally tend to prefer "boy shorts". They are insanely comfy and I've never really liked the bikini cut that most women's underwear seems to have.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I find the lack of reciprocation to my own picture offensive!

Am I not pretty enough for you Escapist? >: [

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Not The Bees said:
Lil devils x said:
Not The Bees said:
I've been following to see if anyone else goes commando, and I think I am the only one so far. I really hope this thread takes off and someone else out there does. Otherwise I should have just made something up and lied. XD
You are not alone! I beat you to it ( post 24).. but I cannot go without all the time, it depends on what I am wearing. It would just be gross to go without them in a short skirt, who knows what could crawl up there while sitting on a park bench or something.. ICK! D: I would never go out in a skirt without them, that would be gross, I see them as a barrier between me and whatever the hell is out there while I am wearing skirts. HAHA!

EVEN Weirder.. your post 42 and my post 24 prefer not to wear undies! HAHA! The answer to life the universe and everything is No undies.
Ha!

When I wear skirts I wear leggings or tights or something, because of scars on my legs, so I have the knickers thing solved right there. Nothing can crawl up there, unless they are really dedicated. And if they're that dedicated, I guess they deserve to crawl up there.

Itdoesthatsometimes

Aug 6, 2012
geK0 said:
I find the lack of reciprocation to my own picture offensive!

Am I not pretty enough for you Escapist? >: [
Well, I said I was shameless in a different thread. I guess I better join you in the showing portion of this thread.
I laid down, because I spent thirty minutes taking blurry pictures of myself in underwear. First time for everything I guess.

Don't say I never gave you nothing,Escapists.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I've got this crazy idea that's going to blow your mind.

"You can own more than one type of underwear."

So often you ask people and they'll either tell you they wear boxers, boxer briefs or briefs. Why limit yourself to one type? My drawers contain boxers, boxer briefs and briefs and I change between them depending on what I'm going to be doing.

Doing something sporty? Wear briefs.

Casual everyday stuff? Wear boxer briefs.

Lounging around at home? Wear boxers.

I'm comfy all the time =D

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
I prefer boxer-briefs that offer good coverage and support of my goolies. Briefs are too small and can get uncomfortable around the old clockweights and boxers are at the other end of the scale; so loose that that I feel like an executive toy. Boxer-briefs offer the best of both worlds for the discerning gent...or me. On really cold days and nights, I have a couple of black, lightweight microfibre under-shirts, which weigh less than a quaver but offer terrific insulation! The wonders of modern science!

On the rare occasion I get near enough to the opposite sex to check out the underwear department, lingerie and all that is fine and dandy but if a girl flashes a good-old fashioned pair of small, white, cotton knickers then I will pretty much do anything for her, up to and including listening to Ed Sheeran.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Boxers. My boys like a bit of room to breathe.

The only time I'm not wearing boxers is when I'm wearing a kilt. Then I'm going True Scotsman (makes sense, considering I'm Scottish) and wearing nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all.

Does still allow the boys to breathe, to be fair.