Shut In - Oh, Boy

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Shut In - Oh, Boy

Shut In is in the running for the worst horror movie of the year.

Read Full Article

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Brief question for everybody, what is up with horror movies and really stupid twists? Do they think a twist makes things scary? because I can tell you a pointless stupid twist will make us laugh more than anything.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
tf2godz said:
Brief question for everybody, what is up with horror movies and really stupid twists? Do they think a twist makes things scary? because I can tell you a pointless stupid twist will make us laugh more than anything.
Nostalgia Critic brought up a good theory as to why. Mainly cause people loved the twist in The Sixth Sense so much they went to see it again so they could see the clues leading up to the twist. So now studios have to add a twist so they can make the next TSS.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
RaikuFA said:
tf2godz said:
Nostalgia Critic brought up a good theory as to why. Mainly cause people loved the twist in The Sixth Sense so much they went to see it again so they could see the clues leading up to the twist. So now studios have to add a twist so they can make the next TSS.
can you link me to the video, I would love to see it

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
bastardofmelbourne said:
What was the twist? What was the twist???!

That's all I actually care about.
At a guess, the paralyzed son isn't paralyzed and is trying to possess his mother (in the ownership sense, not the supernatural) entirely.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
bastardofmelbourne said:

The stepson was only pretending to be paralyzed because he wanted to be alone with his stepmother forever and ever (read: Oedipus complex).

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Marter said:
bastardofmelbourne said:

The stepson was only pretending to be paralyzed because he wanted to be alone with his stepmother forever and ever (read: Oedipus complex).
Oh. That's pretty lame.

I'm not really sure what I was expecting, to be honest.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
bastardofmelbourne said:
Marter said:
bastardofmelbourne said:

Oh. That's pretty lame.

I'm not really sure what I was expecting, to be honest.
I was hoping the father had faked his death, and was trying to drive is wife insane so he could lay claim to her fortune or somethin'.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
tf2godz said:
RaikuFA said:
tf2godz said:
can you link me to the video, I would love to see it
Here you go:

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Marter said:
bastardofmelbourne said:

How the fuck did he pull that off?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Marter said:
bastardofmelbourne said:

How the fuck did he pull that off?
Movie magic, I guess.